343gremlin

Hello from Jackson!

Hey all, new member here in Jackson. New to shooting etc, but really lookinf forward to getting into it. Applying for my FID nextweek after my prints are done, hopefully it wont take forever to process! Anybody have any experience with the turn around time in Jackson? Thanks much

I'm from Jackson and my sons ID card took a little over six months. My daughter and I dropped off apps for PP's and they told us they are getting on top of it and should only be 3 months. I laughed and said oh that's great, thinking to myself what a joke it should be a hell of a lot quicker than that! Oh and Welcome to the forum!!!

If you get your permits in 3 months I will be applying the next day, the shortest time I ever experienced was 5 months most was almost 7 months. I hope they got their crap together, I avoid handguns for the most part now because of it taking forever.

Welcome to the forum from Toms River. It seems like Jackson has come up with their own version of gun control? Just take forever to process the paperwork and people will give up in frustration. Great strategy!

In Jackson, I applied in late April and recieved them in mid-October. 5 months and I've had my FPID for more than 20 yrs. You want to talk to Captain Wagner, He's in charge of the firearms ID's. As of Last month, Jackson had a backlog of over 300 applications. My wife has just applied for her 1st FPID, so we will see if things improve. Good luck!