Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Is it or is it not...

protect them from what?

Dust. It's an AR, not an AK. Dust in the brake can hinder accuracy. Oh wait, my HD rifle is an AR :blush:

Then again, last time I took my AR to R14, I pulled the bolt back, dropped in a handful of dirt, cycled the action a couple times, and continued to fire it. I like to abuse my guns :D

Seriously though...what are you "protecting" your muzzle and front sight from?

Not to self: Never buy a used gun from Vic again.

Key word "again". How's that SxS working out for you? By the way, I never put that through any kind of test, so don't worry.

And I like to make sure that my guns work under even unfavorable conditions, at least the ones that I'm trusting my life to. I need to try my 1911 next :D

Came with he gun, so I just keep them on in storage. Can't hurt them...

Dust. It's an AR, not an AK. Dust in the brake can hinder accuracy. Oh wait, my HD rifle is an AR :blush:

Then again, last time I took my AR to R14, I pulled the bolt back, dropped in a handful of dirt, cycled the action a couple times, and continued to fire it. I like to abuse my guns :D

Seriously though...what are you "protecting" your muzzle and front sight from?

Sent from John's iPad

I'm not so particular about scratches and what not, but the first thing to get banged up coming in and out of my safe is the muzzle end of every long gun i own. It's at the point now where i tell my self... Ok BE VERY CAREFUL. My safe is crammed with ammo and guns, so its like playing operation getting stuff in and out.

You hit the nail right on the head.... Same here. It's why I try to protect them any way I can... It's like a puzzle for sure. Cant afford a larger one yet.....

I'm not so particular about scratches and what not, but the first thing to get banged up coming in and out of my safe is the muzzle end of every long gun i own. It's at the point now where i tell my self... Ok BE VERY CAREFUL. My safe is crammed with ammo and guns, so its like playing operation getting stuff in and out.

Sent from John's iPad

Take care of your toys and they take care of you. My oldest gun which I bought new in the late 70s looks almost mint.

But...it's a gun. It's made to shoot, not look pretty.

Sent from John's iPad

By the looks of your avatar, looks like you own all the soap dropped...

Your gun is illegal, I just sent your pics to the Woodland Park police. Say hi to bubba for me, and don't drop the soap.

Sent from John's iPad

Uhhh, ok... Be right over... ;)

From a leo standpoint it is illegal. I will happily buy it from u cheap and make sure it is disposed of properly.:lol:

Sent from John's iPad

Take care of your toys and they take care of you. My oldest gun which I bought new in the late 70s looks almost mint.

Ehh like I said, I make sure my toys can take care of me even in unfavorable conditions. I've cycled a handful of dirt through my AR15, and then continued to fire it. I know it will work when I need it to. Do you know if yours will work if you need to use it in a high stress, unfavorable situation?

I don't buy that you've done that.... But I do know it will work when I need it and it won't if I cycle dirt. You really think I'm new at this? Bahahaha! You guys amuse me. :)

Nice try.... What a bunch of cartoons here.

Ehh like I said, I make sure my toys can take care of me even in unfavorable conditions. I've cycled a handful of dirt through my AR15, and then continued to fire it. I know it will work when I need it to. Do you know if yours will work if you need to use it in a high stress, unfavorable situation?

Sent from John's iPad

You really think I'm new at this?

Given the fact that you started this thread just to find out if your rifle is legal or not, yes, I do think you're new and inexperienced.

You think that opening the bolt, throwing in a handful of dirt, cycling the action, loading a mag, and then firing the gun can't be done?

OK, let's start out this way. Show some respect! I'm old enough to be your father. So don't you tell me about being new or inexperienced.

I like how people don't read between the lines. However, you are wrong. Not new. Owed guns for 36 years of all types. And yes, I know it can be done. Just not with a standard AR15.... So enough of the attitude. No need for it. From all the bashing, it seems like some of you guys have a 'who's bigger syndrome.'

And if you read my original post you'd see I said, "In the legality aspect, it's still post ban legal".... I used it as an example. So if you couldn't read between the lines, I was questioning the wording of the law.

Now I have not bashed anyone here nor have I been disrespectful. So where do you get off bashing me or my intelligence. Get off your high horses. I didn't come here to defend myself or get bashed, flamed or otherwise.

I will no longer entertain anyone in this thread if continued with the 'tude....

Have a nice day.

Given the fact that you started this thread just to find out if your rifle is legal or not, yes, I do think you're new and inexperienced.

You think that opening the bolt, throwing in a handful of dirt, cycling the action, loading a mag, and then firing the gun can't be done?