jto966

Newbie ?? about selling my 1911

Hey everyone, well I signed up sometime ago,, can't recall when but this is my first post.

I'm looking to sell my Kimber Super Match II. I paid the monthly fee to get started but when I enter WTS post.

Do I ask what I'm looking to get for it and then get beat up because I might be asking too high?? :lol:

I only shot once in 3 years two maybe three boxes. The previous owner the same.

I'm selling because I'll never compete and I want to know I have a 1911 that will someday be carry worthy..you know for when I move from this beautiful state.

Thanks in advance for all the replies and help. Oh and yes it does have a slight IDIOT scratch on it..

I'm selling because I'll never compete

Just wondered what makes you say this? Is it lack of desire, or is it that you think it is too difficult? If you're just not interested, that's understandable - but don't sell yourself short. There are a lot of different gun games around NJ, with people at all levels competing. If you shoot any kind of action pistol game, you'll never want to shoot at static, paper targets again.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

This is a tough one.

If you were selling a Glock 19. I would suggest putting it on the forums at $400 and someone with a permit will pick it up. It's easier to turn over low cost guns than high cost guns. Someone is always has $400 for a Glock 19.

But you have a perfect storm with this gun. You have to find a guy who has a pistol permit and someone who has $2,000 ready. It's tough enough finding the former. It will be really tough finding the latter. And if you have the $2,000 why wouldn't you just buy new? If you can afford a $1,800 gun, you can afford a $2000 gun.

One of the things I've noticed in life is the biggest fear any buyer has is that he is missing an opportunity. The price has to be low enough to inspire greed and want, but high enough to make back some of your money. I would put it up for $1600. It's low enough for someone who is considering a Kimber to jump at it. Yes, you lose out on $400, but you will lose more if you sell it to a gun store.

Pizza Bob - very good point. I honestly just don't think I'd ever have the time. Or would I? I would need to start shooting a lot....right?

Maybe 2 -3 time a month. I'd have a tough time getting out once a month. But great idea.

To everyone else. I wouldn't be asking 2000 or even 1800,, If I could get $1725 clear.. NO hassles.. poof.. buyers come get it.

I've checked GB multiple times in the past.. most have sold for at least $1750 and up....at least that's what I've seen but maybe some sold for less.

Thanks for all the replies.

Pizza Bob - very good point. I honestly just don't think I'd ever have the time. Or would I? I would need to start shooting a lot....right?

Maybe 2 -3 time a month. I'd have a tough time getting out once a month. But great idea.

Since my son was born most months I only get to shoot at the one IDPA match that is closest to my house. Once in a while I'll get a chance to shoot one other time in that month. That's all the live fire practice I get and I still consider myself competitive.

You can always practice drawing at home with an empty gun.

(Once my wife doesn't need help with the baby all the time I intend to go back to shooting more...)

Since my son was born most months I only get to shoot at the one IDPA match that is closest to my house. Once in a while I'll get a chance to shoot one other time in that month. That's all the live fire practice I get and I still consider myself competitive.

You can always practice drawing at home with an empty gun.

(Once my wife doesn't need help with the baby all the time I intend to go back to shooting more...)

Until you have another one, I hear things happen in three's...

Once a month can be satisfying, but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you it tends to be addictive. Though, better to put it to limited use, than to take a bath in the marketplace.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob