Sign in to follow this  
aguilar64

FN SCAR 17

Does this meat the ban state requirements for a SCAR17? http://www.riflegear.com/p-943-stock-block-fn-scar.aspx

I have one coming in this week and would prefer not to epoxy the stock if possible. The muzzle device can be pin welded.

Looks good to me. As long as the stock doesn't fold, collapse, or "telescope". You will be good. You would also have to put a pin on the "adjustable" part that moves in an out.

IANAL, IMO

Does this meat the ban state requirements for a SCAR17? http://www.riflegear...ck-fn-scar.aspx

I have one coming in this week and would prefer not to epoxy the stock if possible. The muzzle device can be pin welded.

I have these in my stock so that they dont fold. getting the pin out is a real pain in the a$$. The collapsible issue still needs to be addressed. u need to pin the cam inside or pin the stock from underneath.

I have these in my stock so that they dont fold. getting the pin out is a real pain in the a$$. The collapsible issue still needs to be addressed. u need to pin the cam inside or pin the stock from underneath.

It's not collapsible, it's adjustable. Collapsible means that the stock can collapse to disappear entirely. Hence why folding stocks and HK type collapsing stocks are illegal: because they make the rifle easy to conceal. It's also why a Magpul PRS is legal.

You can adjust a SCAR stock all the way and it's still a stock.

I hear you on the argument on "adjustable" versus other definitions. It has been used successfully in court as a defense for a CAR type stock on an AR style rifle in the past if I remember correctly. Bottom line is, it would be up to the jury to determine if it fits the definition of adjustable versus telescoping, with the latter being up to 10yrs in prison.

My mental exercise that I play in my head is what would a vigorous anti-2A prosecutor say to convince a jury comprised of anti or mostly apathetic NJ jurors that the stock does indeed "telescope" versus my defense of "no it adjusts" . All the while holding up in court your rifle and saying "see it is an evil assault rifle designed for only one purpose....". To the uninformed jury, what do you think they will think?

Each person has to make their own decision here on what they want to do.

I hear you on the argument on "adjustable" versus other definitions. It has been used successfully in court as a defense for a CAR type stock on an AR style rifle in the past if I remember correctly. Bottom line is, it would be up to the jury to determine if it fits the definition of adjustable versus telescoping, with the latter being up to 10yrs in prison.

My mental exercise that I play in my head is what would a vigorous anti-2A prosecutor say to convince a jury comprised of anti or mostly apathetic NJ jurors that the stock does indeed "telescope" versus my defense of "no it adjusts" . All the while holding up in court your rifle and saying "see it is an evil assault rifle designed for only one purpose....". To the uninformed jury, what do you think they will think?

Each person has to make their own decision here on what they want to do.

Honestly, why would a DA have you in court at that point? You must've done something really bad and they're grasping for straws to ensure you go away for a long time.

Now if it's just a CAR stock on an AR-15 that has no bayo lug or flash hider, then the DA is trying to build a mountain out of a mole hill. Especially when your defense makes the case that the rifle needs to be adjustable so that your wife can shoot it comfortably. It's in such an instance that I believe a DA will not even bother prosecuting you.

TL;DR, keep a low profile, don't commit felonies, don't beat your wife/SO, and you'll be fine.

Lucianos. One left. They pin welded muzzles, used a mechanical stock block (saw it on rifle gear) and let me try and pinned the adjustment where I wanted it. I love it in .308, a lot. They had one more left on the shelf.

Lucianos. One left. They pin welded muzzles, used a mechanical stock block (saw it on rifle gear) and let me try and pinned the adjustment where I wanted it. I love it in .308, a lot. They had one more left on the shelf.

Interesting. I still need to get money for this first, haha

I have a SCAR 16 & 17! unfort, they are both waiting Elcans and have not been shot since purchased. Anyone have an extra $4500 for me to borrow? -this sh*t aint cheap....wtf!

Rob0115, shoot me a PM.

im also in Morris Cty, near Montville!

It's not collapsible, it's adjustable.  Collapsible means that the stock can collapse to disappear entirely.  Hence why folding stocks and HK type collapsing stocks are illegal: because they make the rifle easy to conceal.  It's also why a Magpul PRS is legal.

You can adjust a SCAR stock all the way and it's still a stock.

Are you talking about NJ AWB law? Because none of that has anything to do with NJ AWB law.