Cemeterys Gun Blob

Lautenberg: The NRA can't win

Looks like Lautenmummy, Menendez, and 'Shoulder thing that goes up' McCarthy had a press conference about introducing their bill for magazine restrictions.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/US_Sens_Lautenberg_Menendez_push_ban_on_high-capacity_ammunition.html

“We can’t let the NRA stop us,” Sen. Frank Lautenberg said at a news conference in the Capitol. “What freedoms do we protect when the tools of mass murder are so easily available?”

I reckon Lautenberg ain't happy with how the NRA has a history of taking down politicians, like Florio in '93, by funding and helping an anti tax group that was the big fighter in that election.

And Menendez takes a swipe at Christie;

“It is incredible to believe we should accept the course of events simply as they are because there might be political opposition,” Menendez said.

These two guys are so entrenched they can do what ever they please......only old age will make them retire, and in Lautenmummy's case, that ain't helping.

They're probably right. I'll be the first to admit I'm a defeatist, and tend to believe all is lost in the end. I think that with the current political climate, they're going to get what they want. The NRA has been awfully quiet in my opinion, maybe I'm not watching them closely enough, but IMO, I haven't seen too many 2A groups doing a lot to stem the tide against them.

They're probably right. I'll be the first to admit I'm a defeatist, and tend to believe all is lost in the end. I think that with the current political climate, they're going to get what they want. The NRA has been awfully quiet in my opinion, maybe I'm not watching them closely enough, but IMO, I haven't seen too many 2A groups doing a lot to stem the tide against them.

I have not seen much from the NRA either but than again I'm not looking.

I will say that it would not be a surprise to me if the NRA takes a back seat till all the BS around the situation is over. Then they can say that unlike the anti gun politicians, the stance is not to fight a battle over 2A while people are suffering.

Those three stooges can introduce anything they want. Who cares? They just make themselves look like bigger idiots. Nothing they come up with will make it through the House. Even if something did make it through somehow, Obama isn't going to sign any anti-gun stuff this close to the election.

I'll bet the NRA is getting all kinds of new members because of all this mess.

i still dont understand what limiting the magazine cap is gonna do except piss off a lot of gun owners. the cops said the beta mag the shooter used allows 50-60 rounds a min. i'm fairly confident i could squeeze off 5-6 10round mags in a min. so there is no difference. granted they would not be as accurate but at that rof its about volume not accuracy.

the nra probably feels they dont have to do anything to them because they are doing it to themselves. so why take the risk of making yourself look like an @$$ too?

They are wasting their breath nothing will come of this.

I'm not sure I understand how you're arriving at the conclusion that they're going to get what they want? I'm confused. In this climate they are absolutely NOT going to get what they want. The election is in November and gun control is a losing issue for the Dems. The NRA has never been more powerful. The country has never been more pro gun. Have you not noticed how many new shooters there are at the range (pick any range) these days? Even here in NJ things are changing. The NJ2AS is making serious progress, town by town. Even if the President gets elected for a 2nd term I think it's extremely unlikely he'll ban hi-cap mags or 'assault weapons'. Who in the House and Senate is going to support him? A handful of people? This isn't 1994.

I'm not sure I understand how you're arriving at the conclusion that they're going to get what they want? I'm confused. In this climate they are absolutely NOT going to get what they want. The election is in November and gun control is a losing issue for the Dems. The NRA has never been more powerful. The country has never been more pro gun. Have you not noticed how many new shooters there are at the range (pick any range) these days? Even here in NJ things are changing. The NJ2AS is making serious progress, town by town. Even if the President gets elected for a 2nd term I think it's extremely unlikely he'll ban hi-cap mags or 'assault weapons'. Who in the House and Senate is going to support him? A handful of people? This isn't 1994.

Perhaps the antis, though fewer are just louder. Keep in mind, I'm only 20, so I have no clue what it was like in '94, but when I hear them speaking out, I get worried.

Perhaps the antis, though fewer are just louder. Keep in mind, I'm only 20, so I have no clue what it was like in '94, but when I hear them speaking out, I get worried.

Reminds me of the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I do believe that most gun owners are of a more reserved demeanor.

Reminds me of the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I do believe that most gun owners are of a more reserved demeanor.

That seems to be an attitude on here when someone complains others post a whambulance pictures or a butthurt form to fill out. Complaining seems unmanly so the unmanly complainers get the grease.

From what I understand, this does not really sound like a threat. First it has to pass to get added to the cyber security bill than that bill has to get passed. Most republicans do not want this amendment passed so it chances are close to zero to begin with. On top of that it is getting added to a bill that most democrats do not want to pass, which at least in this form the 10 rnd mag limit is not really a threat.

I wrote one several hours ago telling him that it's time NJ voters send him packing, and that he needs to get to work doing what I'm paying him to do or to resign. Just a little something to make me feel good and to line the bottom of his trash can.

What does the NRA have to do with the event in Aurora, Colorado? Or the event in Arizona? Or the event at Ft. Hood? Or Virginia tech?

NOTHING

Some political cartoon had an image of the Aurora shooter wearing an NRA hoodie.

Only the good die young. Evil ones seem to live forever...

I used to say that evil never dies as it pertains to our dictators be it a boss or a govt official. The sad thing that I learned is that his/their replacement is all likely to be demon spawn of their predecessor taking things to a whole new level.