Clintoon Eastwood

1911-22 or a revolver .22 for the wife under $400(suggestions please)

Yup, I said for the wife. I'm slowly building my AR, so to get the wife off my back on the PESOS I'm spending on my project, I gotta get her a pistol of some sort. First off I'm still waiting on a PP in UNION, which took 64 days to process my FID AND 1 PP. So I believe I have a month or so..

I need suggestions please... She doesn't shoot much, but she loves to shoot everything even 50 cal black powder rifles. I want to keep it affordable for the both of us, hence the .22.

I just want to spend under $400 and NO conversion kits.

I would love to see some recommendations for a female.

Hello Clint,

We have a m&p 22 semi auto for 360.00 plus nics and tax. 12 round cap. We also have xtra mags for this item too.

Eric. If you wish to deal call me at 732-387-2664. We will be back in on thursday.

At that price point, the GSG 1911-22 comes in under budget. The Colt/Umarex just over. Also the M&P 22 is a great .22 pistol, that's what I went with.

Sorry gentlemen, I forgot to mention I have the mp40 And she doesn't like the look(looks is everything to women) and feel of it. But she did like the glock 9mm because it fit her hand perfectly.

In another few weeks I'll be able to give a range report on the SR-22 my father just bought. Even told him I'll bring the ammo. Lol.

As far as the mentioned guns I know the GSG 1911 and I'm very happy with it. Also most of what you probably looking at most of us have, so see who might be going to a match you might be going to or a range in your area and see who would let you and her shoot theirs. I'll be at OBRPC on Sunday and I can bring a GSG 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although it adds little to your inquiry and wife's sense of esthetics. I broke my wife in on a SIG 9mm, which she hated and had difficulty racking the slide and a Taurus.357 revolver with a 3 inch barrel, which she loves and costs only $365.00,handles well and she shoots better than myself.

My point is that there a number of reasonably priced firearms available without limiting yourself or wife to a .22.

When we where shopping for my wife we went to a few local shops and tried everything in her hand. That's how the decision was made -- what fit her. It ended up being a smith model 60 with a 3 inch barrel. She loves it. I load .38 wadcutters and she'll shoot 200 rnds a range session.

Since this small revolver was hers only I had her get her FID and her own pistol permit.

When we where shopping for my wife we went to a few local shops and tried everything in her hand. That's how the decision was made -- what fit her. It ended up being a smith model 60 with a 3 inch barrel. She loves it. I load .38 wadcutters and she'll shoot 200 rnds a range session.

Since this small revolver was hers only I had her get her FID and her own pistol permit.

I did the same with my wife and realized that she found the .22 offerings to be lacking and much preferred the bark and kick of the .357 shooting .38's.

In her words.. " The .22 is more like a toy".

<p>

P22 she said is too wierd( I don't know, I think all firearms are sexy as hell). As of right now she loves the UMAREX colt 1911 and anybody have any info on AMERICAN TACTICAL IMPORTS 1911-22?
That's the GSG 1911 or sig 1911-22 both or as you listed the name all 3 are the same gun.

Although it adds little to your inquiry and wife's sense of esthetics. I broke my wife in on a SIG 9mm, which she hated and had difficulty racking the slide and a Taurus.357 revolver with a 3 inch barrel, which she loves and costs only $365.00,handles well and she shoots better than myself.

My point is that there a number of reasonably priced firearms available without limiting yourself or wife to a .22.

Very true, Sir. She did love the glock 9mm, but ME on the other hand, I don't want to own a glock period because everybody has one or 2. I would rather buy something else, so many other choices of styles and brand. She is really liking the 1911 though, she did shoot the .45 colt but she wasn't too happy with the kick. So that's the main reason i told her about the 1911-22 and she was game for that.

Very true, Sir. She did love the glock 9mm, but ME on the other hand, I don't want to own a glock period because everybody has one or 2. I would rather buy something else, so many other choices of styles and brand. She is really liking the 1911 though, she did shoot the .45 colt but she wasn't too happy with the kick. So that's the main reason i told her about the 1911-22 and she was game for that.

