reloaderguy

Arizona gun dealer tells Obama voters, 'Turn around and leave!'

I don't get it. He's mad at the customers who voted for the guy who wants a gun ban instead of the guy who already passed one? :lol:

In reality, he's likely got a small shop in a small town, and the same regulars frequent the store anyway. I doubt the sign will have any effect either way, except to help vent his frustrations about the election results.

Agree or don't agree with the store owner, doesn't matter, it's his business and being in America he has that right if he like.

Now look at it this way, while he may have turned away a few customers, I'd bet in the big picture the publicity (Free may I add) probably has a lot of like minded folks support him and I'd bet a few of them might have even visited his business and probably has seen an up-tick in business.

I don't get it. He's mad at the customers who voted for the guy who wants a gun ban instead of the guy who already passed one? :lol:

In reality, he's likely got a small shop in a small town, and the same regulars frequent the store anyway. I doubt the sign will have any effect either way, except to help vent his frustrations about the election results.

I asked before, and i wasnt really looking for an answer... but why does it have to be about his(Obama's) position on guns laws? I mean you can try and correlate that he owns a gun shop, but that doesn't mean that's the main reason.... maybe it's because he owns a business an Obama is a "spread the wealth' kinda guy...

If you voted for Obama--you should be LOBOTOMIZED.

If you thought voting for Romney would have us in a different place in four years than a vote for Obama -- you should be lobotomized. These guys don't control sh*t, they are puppets.

This black and white mentality is ridiculous and it's killing our country. As for one's view on gun control being a litmus test... perhaps it is a good test but it's sad. The fact that people are either right vs left instead of "common sense" vs "ignorance" is sending our country into the toilet.

If you thought voting for Romney would have us in a different place in four years than a vote for Obama -- you should be lobotomized. These guys don't control sh*t, they are puppets.

This black and white mentality is ridiculous and it's killing our country. As for one's view on gun control being a litmus test... perhaps it is a good test but it's sad. The fact that people are either right vs left instead of "common sense" vs "ignorance" is sending our country into the toilet.

This is very true. I will put it out there that one VERY important part of this particular web forum is how much the blue and the red merge. If one were to not consider the left or right's economic or other gigantic BS talking spin points you have to realize that pro 2A people could really have it great if "both" candidates equally were pro 2A or at least hands off. Honestly, we have to be a little happy that 2A issues never came up once in the debates. Sure people threw out what they _thought_ each candidates intent was, but neither one wanted to come right out and say they were for more controls. In many ways that is a victory.

In other words, the further 2A is from other polarizing slow burn issues, i.e., abortion, and commonly accepted the better off we are.

This is very true. I will put it out there that one VERY important part of this particular web forum is how much the blue and the red merge. If one were to not consider the left or right's economic or other gigantic BS talking spin points you have to realize that pro 2A people could really have it great if "both" candidates equally were pro 2A or at least hands off. Honestly, we have to be a little happy that 2A issues never came up once in the debates. Sure people threw out what they _thought_ each candidates intent was, but neither one wanted to come right out and say they were for more controls. In many ways that is a victory.

In other words, the further 2A is from other polarizing slow burn issues, i.e., abortion, and commonly accepted the better off we are.

It didn't? News to me.

http://www.cbsnews.c...h/?id=50133288n

Though I agree, the Democrats and the Republicans really are the same on most issues. There needs to be a viable third party...

Obama never needs to say one more word about gun control. All he needs to do is appoint a few Supreme Court justices like his last two. Watch your fundamental right turn into a tightly regulated privilege. You are out of your mind if you think there would have been no difference in your life between the candidates. We just need to wish for continued good health for Kennedy, Scalia, etc.

Obama never needs to say one more word about gun control. All he needs to do is appoint a few Supreme Court justices like his last two. Watch your fundamental right turn into a tightly regulated privilege. You are out of your mind if you think there would have been no difference in your life between the candidates. We just need to wish for continued good health for Kennedy, Scalia, etc.

First of all, we have no idea who Romney would nominate for the courts. That douchebag spent his whole political career flip flopping. There is no guarantee he would nominate a hard line conservative or one who even gave a damn about 2a. You're taking him at his word when it's a proven fact the guy has lied and flip flopped time after time? Funny thing about some of those elite, well connected folks who can afford security details... they don't necessarily care about the average citizen's right of self protection. You're looking towards the SC for salvation??? Sheeeeet man, where were they when the Patriot Act was passed? Where were they on NDAA? Why is the NSA illegally wiretapping US Citizens? For Christ's sake the NSA is building what will be one of the most powerful datacenters in the world. 10 years from now you won't be able to take a dump without the government knowing about it and the Justices aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

Second, and more importantly, my point was that the differences we see today between the parties and candidates matter little in the grand scheme. This country is headed in a certain direction and nothing is going to change that, not a republican, not a democrat. Bush signed the Patriot Act, Obama extended it and signed NDAA. Any candidate who was opposed to those things or doesn't go along with the program gets cast from the spotlight. Do you honestly think the President is running this country? Sh*t, the Chairman of the Fed has more control over the economy than the president ever will and the Fed is a privately owned entity. There are definitely people running this country and running it in a certain direction - regardless of who sits in the oval office or on the bench of the supreme court.

I don't disagree with your larger point on Democrats and Republicans both pushing towards more authoritarian powers for our government, so in that case a vote for either major party is a vote for less freedom.

My smaller scale point was, we know 100% that Barry will appoint anti-gun justices if given a chance. Romney was an awful candidate, but he made promises. Those promises can be broken, but at political cost. If Romney had won and went back on his word, do you think Republican Senators would go along with an anti-gun justice? Unless the nominee was an outright liberal, Democrats wouldn't vote for him/her anyway. In this case I was betting on the devil I don't know, but you are right about him still being a devil.

+100 truth!

Thanks for posting that greatgunstatenj and saving me the trouble :picknose:

I don't agree.

If and when any anti-firearm bill comes along , it will take liberal, conservative and independant gun owners to defeat it. Differences aside, we are still Americans and we ALL have a right to own and bear arms.

Cry me a river, Mary Alice.