Today I went to RTSP to check out their range and get some shooting in. The place is seriously amazing. Plenty of stock to check out, which I did, and the range was really nice also.

Rented the Ruger SR22, which is the gun I'm considering buying as my first one, spent an hour at the range, went through 100 rounds and had a blast, I have a feeling this hobby is going to put a major hole in my pockets haha.

My only 2 complaints were that the gun wasn't clean when I got it and the range was hot, but those are two things that I can easily overlook because the staff was very helpful, their selection was very nice and I had a great time!

Looking forward to going back...please share stories from your experiences at RTSP!

RxB

A 22 is a good starter pistol. Check out some others. Personally I like dedicated 22 guns more than 22 clones of larger caliber guns. The Browning Buck Mark is my favorite. That said, the M&P 22 is nice too.

If my wife and I go to RTSP and have just our 1 gun, and want 1 port to share and take turns, is it $20/hr or $40/hr?

MC

$30. $20 for the first person $10 for the second.

Made my first trip to RTSP today. What a really nice range. Clean, spacious and fairly freindly staff. But who came up with their Ammo Prices, has anyone ever actually bought a box of ammo at those prices? The last time I paid that much for a box of 40 cal, they through in the gun for free. Besides that, nice place to shoot.

Their ammo prices are sky high, their rentals seem dirty (I don't rent, so I don't care), and they seem busy whenever I am in, but overall they are a friendly decent range. I like to shoot rifles more than handguns, so I don't go there often.

I liked when they first opened up because their staff seemed less pushy and there was less customers coming in. My guess is they have a lot of new shooters coming into the store. I would love if they had some sort of partial membership for the winter.

And they also have a "Date Night" where your lady friend shoots for free on Fridays between 6-8pm... And "2fer Tuesdays which also includes a free port sharing and BOGO on targets. I love that place

Where do you find info on this? Didnt hear anything abou tit at range or on the website. Had no idea of special rate nights.

Where do you find info on this? Didn't hear anything about it at range or on the website. Had no idea of special rate nights.

There are a couple of signs up at the range for these that I saw when I was there on Saturday morning

TheWombat

Does the fact that you have to fill out a bunch of forms with personal info, bother anyone else?

There were people ahead of me for range time, who got their pictures taken, so I assume that is a prerequisite for shooting at the range. That also seemed odd to me.

The whole process just to rent a port seemed very unnecessarily difficult.

How much paper work do you need to fill out? Never heard of having to fill out paper work unless you were applying for a membership. I went there a few weeks back for the first time but there was at least an hour wait and being I wasn’t a member, that hour could easily turn to two. It's a really nice range but I personally feel it's over priced, especially for a membership + the rifle charge. With those prices you would think they were in the heart of Bergen County or Manhattan. But I guess not everyone feels that way since it was pretty busy when I went. I am hoping Luciano's range when it opens is a little more down to earth with their membership prices.

I hope the $400 membership cost is inaccurate. That's crazy for an indoor course. Unless your going a few time a week, I don't think it's worth more than $250 for a membership. I wouldn't mind even paying a small yearly registration fee and still paying when you use the range. This way you can track everyone who uses the range and keep out the rif-raf. Last time I was in, the owner told me 16 ports. I guess its all hear say until it is built.

i Hope $400 a year is not the correct amount. Lets face facts it is in Paterson. I know the owner is probably laying out a ton of money to build this range but lets not try to recoupe all this money in 6 months and if it is $400 a year what the hell do you get for that besides unlimited range time? I hope there's some free ammo coming with this membership.

I prefer not to shoot next to felons. Bring on the paperwork.

Indeed. Still deciding on if I'm renewing CR or just getting a membership at RTSP. Do they offer a NJGF member discount? Or a "I tell everyone at work about how great the place is" discount? I'm not a cop, but I probably shoot better than a majority of them and I'm an indentured servant to the state.

i Hope $400 a year is not the correct amount. Lets face facts it is in Paterson. I know the owner is probably laying out a ton of money to build this range but lets not try to recoupe all this money in 6 months and if it is $400 a year what the hell do you get for that besides unlimited range time? I hope there's some free ammo coming with this membership.

It's not in Paterson. Woodland Park, formerly know as West Paterson, right on the border of Little Falls.

Date night was fun last night. RTSP definitely makes it accessible to infrequent shooters. It was also nice seeing couples who were both experienced shooters. Also, the people behind the counter and also the range officer were extremely friendly. I wish it wasn't almost an hour away, more than an hour on Friday night because of route 80 but anyway, nicest place I've been to shoot so far.

MC