I went to the bullet hole Saturday morning to use the range with 2 other people. After being at the range and shooting for one hour my friend said "You should see if they have that Ruger RS22 as your permit is going to expire in 2 weeks."

I looked and they had it in stock for $395.00. It was $50.00 more than the one I had on hold at Ramsey

Outdoor. I didn't want to have to wait 2 more months to get a new permit so I went home and got my

still valid permit and went back to the Bullet hole to purchase the gun. I dealt with the same guy behind the counter and purchased the gun. I asked jokingly, do I get bullets and range time with this purchase? He went to speak to the owner and said I could have range time. He gave me a slip that gave me 30 minutes free with his name. I got my protective gear and targets and went into the range gave my ticket to the range officer and took a lane and started shooting. There was no line waiting for range time.

After 15 minutes on the lane the range officer notified me I have 15 minutes and I said the ticket said 30 minutes. Range officer said clerk didn't know the time was only for 15 minutes. He stated that the owner

came down and said 15 minutes only. So I shot last clip and packed up. I took notice that there were

2 lanes open and no line waiting for a lane. There were no paying customers waiting for lane time and the owner went out of his way to come to the lanes to make sure that after I just spent $395.00 in his store that I could not shoot the new gun for more that 15 minutes even thought the ticket gave me 30 minutes. Which if the ticket was 15 minutes to start with that would have been fine but he acts like I would have beat him out of $3.75 for an extra 15 min of range time if I had stayed based on that ticket his employee gave me.

I can see why everyone is looking for another indoor range to go to shoot. When the new range opens in a neighboring town I can see the only business he is going to get if from Gun for Hire for teaching and the police who are local. I personally will never spend another dime in his place of business unless it is for range time which is the only option I have available at this time. I can honestly say that the owner is a surly, little man who needs a serious attitude adjustment.

From all the members on this forum that are saying a not so friendly review on bullethole, that is the Main reason that i still have never been thier. I would rather drive out of my way to go to rtsp I'm Randolph and in NJFG in Easton(for an indoor range) for better service or staff.

And last but not least I work with a lady that has her husband working thier and I know I can definetly get a discount on some of their stuff because I was told I was gonna get a HOOK up price, but I still have not set foot at that place.

From all the members on this forum that are saying a not so friendly review on bullethole, that is the Main reason that i still have never been there. I would rather drive out of my way to go to rtsp in Randolph...

That is why i take the trip to rtsp. if they're not busy, they're not sticklers for time and they won't charge you or even bother with it when you go over the allotted time. That reason alone is enough for me to be a loyal customer. Even if their prices are a bit higher than others (for range time and firearms), I will continue to support them.

That is why i take the trip to rtsp. if they're not busy, they're not sticklers for time and they won't charge you or even bother with it when you go over the allotted time. That reason alone is enough for me to be a loyal customer. Even if their prices are a bit higher than others (for range time and firearms), I will continue to support them.

I know for a fact that Firearms Guild gives a free ONE hour range time for every firearms purchase, well atleast to 3 of my friends they receive free range time. FG also has thier prices a little high, but with free range time I guess it makes up for it a little.

I never had a problem in the range either. Then again I bring my gun, my bullets and my targets. See how quick his attitude would change if another range or gun shop opened up close to the bullet hole. Their prices aren't that good. Not to mention the attitude you get from them. I'd rather go out of my way and give my business to another shop than to the Bullet Hole.

I've been thinking about the Bullet Hole for a place to shoot my new .22 recently. I'd been there to buy ammo a couple times just out of convenience, but had never shot there.

Went to RTSP today for the first time. Great place. Not sure why I even ever considered the Bullet Hole, when RTSP is newer, cleaner, has a friendlier staff, and is only 10-15 minutes further from home.

I shoot at Bullethole a few times a month, and I've never encountered anyone giving me attitude. You get the sense that the employees seeminly hate their jobs, but no one has ever been rude or unprofessional towards me. And the young guy that is sometimes the RO is pretty friendly.

The staff while not the most bubbly are always courteous and helpful.... aside from the owner. I follow the rules in the range and the ROs let me do my thing. I will gladly pay for range time, targets, and accessories, but after the last experience I had there purchasing a firearm from them that's as far as I'll go.

