dajonga

Seaside Heights Hotel Recommendation

I am heading to Seaside to cover the hurricane for the Ledger. I need a room for me and a reporter.

Anyone have any first hand experience with a hotel that will not give us an infection?

Need to book this room pretty soon.

Many thanks.

Stay on 37. There is nicer hotels that wont have welfare renting rooms. Seaside isnt so nice anytime of the year. I would pack extremely light and bring ur atuff where ever you go incase you have ti leave really fast.if you need to be over the bridge... most hotels are withing 1000 feet of the board walk so ur definitely going to be in harms way

Booked a room at Belmont. A few TV crews are staying there, so misery will have company.

Toms River sounds nicer, but our fear is the bridge being shut down with us on the mainland, unable to get across to cover the mayhem.

Of course, a mandatory evac will close the motel and we will be at my house in Bayville.

Thanks for the advice.

Try the Clarion on Rt 37. Its about 15 mins from the Seaside bridge. You REALLY don't want to stay in a hotel in Seaside. Stay safe! You can also try the Howard Johnson on Hooper Ave.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the posts. Just so you guys know, even though its mandatory, they cant force you out.

Try the Clarion on Rt 37. Its about 15 mins from the Seaside bridge. You REALLY don't want to stay in a hotel in Seaside. Stay safe! You can also try the Howard Johnson on Hooper Ave.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the posts. Just so you guys know, even though its mandatory, they cant force you out.

this. we are intending to keep our store open to help out anyone who can't make it off the island but still needs supplies.

A little late to add to this, but here is the story...

Checked in to Belmont. Ick. But, right across street from police & fire, so should be safe.

2 hours later, the editors at paper choose to pull us out for safety reasons. So, we cruised around all day Sunday and Monday, covering the approaching storm for the Star-Ledger in our rented F150 4 door 4wd. AMAZING TRUCK!!! We finally got off island on Monday night at 9. Just about did not get off. Poles and wires down on highway. Called TR police chief Mastronardy, he says "What the F**k are you still doing on the Island. Get the F**K of the island now." He says to drive over downed lines on the eastbound bridge, driving wrong way off the island. Got home with my reporter and drank. Alot.

Attached is a photo of what we saw on bridge at 9pm on Monday. Poles and lines blocking road.

Also attached is a photo from today. I got to fly with Gov. in a Blackhawk from West Trenton to Teterboro.

If I may, here are some links to some of the photos I took.

http://photos.nj.com..._nj_/index.html

I took all seaside heights photos. My reporter and I were the first ones on the island on Tuesday.

It has been quite a week, the most amazing week of my career.

post-2278-0-68903000-1351993372_thumb.jpg

post-2278-0-82954500-1351993385_thumb.jpg