Yup..they have no idea about firearms ownership. The permits and coe's get burned after reading. clueless and paranoid. Have you tinfoiled your walls yet to keep the scanners out

Look, I'm not one to buy in to Shawn's thing much. But, let's ratchet down at least somewhat. Clearly, he's gotten jammed up in the past because of this "other Shawn Moore" thing. Put yourself in his position. You'd be leery too. How would you feel if you had big hurdles going through the academy and getting your job because there was some skell out there with the same name as you?

Yes that's next one their agenda. Watch your back because they are scanning for you. Paranoid much

I've been pulled over, locked up and tossed in jail well over a dozen times because a felon has the same name and birthday as me. I have every right to be mad.

I find that very hard to believe. When a warrant check is done you check DOB, SS#. Tose are the two that nobody has alike unless he has your info. If it is such a problem then stop complaining and do something about it. Put them on notice and if it happens again file harassment charges. If you have anything to back up what you say then proving to a judge about the constant harassment shouldnt be a problem. It will at least make them more careful if this is indeed the case. In five years on the job wi all the people I run across I have never had the wrong person after verifying a warrant wih all necessary info. I am not sure how big your town is but wouldn't by now most officers know the difference between the two of you

Believe me I'm not to thrilled with him but he's not the one who slapped cuffs on me. I'm pretty pissed at both sides. I let it all go with no law suits. I can't say I'll be so forgiving the next time it happens. Because I know there will be a next time.

Most of the time I have seen them in towns or parking lots so they were driving slow. Didn't know about them reading at faster speeds. I am sure some fear mongerers here will still have a problem.

Yeah, when a town had the ALPR's on loan from the sheriffs/prosecutors office in gloucester county they had a squad car sit on on overpass on 295 and let it sit there for 2 hours or so, I think they got 6 felony warrant arrests from cars on the highway. Its a great system.

ShawnMoore, sorry to here about the mix up with the other shawn, I'd be ticked off as well is someone else had the same name and D.O.B. as me and kept screwing me over for things. Hopefully your run in with the gibbstown police(east greenwhich now? did they consolidate?) will decrease and become non-existent.

Here is when they gave us the same driver liscense number. That was great

I was skeptical. I have been converted. Holy F man

I can absolutley understand the outrage. But I still have to say, rage against the scanners is a little misplaced.

You have to believe that you are a gross, terrible acception, don't you?

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't drive. There's public transportation that's available to everyone. Just watch out, maybe they have facial recognition cameras in the buses, and voice recorders wired into the seats :rolleyes:

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't drive. There's public transportation that's available to everyone. Just watch out, maybe they have facial recognition cameras in the buses, and voice recorders wired into the seats :rolleyes:

Are you friggin kidding me? I'd love to see your additude towards this if you've been tossed in jail a few times, if you haven't been able to vote in a decade, if youve been removed from job sites for bad background checks, had you car impounded, had to take god knows how many days off work to argue this crap in court, had you fid and p2p take a year in appeals court, if you can never buy a gun the same day because you get put on delay, if you get medical bills that were from the other guy or had buying a house or renting an apartment put on hold. Me getting off lucky is being handcuffed to a bench for a couple hours while they figure this out. But what usually happens is nobody wants to deal with it so I just get sent to county. Believe me a lot of things will start to piss you off. I can deff tell you these scanners will cause me trouble. The more of em there are the more trouble I will deal with. Yeah it's like a 1 in a billion chance this could happen but when your that 1 it sucks really bad. But my rights shouldn't be taken from me for just being born on the same day as someone and being named the same name. Every person I reached out to for help all says the same thing. There is nothing I can do to stop it. But I can sue after the fact. I'm not some lawsuit happy ambulance chaser so I haven't but I'll tell you the time of my patience wearing off is coming very soon. Little comments like that are all fine and dandy because you have all your rights and don't believe they can be taken. I've been fighting for mine since I was 18 years old. I'm pissed and I'm allowed to be. Sounds to me like you have some growing up to do. Put your hat on straight, move out of mommy's house and then maybe you'll have an opinion that's valid. Until then adults are talking.

