Kaiser7

So, should we all get ready to say goodbye to our guns?

I hate to disagree, but I must. Today's republican party is not our father's republican party. And Christie is no friend to 2A. I do think he will be the GOP nominee in 2016, and I don't like the idea much. He has been great for NJ, I'll give him that... but he has "Bloomberg-itis"... HE knows better than US, it's HIS way or the highway, so get out of his way.

this is always what bothered me about him. But then again that's what bothers me about 90% of most politicians. Now and days we elect people based on their agenda, not on their values expecting them to represent the people.

I doubt it. Going after firearms on a grand scale is a political death sentence. What I predict is that things will continue getting better in states that have been progressing with gun rights and stay about the same or get worse in states that have been restricting them. If we do lose the supreme court and by some chance heller or mcdonald is reversed, I predict that it may be left up to the states to regulate arms, in which case antigun states will become extremely restricted, and progun states will become havens.

Obama and czarist company have little concern over a political death sentence now that he has secured a second term. It's the Agenda that is the focus, the agenda of bring America to its knees and destroying the economy and America's institutions. Obama has free reign, and with the fundamental change he has in store for the American people, he needs them to be disarmed. The progressive/statists are relentless in their pursuit of Govertopia and the Obama masses will support the effort. Remember, those on the dole will do whatever is necessary to remain on the dole and those are also the ones that are being brainwashed by the mainstream media to accept more government control and less freedom. That propaganda arm of the government, the MSM, will invent scenarios to get what it wants in terms of gun control/disarmament and other things.

Make no mistake, this administration will be going after firearms and ammunition by whatever means possible, whether its by fiat, executive order, UN Treaty, etc. It being unconstitutional will not stop him in the least. Not in the last 4 years did Obama abandon, put off, etc. his vision of transforming America, and that vision does not allow for an armed, self-reliant population. Now he will be even more bold.

The elite fear the people because of the things that they have done to them. And, the hardships that the American people will face in the near and distant future that have been put on them will create riots and civil disruptions. The elite know this and need to establish more control, now. They want the American people to be conditioned. A significant number of Americans are not going to idly stand by and watch their freedoms continue to disappear and their country to fall apart. Their spirit needs to be crushed.

Just as those that wishfully thought that a "moderate" was needed to defeat Obama (RINOS in a word such as McLame, Romney and even Christie) and needed to get the independent votes, just as those that thought that the Republican elite were different than the statists, those that believe that this administration cannot go after their guns because of the political backlash are foolish.

The only thing really standing in their way is the logistical aspect and the sheer volume of firearms in this country. They won't go after them so much as they will go after ammunition, manufacturing, etc. And, they will find some to make examples of.

Therefore, my hope is that in the years leading up to 2016, Christie will look to more directly support the 2nd amendment publicly and in future cabinet appointments. I think it was clear that nobody really bought Romney's claims of being a true 2A supporter, based on his track record, so hopefully Christie would be shrewd enough to actually enact some changes in NJ that he can later point to during the GOP primary. I.E. "I was in the most anti-gun state in the country and I still found a way to make things a bit better for gun owners."

I think that this is a distinct possibility as long as it doesn't provide ammunition to opponents. That Christie "Automatic Assault Weapons" flyer is going to come back to haunt him in Iowa.

Eliminating the P2P scheme and going with FID for handgun purchases would be a good start.- it's one of those things that would be a win for everybody. The Troopers process fewer applications, which frees up more troopers to actually fight crime. The Democrats get to say that they are helping cut red tape. Of course I would prefer straight NICS for everything, but baby steps here. We have to admit what we will and won't see with the current legislature.

I think that this is a distinct possibility as long as it doesn't provide ammunition to opponents. That Christie "Automatic Assault Weapons" flyer is going to come back to haunt him in Iowa.

Eliminating the P2P scheme and going with FID for handgun purchases would be a good start.- it's one of those things that would be a win for everybody. The Troopers process fewer applications, which frees up more troopers to actually fight crime. The Democrats get to say that they are helping cut red tape. Of course I would prefer straight NICS for everything, but baby steps here. We have to admit what we will and won't see with the current legislature.

If Christie secures the nomination as a RINO, it time and time again, shows that either the Repuplican leadership is stupid, and I don't believe that, or that they are just playing us and secretly in cahoots with the so-called Democrats and the one-world government. A RINO offers nothing in his or her ability to defeat a Statist democrat. McCain was setup to fall. The elite just didn't prepare for the Tea Party movement and Sara Palin. Romney was also slated to fall... Both the Dems and REpublicans chose Obama to run against Obama. McCain was also vetted by both parties. And, if by some unlucky coincidence, the elite would have still been OK because he is an insider just as the Bushes are, etc.

Why hasn't Bush come forward on the scandals in the Obama White House? Why didn't Romney bring up the death of 4 Americans while Obama sat at a crap table? Why was each conservative candidate running against Obama brought down by both the Democrat and Republican elite? Because we are being played.

Palin was chosen to be McCain's running mate because she could easily be thrown under the bus and the Washington elite didn't consider that she would have such star power in the party. Once that happened then the relentless attacks on her from every angle.

