http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=auEAPAiy&full=true#display

I love how the media has dubbed this guys guns an "Arsenal".

Granted, 3500 rounds of ammo, a few high capacity mags including a beta or a 90 round version of a beta, and a really nice SBR (Judging based on a smaller photo, I may be wrong).

Its not what he had. Its what he said and how he acted. He had a few illegal items for NJ although everything could be legally owned through the ATF in the majority of other states. It isnt what he had that hurts us. Its the mental state of the individual. I love how they show the small collection as if that is the culprit of the problem. They should have shown a picture of the problem - the idiot. The firearms, an inanimate object stays the same. The idiiots change. The idiots need to be regulated, not the objects they possess.

"...various firearm equipment including scopes, manuals, holsters, slings, a tactical vest..."

I love how they insinuate having manuals and slings means your manufacturing firearms in your basement or something. If you buy a ceiling fan it comes with a damn manual.

You guys are too sensitive. The guy did have an arsenal. The guys talked a lot of crap in court about killing cops. Upon executing a warrant, the police found that he had the means to carry out his threats via his cache of weapons and ammo. The paper didn't insinuate anything. They stated facts. It is the reader who is assuming/insinuating things about the factual statements made.

Definition of ARSENAL

a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment b : a collection of weapons

The guy had a collection of weapons i.e arsenal.

I dont really care if this guy ever sees the light of day. He obviously isn't a very bright fellow.

What I was referring to was that they are reporting his possession of manuals as being "firearm equipment" as if he was a bomb maker. I think the OP was referring to the fact that many others on this board have vastly greater "arsenals" at their homes.

I (and I think the OP) was looking at the context and syntax that the story is written, and how the writer tries to intensify the readers reaction.

What?! No hollow points?!?! The media forgot to make a big deal about deadly hollow point ammunition!

I love the way the lumped his backpacks in with everything else because they looked tactical.

This guy is a frick'n a mental case. The douchebag had 2 pistols on his nightstand and another under his pillow.

I almost wish he had gone for one so the cops could have shot his dumb a**.

What?! No hollow points?!?! The media forgot to make a big deal about deadly hollow point ammunition!

I love the way the lumped his backpacks in with everything else because they looked tactical.

This guy is a frick'n a mental case. The douchebag had 2 pistols on his nightstand and another under his pillow.

I almost wish he had gone for one so the cops could have shot his dumb a**.

I think the reporter just copied down everything confiscated as it was written in the police report.

And the EVIL 90 round mag will cause him more trouble than practically everything else.......

I thought that "staging" Ammo Boxes in your kitchen was "normal" when you make trips up and down the basement steps to get ready for a trip to the range, lol!

Terroristic Threats will draw attention! What an Idiot!

Its not what he had. Its what he said and how he acted. He had a few illegal items for NJ although everything could be legally owned through the ATF in the majority of other states. It isnt what he had that hurts us. Its the mental state of the individual. I love how they show the small collection as if that is the culprit of the problem. They should have shown a picture of the problem - the idiot. The firearms, an inanimate object stays the same. The idiiots change. The idiots need to be regulated, not the objects they possess.

Thank you for eloquently stating a point that needs to be taken more seriously. The media, in their attempt to villify firearms, concentrates on the "evil" gun as opposed to the P.O.S. behind it. It's the major problem being faced with firearms ownership and rights. Left to it's own devices, the firearm does nothing. It's an inanimate object. It's not until it is purposed with evil intent that it becomes something dangerous.

That being said, this writer isn't sophisticated enough (seemingly) to spin this story too much. It seems mostly fact reporting. But, they should put the face of the accused on the front page as opposed to his "arsenal".

JMHO.

C

Thank you for eloquently stating a point that needs to be taken more seriously. The media, in their attempt to villify firearms, concentrates on the "evil" gun as opposed to the P.O.S. behind it. It's the major problem being faced with firearms ownership and rights. Left to it's own devices, the firearm does nothing. It's an inanimate object. It's not until it is purposed with evil intent that it becomes something dangerous.

That being said, this writer isn't sophisticated enough (seemingly) to spin this story too much. It seems mostly fact reporting. But, they should put the face of the accused on the front page as opposed to his "arsenal".

JMHO.

C

Jerry Doesnt spin..he just tells it like it is and lets the chips fall where they may..and the face was there right next to the stash of firearms.

Just another dumbass, hurting our cause.

How does he hurt our cause? The anti's claim bans work, yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ. They claim background checks work, yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ. They claim registration is needed because it works, and yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ.

So I ask again, how does he hurt our cause? He seems to be the poster child for "effective" gun control.

How does he hurt our cause? The anti's claim bans work, yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ. They claim background checks work, yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ. They claim registration is needed because it works, and yet this dipsh*t had numerous items that are banned in NJ.

So I ask again, how does he hurt our cause? He seems to be the poster child for "effective" gun control.

He hurts our cause because these "'numerous" items that are banned in NJ" (SBR, and a beta mag) are perfectly legal in any other free state. So if by chance someone tries to get the laws changed to be more gun friendly, all the liberals have to do is talk about this guy and how beta mags are designed to be used by "cop killers". He hurts our cause because he adds fuel to the liberal gun grabbers fire.

ok, so why do you think that felons and crazies should be able to buy firearms legally? Do you think felons and crazies should be able to carry concealed, too?

The 2nd Amendment, yes (wrt the law should not actually forbid it), and they do. You don't. Because the laws only affect you.

The 2nd Amendment, yes (wrt the law should not actually forbid it), and they do. You don't. Because the laws only affect you.

Amen, brother. I'm with you and David Codrea, who says, "Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun can't be trusted without a custodian." Our criminal justice system is based on rehabilitation, and while I'm not going to argue whether or not rehabilitation in prison works, the bottom line is that once your debt to society has been paid, you are supposed to rejoin as a full member of society. As for the crazies? If they're that crazy, they should be under a Doctor's care (i.e. have a custodian).

Is it so hard to see this? If gun owners themsleves don't get it, how can we expect the average citizen to?

The argument that lawbreakers ignore the law by definition has already been made and is valid. It's not the only argument.

Once any condition is placed upon our right, the door is open. Just look at the convicted felon prohibition. It feels good to say that murderers should not be allowed to have a firearm. Problem is, the law makes no distinction between the types of felons who are prohibited. Someone convicted of perjury is a felon and therefore not eligible to legally purchase a firearm. Does someone convicted of perjury represent a violent threat to the community? How long before someone decides YOU are part of a group that shouldn't have a firearm? Maybe you like MMA? Shows a tendency toward violence. Maybe you've gotten too many speeding tickets? Shows irresponsibility and bad judgement. Think it can't happen? Think again.

Our freedoms are not free. There is a cost involved in maintaining them and it is not just monetary or military. Sometimes the cost is personal. Some don't mind the cost when it is paid in a faraway land by someone whose situation they can separate themselves from. "It's a shame that soldier died, but it couldn't happen to me becuase I would never join the military." When it happens in a movie theater it hits much closer to home and generates a lot more fear. Since 9/11 we as a nation have been far too eager to sacrifice our freedoms for the illusion of safety. We need to not only concede no further ground but to recapture that which was lost.

They are all the same color and I can't discern a .22. So I say fail. Oh yeah, also not an arsenal.

What is the one second from the top that looks like an MP-40 married an SKS?

Sks in some kind of aftermarket folder stock i think