Jfoster99

If H.R. 822 passes I plan to....

If H.R. 822 the national right to carry bill passes NJ residents with an out of state non resident ccw from say Utah would be able to carry everywhere in the country except in NJ( your home state)

If this passes I plan to purchases a little place in PA and change my state of residence. We have been talking about getting a place when the kids finish school but I would do it now instead.

my understanding would be that nj doesnt reconize/have reciprocal agreements with any other states in regards to ccw permits...but in theory if this bill passed...they would have to recognize other state residents permits..but the loophole would be not accepting non resident ones thus not allowing a nj resident with a ut/fl etc permit to cc....

my understanding would be that nj doesnt reconize/have reciprocal agreements with any other states in regards to ccw permits...but in theory if this bill passed...they would have to recognize other state residents permits..but the loophole would be not accepting non resident ones thus not allowing a nj resident with a ut/fl etc permit to cc....

Correct. So if PA was your primary residence and you have a PA CCW, you can carry in NJ.

Sure hope so. However, if Obama wins, the anti's may push for more gun laws and that would probablly kill 822

Even if Romney wins, the antis will push more gun laws.

Maybe the best defense is a good offense. 822 vs mag limits. It's a draw and status quo remains.

IF you bought a place to live in PA.. your only mistake would be coming back to NJ..

Didn't take you very long to become that which you once abhorred. Honestly, I'd say this is a new speed record. Maybe they can put hating on jersey next to water polo and synchronized swimming in the next olympics.

Friendly joke ;)

But there must be something in the water over here. I always said, after a while, the way you think about things will start to change a little.

HR 822 has zero percent chance of passing the senate. Reid won't even bring it up, so this whole thread is moot.

Reid is now crazy (imo pathologically) and also very anti-gun. He will do whatever he is told. Not saying it will pass, just saying don't count on any illusion that he has principles on these issues.

Can't they attach this to something else Obama wants really bad, like the same thing they did with the carrying in national Parks

our luck they would attach it to a gun restriction that then would allow us to maybe carry a Plastic Spork as long is wasn't Tactical Black model...