Sandy

All Metal BUG?

I have my model 60 J frame with a 3" barrel . So I am set with a CC revolver :) I shoot about 50 rounds of magnums out of it each range trip just so I stay use to what a SD round feels like when it comes slamming out . It would be my go to if I was in my home during the day and my family's life was in danger. The sights are real big and super easy to sight up . I have a Remora holster for it that works well even with boxer shorts on.

The SP101 made my short list when I was shopping revolvers ..very nice gun , but the small profile of the grip on the 60 pro series ( wood , with nothing on the backstrap) was winner winner for me :)

I was looking for a BUG with more capacity than my 5 shooter revolver , and a magazine for quick changes as I suck with speedloaders. As I get older and pay the piper for all the martial arts and lacross ( hand injuries basically) I have a really hard time with fine motor stuff like loading mags and using speedloaders for revolvers . I have the dropsies real bad when it is something small and light like that. Don't even ask about snaps and buttons on babies clothes. Impossible.

Aging is fun. Not.

Trying to get to the BH today to take a look at a few things mentioned here . Thanks very much everyone for all the help , I have a nice list going now as a result :)

BTW - is the M&P Shield out yet? Forgot about that one.

I have my model 60 J frame with a 3" barrel . So I am set with a CC revolver :)

I was looking for a BUG with more capacity than my 5 shooter revolver , and a magazine for quick changes as I suck with speedloaders. As I get older and pay the piper for all the martial arts and lacross ( hand injuries basically) I have a really hard time with fine motor stuff like loading mags and using speedloaders for revolvers . I have the dropsies real bad when it is something small and light like that. Don't even ask about snaps and buttons on babies clothes. Impossible.

Listen lady, two things. One, stop complaining. Two, New York reload.

Short range experience/report. This thing sweet! Trigger is smooth, consistent and crisp DAO. Internet reviews are correct about trigger and recoil compared to other sub-compact pistols. I wear small or medium gloves (depending on brand) and I have no problem controlling the pistol. No failures of any sort using 6 or 7 round mags. My G22 Gen3 has more perceived recoil than CM9. At least that's how it felt to me alternating both with different distances. I'm glad I canceled my PF-9 and decided to upgrade. I wanted G26 or G27 but my small-sized frame and european cut clothing style will not allow me to conceal comfortably (where allowed, of course). G26 would have been a safe queen if I went with it. It's not a range gun but for MY primary purpose, and others, its serves well.

Did not mean to thread-jack, back to regular topic.

Nice pick up, range report when you get out and throw some down the pipe..

Listen lady, two things. One, stop complaining. Two, New York reload.

Talk to me when your age starts with a 4 or higher lol The more fun you had leading up to it , the more stuff starts to malfunction.

This is a cage match I'd pay to see, and my money would be on "the lady"

I'm game. Got mats in my basement too.

Short range experience/report. This thing sweet! Trigger is smooth, consistent and crisp DAO. Internet reviews are correct about trigger and recoil compared to other sub-compact pistols. I wear small or medium gloves (depending on brand) and I have no problem controlling the pistol. No failures of any sort using 6 or 7 round mags. My G22 Gen3 has more perceived recoil than CM9. At least that's how it felt to me alternating both with different distances. I'm glad I canceled my PF-9 and decided to upgrade. I wanted G26 or G27 but my small-sized frame and european cut clothing style will not allow me to conceal comfortably (where allowed, of course). G26 would have been a safe queen if I went with it. It's not a range gun but for MY primary purpose, and others, its serves well.

Did not mean to thread-jack, back to regular topic.

what gun are you referring to in this post?

Talk to me when your age starts with a 4 or higher lol The more fun you had leading up to it , the more stuff starts to malfunction.

I'm game. Got mats in my basement too.

I don't know what to say to this. Hopefully IrishPete will step in and say something.

Awww , thank you honey!!! By the way , as you see here , I'm buying another gun.

Aha! More proof that Pete doesn't exist - you screwed-up and posted under the wrong identity - gotcha. (The actor you hired was good, though). So what did you really do with the kids while you were shooting at Shongum?

I have my model 60 J frame with a 3" barrel . So I am set with a CC revolver :) I shoot about 50 rounds of magnums out of it each range trip just so I stay use to what a SD round feels like when it comes slamming out . It would be my go to if I was in my home during the day and my family's life was in danger. The sights are real big and super easy to sight up . I have a Remora holster for it that works well even with boxer shorts on.

