Cemeterys Gun Blob

IDPA 3GUN at Old Bridge 8/12

"or thigh" is for LE/MIL as they will allow you to use your duty gear or whatever gear you're used to.

Nick, I talked to John at the SCFGPA flea market and he said it'll be completely lax, and not a true IDPA match, therefore thigh rigs are okay.

Ok, so no sling required for the rifle, correct? All I need is a holster for the handgun and a way to carry ammo on me for reloads? Would like to try this event, would like to use my revolver with moon clips and my Russian stuff (7.62x39 and Saiga-12).

Turns out we've got plans on the 12th and so I can't make it, but I was thinking about how to carry shells to reload the shotgun. How do you think a shell pouch used in skeet or trap events would work?

In thinking about it, it might also serve a good purpose in holding magazines for the rifle, no?

Candide,

Look at the BOLD items below and you will find all your answers.

So if you want to bring a "race" gun, bring it.

Any questions that are not answered in the post from the website, should be directed to the match director.

from the website, http://www.obdogs.co...ng_Matches.html

OBDOGS 3 gun match August 12, 2012

Sign up time is 9:30 and we will hopefully start shooting at 10:30. If you would like to come early and help set up, we could use you. Tom and I always meet at the Seville diner on rt 18 at 7am for breakfast.

OK, Here's the deal with the rules for the 3gun match.

First of all there will be no official score, you will have a score sheet and we will put your score on it but it's only for your own keeping. If you are shooting with a group, you can compare how well you did as a group.

We have decided to do this because there really isn't good scoring software out there using IDPA style scoring for 3 gun (please Jane, help us out). To try to use USPSA software would only complicate things more with the targets we use. When IDPA develops a scoring program then we will hold a match that abides by the IDPA rules. But until then here's how we are going to run this match......

Since there will be no official results posted it will pretty much be a "run what you brung" match.

1. There will be no classes or divisions.

2. You must have a Rifle, Shotgun and Handgun. There will be no sharing, if you don't have your own dedicated guns you can't shoot, don't ask. We tried that last year and it really slowed things down.

3. Rifles must be pistol caliber carbines or bigger. They must be semi auto or full auto (if you are allowed to have one in the state of NJ) No .22s. If you aren't sure call me. There will an option to table your rifle or let it hang so if you want to use a sling you can. if you have never done that, try to practice at home, there are plenty of youtube videos of transitioning to a handgun (Practice putting your safety on before letting it hang, it will prevent a DQ). Know your zero, we wont be shooting very far (40 yards max) but you will need to be accurate. All rifles will start with 10 rounds in the mag and 1 in the gun or less. All mags will be loaded to 10 max.

4. Shotguns must be 12 gauge pump or auto, bird shot only, number 6 shot or smaller i.e. 6,6.5, 7, 7.5 and so on. no slings for shotguns. All shotguns will start with 6 rounds or less.

Reloads for rifles and shotguns can come from anywhere on your body and you can carry as much as you want but you really wont need much per stage so don't go crazy carrying 30 rounds of shotgun shells. Figure on having 20 extra rounds of rifle and 20 shotgun at the start of each stage and you should be fine. Most of the time you wont be shooting both in the same stage.

5. Pistols must be 9mm or bigger semi auto or revolver. open guns, dots whatever you want as long as you are safe and reload it somewhat fast. It must be worn on the strong side hip or thigh and it must be secure. Again, if you aren't sure call me. Pistols will start with 10 in the mag and 1 in the chamber or less. All mags will be loaded to 10 rounds max.

FYI NJ has a 15 round limit on all magazines.

6. Safety rules. All the saftey rules you have ever heard of are in effect and will be explained in detail at the start of the match.

If you have any questions please call me. John Plum 908-419-7566

Candide,

Look at the BOLD items below and you will find all your answers.

So if you want to bring a "race" gun, bring it.

Any questions that are not answered in the post from the website, should be directed to the match director.

Thank you for the answer.

Do I detect sarcasm?

I'll be there. I emailed the match director two days ago asking about round count and a few other questions and I never got answer. Was going to post the answers here in case they helped anyone but...

He has a number listed, I'll call if I have some free time.