raz-0

6 stage classifier cjuspsa 8-12-12

Alec: If you have cranked you windage screw too far, the screw that it travels on may have broken. Look on you tube about replacing the rear sight blade and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Alec: If you have cranked you windage screw too far, the screw that it travels on may have broken. Look on you tube about replacing the rear sight blade and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, I think it has something to do with my elevation screw. My front sight was replaced with a SDM fiber optic, and I needed to raise my rear sight to get it sighted in remotely close. But I just noticed that my rear sight is " Floating " the elevation screw is not touching a thing.

The elevation screw goes into a threaded plate that fits into a track milled into the frame under the rear sight base. The track keeps it from turning and the leaf-spring action of the sight is what causes it to rise against the elevation screw. If you have backed the elevation screw out too far, it will have come out of the plate, meaning you have run out of elevation adjustment. Was the new FO front sight the same height as the OE blade you removed? If this is what has happened, you need a shorter front sight and you may need to remove the rear sight, slide the plate out and start it on the elevation screw and then slip the plate into the track while reinstalling the rear sight as an assembly. I'll see you there - maybe before you get a chance to read this.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As always a great time. Very low turnout, I think about 35 people, everyone must have been at the 3 gun in OB.

Glad to see everyone again!

It was idpa 3gun and area 8 this weekend. That and the fact it tends to be horribly hot in august, and we just did the big sectional match last weekend is why we went lightweight with a classifier match.

It was a great day little hot but good droup of guys to shoot with. Can one of you guys tell me the steps to becoming an RO i thuink even if it was only once ina while at least it would help the guys that seem to always get stuck

You just have to attend an ro class. It's two days. We try to organize one at least once a year.

CJ owns lots of tents. What we need to find a few more helpers who want come out a bit early, take out the tents, set them up, and then at the end of the day fold them back up and put them away. Right now given the amount of help we are getting, we don't have the time and man power for it. Are you volunteering?

CJ owns lots of tents. What we need to find a few more helpers who want come out a bit early, take out the tents, set them up, and then at the end of the day fold them back up and put them away. Right now given the amount of help we are getting, we don't have the time and man power for it. Are you volunteering?

We actually did get there early and helped setup, and then tore down our stages at the end. We would of gotten tents if we knew about them.

;)

It was a great day little hot but good droup of guys to shoot with. Can one of you guys tell me the steps to becoming an RO i thuink even if it was only once ina while at least it would help the guys that seem to always get stuck

Mikey,

What squad were you on??

Next time, second from the far left container, the one with the golf carts in it, on the left side all the way in the back. There are about 10-12 folding tents, just please don't leave them for us to fold at the end of the day.

And if it is windy, ask if it is too windy. We don't have any serious tie dons for them to the best of my knowledge. From past experience, that an get real expensive for a club/match REAL fast., and it might be your car that makes it expensive.

I guess no one remembers that I was there :( I had a lot of fun shooting with you guys.

Mickey,

Just download a USPSA rule book and follow the procedures for ROing and get familiar with the rules. Ask if you can run the timer and give whoever is doing it a break. Once you start to get more knowledgable about the rules it seems to make everyone not only a better shooter but also a safer shooter.

It only sucks when you have to DQ someone, but they do it to themselves and learn something from it.

Brian

I guess no one remembers that I was there :( I had a lot of fun shooting with you guys.

Mickey,

Just download a USPSA rule book and follow the procedures for ROing and get familiar with the rules. Ask if you can run the timer and give whoever is doing it a break. Once you start to get more knowledgable about the rules it seems to make everyone not only a better shooter but also a safer shooter.

It only sucks when you have to DQ someone, but they do it to themselves and learn something from it.

Brian

Ooooh I remember. You took the brunt of RO'ing off of our shoulders.

I appreciate the hell out that. :good:

Too bad we didn't have enough RO's to run 2 guns. Would have been nice to get classified in 2 divisions in one day. It was great meeting you guys...made it much more enjoyable. The most important thing I learned was to get one of those chairs with the sun shade like Harry's.