The question is why are our leaders doing this. Do they know something that we don't? Are they responding to global pressure to bring down our country? Most likely we are already over the cliff and they are letting the American people down as "gently" as they can to our new 3rd world status.

There will be no treaty with other countries banning guns. In order for a treaty to become binding, it must be ratified by two-thirds of the sentate!!!! Not only do the Dems (of which I am one) not have a two-thirds majority in the senate, there are many democratic senators from historically pro-gun states who would shoot this down (pun intended). Please, can we stop with the treaty talk?

Second, the new congress coming in in 2013 has approximately 50 more republicans than democrats in the House of Representatives. How is any anti-gun legislation going to get through the House? It's not. The senate breakdown is 53 dems, 2 independents and 45 republicans. Getting gun legislation through the Senate is no guarantee with that makeup, either. Only 6 combined Dems and independents would have to break ranks with their party to stop it from going through. It's a lose-lose for Obama...his law doesn't go through and he fails to build any type of goodwill with republicans he may need in the future.

Obama and this country have way more important things to be worrying about over the next four years to screw around with guns.

Have there been any efforts over the years to get rid of the P2P and or FID and just go with straight NICS? The only information I have are just the laws that were passed, but I don't have any information that was proposed but not passed. I would have assumed once 1968 GCA was passed, somebody would have made a proposal or two over the years to gut the FID/P2P system and just go with NICS.

There will be no treaty with other countries banning guns. In order for a treaty to become binding, it must be ratified by two-thirds of the sentate!!!! Not only do the Dems (of which I am one) not have a two-thirds majority in the senate, there are many democratic senators from historically pro-gun states who would shoot this down (pun intended). Please, can we stop with the treaty talk?

Second, the new congress coming in in 2013 has approximately 50 more republicans than democrats in the House of Representatives. How is any anti-gun legislation going to get through the House? It's not. The senate breakdown is 53 dems, 2 independents and 45 republicans. Getting gun legislation through the Senate is no guarantee with that makeup, either. Only 6 combined Dems and independents would have to break ranks with their party to stop it from going through. It's a lose-lose for Obama...his law doesn't go through and he fails to build any type of goodwill with republicans he may need in the future.

Obama and this country have way more important things to be worrying about over the next four years to screw around with guns.

First off, the Republicans and Democrats are working together, appearing to be at odds. It's the good cop/bad cop scenario. It's not a lose/lose for Obama unless you really think he is trying to have a legacy and that he really does want to help America. He is hell-bent on destroying this nation and making it into something alien. He has already proven that he is making the other two legs of our government insignificant in deeds, the Czars, etc.. The gridlock has been brought forth purposefully to condition the American people in believing that this democratic republican cannot function and that only a strong leader can get things done. That is largely the allure of a dictator in that one strong leader is needed to get things done. Since day one of Obama's reign, he hasn't once focused on improving the economy, and in fact anything that seems logical to do so, he has pretty much done the opposite, which has either been completely ignored by the media or hidden in his golden tongue of lies. This is NOT being done incompetently; This is being done purposefully. You are severely underestimating these people and their agenda and their financial capabilities as foes of the United States and the US of A has no chance of survival with that miscalculation.

Look at the betrayal of Chief Justice Roberts and the continued "failures" of Boehner. Is Christie any less arrogant than King Michael Bloomberg?

Have there been any efforts over the years to get rid of the P2P and or FID and just go with straight NICS? The only information I have are just the laws that were passed, but I don't have any information that was proposed but not passed. I would have assumed once 1968 GCA was passed, somebody would have made a proposal or two over the years to gut the FID/P2P system and just go with NICS.

Several months back, I recal an ANJRPC newsletter mentioning a bill in the works that would remove the P2P system and talked as if the bill really had legs, based on buy in from police departments that felt not having to process the permits would let officers get back to "real policy work". I don't recall what the timetable for the bill would have been, so I'm not sure if it's still in the works or if it has since died a quiet death.

Assemblyman Carroll proposes one just about every session in the same way that Van Drew proposes carry every session and it never goes anywhere.

If Senator Sweeny proposed it, then things would be a different story. Sweeny is backed by Norcross and people listen to Norcross.

Legislation like this has to come from a Democrat like Sweeny so it can be passed virtually unnoticed like the law for allowing real guns to be displayed at non-profit auctions. Anybody else who introduces a bill to remove P2P will get pilloried in the Star Ledger.

Let me put a scary thought into your mind: Governor Booker. Christie can beat Sweeny, I doubt he can beat Booker. But if all of the gun owners of NJ support Sweeny in the primary if Sweeny decides to run for Governor, we can have a win/win ticket. With Sweeny or Christie we get a Pro 2A (or at least hands off 2A) governor.

If Sweeny were smart, and he wants to become governor, he would start introducing some "little" pro 2A stuff. Simple things like getting rid of P2P, legislating that FID cards actually fit in a wallet credit card slot, removing "reasonable deviation" for handguns.