I understand and sympathize. We are at the point where light weight/ poly firearms are regulated to the B list and revel in the heft,craftsmanship and performance of full metal firearms but at some point in one's life, one must own and shoot a Glock. If for nothing else but to scratch it off the bucket list.......

I would shy away from a .22LR revolver... good for learning trigger control, but a PITA to clean, and either cocking the hammer or the hammer pull might not be that much fun for your wife. That said, every firearm battery should have a .22LR revolver. And, there is a good deal on one in the market place. If you are close, you should at least take a look at the Taurus 94.

My first choice would be a used Ruger Mark II in good shape. Although, if you don't mind shooting hotter stuff and a DA/SA setup, the Bersa Thunder .22LR might be just the ticket. But, if you are set on 1911, the GSG-1911 or SIG 1911 should work just fine. I would order the stainless guide rod, though.

Very true, Sir. She did love the Glock 9mm, but ME on the other hand, I don't want to own a Glock period because everybody has one or 2. I would rather buy something else, so many other choices of styles and brand. She is really liking the 1911 though, she did shoot the .45 colt but she wasn't too happy with the kick. So that's the main reason i told her about the 1911-22 and she was game for that.

If she like the Glock, then don't dismiss owning one, it's not like you will ever go wrong with a Glock, Very easy to take down, easy to maintain, shoots just about anything you feed it, doesn't care if shes dirty and is very reliable and me personally I like them. I do have a Glock 19 3rd Gen and it's my HD handgun. Putting it off because everyone has one, well think about it, there is a reason a lot of people own them. Kind of reminds me of Yogi'ism "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too busy" lol

Now back to the 22LR. If you head up to OB this Sunday for the USPSA match let us know, I know a few bunch of us will be there and if you like I know I'd be willing to bring my GSG for her to try out, and I'd bet a few of the others might be inclined to do the same if asked.

I'd still say, if you could only have 1 22LR handgun it would be the MK II or III, but luckily we're not so I have more than 1.. :)

I would shy away from a .22LR revolver... good for learning trigger control, but a PITA to clean, and either cocking the hammer or the hammer pull might not be that much fun for your wife. That said, every firearm battery should have a .22LR revolver. And, there is a good deal on one in the market place. If you are close, you should at least take a look at the Taurus 94.

While I like my 94, I would shy away from it for his wife, I swapped to a Wolf spring in mine and have the pull a tad bit lighter, but the stock pull probably wouldn't be fun for her. I know I don't like it that much after a 100 rounds.

I know it's a little over your budget, BUT it's the platform that she's used to already, only with less recoil: The 1911 STI Spartan in 9mm! Holes big enough to see at a price you can afford. Trouble is, you'll need to ask to borrow it if it's in HER name, lol! A great full-size 1911, with a lot less kick than a .45. Everybody who buys one LOVES it, and that's one reason why they aren't available in the used market much! I KNOW it's more than the $400, but since it's for HER, let her decide if it's worth the difference. AND now the family has a real 1911 that costs half as much to feed as a .45!

I know it's a little over your budget, BUT it's the platform that she's used to already, only with less recoil: The 1911 STI Spartan in 9mm! Holes big enough to see at a price you can afford. Trouble is, you'll need to ask to borrow it if it's in HER name, lol! A great full-size 1911, with a lot less kick than a .45. Everybody who buys one LOVES it, and that's one reason why they aren't available in the used market much! I KNOW it's more than the $400, but since it's for HER, let her decide if it's worth the difference. AND now the family has a real 1911 that costs half as much to feed as a .45!

Thank you for that very useful info, I will most defienitly look into that and a 9mm would be perfect since she likes the 9mm. But I will still look into the 22 version also since ammo is crazy cheap.

And some of that cheapo .22 ammo isn't worth buying. I'm starting to lose the love for .22's. Usually in my revolver it is fine, but even then I sometimes have to spin a bullet around a bit to strike a different spot. It would be nice to get .22 ammo that always fires on the first shot, but I guess it isn't going to happen..............

I never had a 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP fail to fire, ever...........