I know for a fact that Firearms Guild gives a free ONE hour range time for every firearms purchase,

I have three or four of those cards mouldering in my wallet. Since the range is as far away from me as it is, they could be giving our free annual memberships for all it does me.

I was there last Friday shooting my new AR. The RO actually came over gave me a few pointers and helped me sight it in. All in all had a great experience. However, when you try and buy accessories you better know EXACTLY what you want and need. I bought a sling for my 12G and when I got home it did not come with the swivels. My fault for not asking / checking but come on i should have been told. I then went to Ramsey Outdoor in Paramus to just get another sing and first word out of the sales guy's mount "do you have swivels" He took his time showed me a few slings and I ended up getting one from there. This is the reason that I get all my firearms at Ramsey. Friendly, courteous and helpful sales.

Was the the RS22 or SR22 you picked up??

Father just picked up one out here in AZ and not sure what they are going for back home in NJ, but well under MSRP out here. Ice gun, out the larger grip that came with it on and need to get out and throw a few rounds down the pipe this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a sling for my 12G and when I got home it did not come with the swivels.

This is one of those noob things, a lesson you learn once in life. Kinda like "most reloading dies don't come with shell holders", "most scopes don't come with rings", etc. It would have been NICE if they had mentioned sling swivels... By the same token, I bet the guy at Ramsey was once on the other end of an irate customer who bought a sling without swivels and had to make the trip back to the store and got an earful so that he too "learned a lesson he only needed to learn once" - or perhaps he himself bought a sling without swivels at one point in time and made the same mistake you made.

Some people are so wrapped up in their job that they only do what YOU ASK and don't try to upsell, could be the stress of the day, or they really don't care about their job, or they are sick of dealing with Joe Tire Kicker.

Look, I'm not saying that BH doesn't have problems or that I have not been on the other side of the counter across from "Crochety Old Guy" and I am a paying customer not just a tire kicker.

Never treated poorly by staff at all. I usually shoot there only if I have to. But they really rush you along..not really their fault I guess considering the volume. I could never imagaine buying a gun there with all those customers crowding me- but that's just me. How are they during "off peak hours", or is there such a thing?

I would like to try to correct this. The next time you are In, please show me the permit for the gun so I can remember the offer and I will give you an hour of time.

Jen

That is very nice of you Jen to try and correct this. Way to step up. :)

I don't understand. I spent over 600 at bullet hole a few weeks ago for a new pistol and when I asked about free range time I was basically laughed at.

How on earth were you able to get even the 15-30 minutes?

<--- not a very happy bullet hole customer.

I don't understand. I spent over 600 at bullet hole a few weeks ago for a new pistol and when I asked about free range time I was basically laughed at.

How on earth were you able to get even the 15-30 minutes?

<--- not a very happy bullet hole customer.

Talk to Jen. Do not talk to anyone else. In my experience she will make this right.

No one goes to bullethole for free range time. Gun costs are low by brick and mortar standards and ammo is by far lower than any competitor in the area (Casos, SS,Heritage). They can't make everyone happy, but I'm glad they don't so I can worry about one less in line. Join a club so range time is a non issue.

I've shot at bullet hole several times and while I don't think I've ever been blown away there, I've always been taken care of with respect. Definitely better than some places ive been to. Never bought a gun there but I wouldn't look for free time anyway.

I asked for free range time as I have seen others get guns from there and get free time. As far as price they were $70 Ramsey. I buy all my guns from Ramsey outdoor. The only reason that I got this at bullet hole was cause they had it in and that I did not want to wait another 2 months for a new permit. I think a few people are getting off the topic that I was posting about orginally.

I've been to the Bullet Hole a lot. I've puchased 3x guns from them and each time I was offered free range time by Jennifer, all 30 mins. I think it also depends on what time of day you go. I either go Saturday morning at 9am when they open or on a weekday after 6:30pm. When I go at those times, I never have to wait and since it's not super busy or crowded, everyone seems more relaxed and layed back. I've had conversations with Manny, Jennifer, Junior and the range officers on numerous occasions just shooting the breeze and found everyone to be very pleasant people.

I'm sure it's a little different when all the ports are full, there is a line of people waiting for a port inside the range and the front sales area is packed. I sometimes see it like that on Saturdays as I'm leaving.