JETagent

Reading WWII weekend/air show this weekend

Guys missed a good show. Friday night we had tornado and hail watches with no buildings in sight, just our tents lol. They considered evacuating the airport but didnt. I figured I'de dive under the halftrack if the SHTF. Here is my dad & I on Saturday.

600732_4139854658517_391942726_n.jpg

Practicing turns about a point... over Round Valley Reservoir.

Awesome! I was visiting my parents in Bridgewater and eating dinner on their deck when two squadrons of 3 planes came in towards the Somerset County Airport in a really tight formation. Seeing that and hearing the rumble of the engines was awesome!

Awesome! I was visiting my parents in Bridgewater and eating dinner on their deck when two squadrons of 3 planes came in towards the Somerset County Airport in a really tight formation. Seeing that and hearing the rumble of the engines was awesome!

Yep. This was one of them practicing formation flight.

Rifleman, did you go for a ride in that plane? That's awesome! I live close to RV and actually saw numerous old planes flying near my house yesterday. I was wondering what was going on!

The owner is a friend of mine and fellow pilot. I'm usually taking the air to air photos when formation flying. We organized a Warbird weekend a couple of years ago at Solberg Airport before the gas prices went through the roof. It was quite a turn out. Even had the F4U Corsair "Marine's Dream" fly in.

Sorry guys if I'm ressurecting a dead topic.

JETAgent, what unit are you and your dad with? I'm with Bob Lawrence's 7th. Kp. Grossdeutschland Div. Do you guys do the village battle? My unit is the OpFor for that. I'm usually there with my Bfong Mp-40.

It's a great show, but I end up spending Sooooo much cash at it, LOL