david8613

saw this looks cool and I think new jersey legal...

Glad these are finally coming to the states. I'm a sucker for this 21st century stuff.

they can't "come" to the states under the 1968 GCA and as amended/ruled.

I assume they are being made here? I really doubt there are parts kits for these things being rebuilt. They haven't been in use long.

I'm so dumb I thought those Century AK74 bullpup thingers were Tavors at the Feb (?) 2012 gunshow. I have never seen them before LOL :)

This is certainly very cool. I would consider one if they are not crap. I'm assuming it doesn't jive with any registered sears from <1987 :( This is what's going to happen in the coming decades. People are going to be creating completely new designs and there will be no full auto options for mere unlicensed civilians. Only silver lining is that they are finally making dedicated new products to use exclusively with the transferable stuff.

In my opinion all bullpups are as solution in search of a problem. They are awkward to reload, have mostly terrible triggers that you can't do anything about, have questionable ergonomics that can't be adjusted to the shooter, etc ... Are you too short to reach around that large stock? Too bad. Are you tall and feel crowded trying to hold the front of it? Too bad. Half of them only work with very specific ammo, look at the FAMAS which only works with its own specific 5.56 ammo.

I do think they have a place in the sniper rifle world, where making a long barreled rifle shorter makes a lot of sense.

I personally hate bullpups for pretty much the reasons vlad said. They have only one advantage...OAL. That is it. The sole advantage. Magazine changes are harder. You want to shoot left and right handed, (though this one seems better), you either can't, or have to change a bunch of stuff around. You are pretty locked in to a specific LOP. Though not as long, they are often bulky (look at the magazine, stock, and grip). They are awkward to shoot from a bench or prone. Overall ergonomics are not very good.

bullpups are undoubtedly cool looking but they just don't seem as practical as they are intended to be. that being said, they look freaking cool!

the only bullpups i'll ever consider:

kel tec KSG

russian OTS-14 Groza in 9x39 :D like that will ever happen LOL

I never shot a bullpup but on every gun show on tv that had experts shooting variant like the fnh ps90 absolutely loved them, if the ps90 shot a different round I think I would get one for shits and giggles...

That's the only bullpup I ever fired that I didn't like. There have been some poor triggers, of course. But the P90 stands out as something I don't like to shoot. Which sucks, because it seems cool if you don't have to shoot it.