Booker won't run next year. He knows the chances are too too high that he will lose to Christie. Christie is locked up for reelection. He will run for president in 2016 and if republicans want to have a president they will nominate him.

Booker will run for nj governor in 2017 against guadagno and pummel her.

After 8 years of Obama, booker isn't going to risk a national office run in 2016 without state level executive experience... Unless Lautenberg kicks the bucket and then it will be senator booker.

First off, the Republicans and Democrats are working together, appearing to be at odds. It's the good cop/bad cop scenario. It's not a lose/lose for Obama unless you really think he is trying to have a legacy and that he really does want to help America. He is hell-bent on destroying this nation and making it into something alien. He has already proven that he is making the other two legs of our government insignificant in deeds, the Czars, etc.. The gridlock has been brought forth purposefully to condition the American people in believing that this democratic republican cannot function and that only a strong leader can get things done. That is largely the allure of a dictator in that one strong leader is needed to get things done. Since day one of Obama's reign, he hasn't once focused on improving the economy, and in fact anything that seems logical to do so, he has pretty much done the opposite, which has either been completely ignored by the media or hidden in his golden tongue of lies. This is NOT being done incompetently; This is being done purposefully. You are severely underestimating these people and their agenda and their financial capabilities as foes of the United States and the US of A has no chance of survival with that miscalculation.

Look at the betrayal of Chief Justice Roberts and the continued "failures" of Boehner. Is Christie any less arrogant than King Michael Bloomberg?

Absolutely spot-on.

The republicans are eating their own. I came up with a theory tonight... 2010 election cycle, the Tea Party (which is nothing more than THE PEOPLE) were so successful in electing who THEY wanted, and create gridlock (which is what they were elected to do- slam on the brakes), both parties decided it was going to have to be THEM (both parties united) against US (the people). It's becoming clear they have no intention of letting us govern ourselves, not really. Unless there is a grass roots effort that would make the Tea Party movement seem insignificant, I think we can kiss "of the people, by the people, for the people" goodbye. It'll be time to vote by exercising 2A. I'm sure even some gun-lovers here will think I'm nuts, but I think we may be seeing this actually come to fruition in our lifetime. I know grandfathers and fathers have been saying it for years, but we may be the generation that actually sees it. After all, we're already the longest-lasting democracy on the planet; we're over-ripe and starting to rot.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

-Thomas Jefferson

I've been saying it for years... God forbid. But it may well be in our lifetime.

Well, yes, of course the rs and ds are the same. They both favor bigger govt, and are comimitted to making tjat happen. And kerping ahigh standard of living for the gvt and academic, military and financial elite. Not a dimes worth of difference between obama and romney. Or christie and booker.

New Jersey's blue and red districts are telling.

http://elections.huf...ults/new-jersey

My county (Bergen) was once known as a bastion for Republicans. In 2012, of the 70 towns in Bergen County, only eight favored Romney by more than 60%. They were Allendale, Franklin Lakes, Ho-Ho-Kus, Old Tappan, Rockleigh, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River and Wyckoff. (Saddle River cast 70% of their votes for Romney.) There are now more than 911,000 people in Bergen County, the most populous in the state, and most of it is BLUE. If it weren't for some incumbents, the Republicans would be long gone.

There has been a flood of low income housing and nursing homes in are area over the past 15 years, were not talking small number here. Bergen county blew up, this used to be a very spacious and quite area. Its a cluster fk now! people just packed into a Friggen sardine can. Most of these places are hard to even call suburban anymore. it is what it is, there going to develop until they can't anymore, and then move to somewhere else.

I doubt it.... Besides I just picked up a new Mossberg 590 with a M9 bayonet, surefire tac

light forearm and shell shot holder! Add that to my Glock 19 with tac light and my Thureon defense 9mm carbine. They aren't going anywhere!

There has been a flood of low income housing and nursing homes in are area over the past 15 years, were not talking small number here. Bergen county blew up, this used to be a very spacious and quite area. Its a cluster fk now! people just packed into a Friggen sardine can. Most of these places are hard to even call suburban anymore. it is what it is, there going to develop until they can't anymore, and then move to somewhere else.

That was so evident when Hurricane Sandy reigned in. Some areas here were in true gridlock with traffic. When I grew up here, there were farms in my area. I lived across the street from a gladiola farm as a kid. Our town had one traffic light. There's only a few farms left now. The rest have all disappeared, replaced by town houses, low-income housing, assisted-living, or McMansions. .

I doubt it. Going after firearms on a grand scale is a political death sentence. What I predict is that things will continue getting better in states that have been progressing with gun rights and stay about the same or get worse in states that have been restricting them. If we do lose the supreme court and by some chance heller or mcdonald is reversed, I predict that it may be left up to the states to regulate arms, in which case antigun states will become extremely restricted, and progun states will become havens.

Try again, the UN small arms treaty will be signed and eventually be used to disarm everyone.

Harry Reid will never bring it up for a vote. Absent that, the treaty is considered binding after the president signs it until the Senate either votes it up or down. Dick Morris has talked about this. It's coming folks and it's not just guns. The Globalist want the UN to control everything.