I had a great time too. This was the first time doing this.

I met Ronhonda, PizzaBob and IrishPete'sWife. I'm sure I probably met a few others there but was not sure what their screen names were.

Thanks for all the helpful advice that everyone provided. Everyone was super friendly.

Nick, I believe I saw you there also but we were probably in different groups. I saw someone wearing the Mastodon Ammo & Cammo shirt and figure it was you. I was runnning late as my directions from google maps led me in the other direction. As I was running late for the orientation, I rushed inside to register.

Yes, great time as always. And the weather turned out great. Definitely needed sunblock.

Glad I could help Nick, and glad Ken decided to come out and shoot. I'm sure he'll catch the bug like the rest of us.

And now some video for anyone interested in seeing what they missed, or less likely, seeing my extraordinarily mediocre run. Unfortunately my wife missed the first half of Stage 2, but it was just a drop-turner, no big deal.

Nice, you loaded up those videos pretty quickly and nice work on the Texas star. I must have spent 2 mags on it alone. My son's comment was that I showed that grass who's boss.

Thanks. Yeah, the star can be a real menace. Luckily I seem to have an agreement with steel that when I shoot at them, they fall over. Unfortunately not everyone has that. I still made a lot of mistakes, but it's only my 3rd match, there's still plenty of room for improvement.

I had a fantastic day . Score be damned :) It was fun , looking forward to improving and continuing to learn. Dragon's next gun will be something his boy Nick can shoot at the next match lol .

Note to self..when 10 men tell you that you are turning red , you are in fact turning red. Even if you are half Cuban.When a dude offers you sunblock , pay attention.

I had a fantastic day . Score be damned :) It was fun , looking forward to improving and continuing to learn. Dragon's next gun will be something his boy Nick can shoot at the next match lol .

Note to self..when 10 men tell you that you are turning red , you are in fact turning red. Even if you are half Cuban.When a dude offers you sunblock , pay attention.

Baking soda bath makes you feel better but if you sre half cuban it should go to tan quick :)

sunblock should be in every shooters bag. especially at shongum, high atop a mountain.

Totally....... my buddy Ken who came along to shoot.....yes NOW hooked....commented on the way home that this is the safest he has ever felt at a range......that really says something .....IMO ..

In hindsight I realize errors..... mikes killed me..... note to self...slow down..... don't try to shoot as fast as the a 's in ur squad ... ;)

Good to hear you buddy likes it, haven't meet too many people who have come out and shoot that didn't feel the same way.

As far as trying to slow down, sometimes easier said then done and I find myself doing the same thing, hard not to at times and probably one of the many things I do wrong that has me ranked as a C.

I've been having the same problem with slowing down. I went too fast and pulled 2 NS, but luckily noticed and took the extra shots to avoid the 2 mikes on the first stage this time. By the 5th stage, I managed to slow down enough that I avoided all penalties and scored decent...my time was slow, but I scored good hits. I foresee a lot of practice and a lot of time before the speed will come.