The SP101 made my short list when I was shopping revolvers ..very nice gun , but the small profile of the grip on the 60 pro series ( wood , with nothing on the backstrap) was winner winner for me :)

Aging is fun. Not.

Trying to get to the BH today to take a look at a few things mentioned here . Thanks very much everyone for all the help , I have a nice list going now as a result :)

BTW - is the M&P Shield out yet? Forgot about that one.

Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth:

Rule #1: Go with what YOU KNOW! All of my autos are 1911's, so I bought a 1911 as a pocket gun. Same features and feel as all my other autos, so I can use it without having to think "where's this or that". I have an Officer's Model Colt .45 with a 3.5" tube (8 rounds cocked and locked) and I also have my true pocket gun, a Colt Mustang .380 Government Model in stainless (8 rounds, Condition 2) that shoots great no matter how much pocket lint it collects in "Free America"! The .380 is all metal, doesn't have sharp edges to snag in the pocket and can be carried hammer-down on a live round OR in Condition One since it still has a thumb safety.

Rule #2: PRACTICE till it becomes "second nature" to draw, double-tap, and re-assess both in Free-style (two hands) and Strong-Hand Only. Two rounds in the A-Zone at 5 yards or an alfa-charlie at 7 yards is a good parameter. Also practice carrying things, dropping them, and engaging the targets. Often, a Perp will approach a "defenseless female" when she has her hands full of groceries, dry cleaning, or otherwise pre-occupied. Nothing is worth losing your life over, so drop it to engage.

Rule #3: Situational Awareness is your Best Friend! Don't put yourself into a vulnerable situation if you can simply do something as cross the street to avoid a potential threat from manifesting itself. Don't be the Unaware Female (or Male) walking down the street while texting, for you just invited an attack into your "personal space". Also, if your "antenna" goes up, switch what you're carrying into your weak hand so that your strong hand is available to engage.

Colt just re-introduced their famous Mustang .380 Pocket Lite. It's in the American Rifleman Magazine: 2 and 3/4" tube, 6 round mag, aluminum frame (13.7 ounces unloaded), only $599 MSRP with two mags, hard case and a lock. They came back out with it due to the popularity of the Sig .380 p238 which is available in multiple configurations due to it's extreme popularity. Either brand is just fine, and the Sig is basically modeled after the Colt Mustang anyway.....

Or go onto Gunbroker to see about my Government Model with 7-round mags. EITHER one is just SWEET! And they both fit small hands really well! Thinner than almost anything else out there and a real pocketgun that won't injure your hand during practice. With 95 grain HP's, a double-tap will make the Perp want to stop the fight, unless he's high on bath salts or PCP. Then just give 'em another double to finish the fight!

O-K guys, don't beat me up (not meant to you Sandy).

Chat soon!

I don't know if it could be used in your competition, but an East German Makarov might be a nice thing...

Sandy, stick with revolvers. Simple, reliable, easy to maintain, and you can carry them easily.

I have a 3" barreled revolver , I love it. Sits nicely in a little remora holster even in gym shorts. Though I do want to pick up a regular IWB holster for it soon ( Model 60 J frame) . I have 3 P2Ps coming. Looking to get a subcompact like what I was asking about here , a compact ( already have my eye on one) , and another revolver ( undecided) . I tried a Colt Governor yesterday that I REALLLY liked , I was able to operate everything one handed , even the safety and slide lock lever..and it was adorable too ( hey , I am a girl afterall) . I think the next P2P is taken on something I saw in a CZ..then the next might be that Gov. Nice gun.

I tried a Colt Governor yesterday that I REALLLY liked ,

Never heard of such a beast. A S&W Governor in .45 Colt, but not a Colt semi-auto called the Governor - doubt S&W would allow that. Do you mean Defender?

Pete, Pete, you in there?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

lol Pete...is..resting ..in his pod :)

Uhm , it was definitely a Colt and a 1911 platform. Let me see , I probably got the name wrong.

Ok , post review :

" see about my Government Model with 7-round mags. EITHER one is just SWEET! And they both fit small hands really well! Thinner than almost anything else out there and a real pocketgun that won't injure your hand during practice. With 95 grain HP's, a double-tap will make the Perp want to stop the fight, unless he's high on bath salts or PCP. Then just give 'em another double to finish the fight!"

Government , Governor. Tomato , to-mah-toe :)

But that is not the one I tried. Sorry , I'm all over the place. I tried a Colt Mustang . I think. Dave will be able to clarify at some point lol