Wow, After reading this thread I had to respond.

#1 Shawn, I really do feel sorry for you. That truely does suck. Kudos to you for uploading the truth.

#2 I see that some LEO's still stand with the "I am always correct" attitude. The fact is they never had, or knew someone, that was on the "other side" of the system. If they did, they would think differently about how hard it is to deal with any court system in this state! They believe the system is perfect when in fact it is broken. I had a friend who went through years of BS due to his own brother using his name when in trouble with the law.

I don't find anything hard to believe these days, anything is possible...

Good luck with that mess

Today we are Guilty until proven Innocent

Shawn has this created any problem when purchasing firearms? Do you get delayed when Nics is called? Sorry to hear about this. This is all so crazy.

yes i was denied for my fid and p2p for lieing on my application, criminal history and mental health. after a year in county superior court i fought and fought to get my permits and won. but i spent and lost thousands between legal fees and missing work. every time i go through nics i get put on delay. which doesnt seem bad but it means i cant buy guns at gun shows and if a place thats a bit of a drive from me (cabelas, mastadon) gets something i want id have to go twice. which i just wont do. right now my plan is having my wife get a fid just to avoid the wait. pistols i buy from a local shop so i can deal with it.

Wow, that really sucks. I had trouble with someone with my name who had a different middle initial and was 8 years older...I can't imagine your situation. Holy crap.

I'd legally change my middle name and get it switched over on all documents. This will haunt you everywhere your entire life. A judge will listen to your reasons and grant it immediately. You could keep the name in the hay family and go with Alfalfa or get radical and go with Clover.

if i change my name its still my alias. believe me i looked into it. believe me there is nothing i can do to separate us. ive spoke to lawyer, law enforcement and politicians and they say the same thing. first they cant believe its true then tell me there is nothing that can be done. ive contacted the fbi about a special number to put on applications when purchasing guns but i dont know it that will help since my fid doesnt seem to help. either way when im pulled over i know it wont work.

Are you friggin kidding me? I'd love to see your additude towards this if you've been tossed in jail a few times, if you haven't been able to vote in a decade, if youve been removed from job sites for bad background checks, had you car impounded, had to take god knows how many days off work to argue this crap in court, had you fid and p2p take a year in appeals court, if you can never buy a gun the same day because you get put on delay, if you get medical bills that were from the other guy or had buying a house or renting an apartment put on hold. Me getting off lucky is being handcuffed to a bench for a couple hours while they figure this out. But what usually happens is nobody wants to deal with it so I just get sent to county. Believe me a lot of things will start to piss you off. I can deff tell you these scanners will cause me trouble. The more of em there are the more trouble I will deal with. Yeah it's like a 1 in a billion chance this could happen but when your that 1 it sucks really bad. But my rights shouldn't be taken from me for just being born on the same day as someone and being named the same name. Every person I reached out to for help all says the same thing. There is nothing I can do to stop it. But I can sue after the fact. I'm not some lawsuit happy ambulance chaser so I haven't but I'll tell you the time of my patience wearing off is coming very soon. Little comments like that are all fine and dandy because you have all your rights and don't believe they can be taken. I've been fighting for mine since I was 18 years old. I'm pissed and I'm allowed to be. Sounds to me like you have some growing up to do. Put your hat on straight, move out of mommy's house and then maybe you'll have an opinion that's valid. Until then adults are talking.

Ummm...I said NOTHING about your situation with this other Shawn Moore. Please, learn to read what someone is saying before you throw another temper tantrum. Your situation with this criminal is very unfortunate, and I hope you get it resolved in some way, shape, or form. However that has NOTHING to do with license plate scanners, or the fact that driving is a privilege.