pitt1717

Hello from Union County

Just signed up as i have been a lurker. For the past 3 or so years i have contemplating owning a hand gun. The put off is mostly due to my children and always hearing the horror stories about the accidents that happened. Fast forward to today and who we (use that term loosely) put in office. For the first time i am truly worried about our country and our constitution.

So because of this its time to "bite the bullet" (sorry for the pun) and get the process started. I am actually looking forward to being a responsible gun owner and maybe it gets me into a new hobby (shooting/hunting) which in a couple of years i can enjoy with my son.

with that i would like to say hello and hopefully when i have questions i can be guided by what seems to be a great forum!

pitt1717

looking at a S&W M&P45 to start off with

Welcome to the forum and glad you deciding to get into this.

Best would be to take at least a 1st steps pistol class (Gun for Hire) a supporting vendor here is where I would go and in your area.

Second, get a way to secure the firearm, Safe, Lock Box, or some other way so only authorized people in the house have access to it.

Third, teach your children how to properly handle firearms and respect them. Firearms are not something to be afraid of at all, and also make sure you do this, the less inquisitive about guns in general children are the better.

My daughter has been around guns, shoots them, is not afraid of them and likes them. I know she is only 13 and I cannot just leave them unsecured, but I know if it wasn't against the law, I could and she would not touch them if myself or my wife weren't around but if someone came in and tried to hurt her she would be able to be able to defend herself in a proficient manner.

Also, our children are the next generation in our fight for our RIGHT...

Welcome to the forum and glad you deciding to get into this.

Best would be to take at least a 1st steps pistol class (Gun for Hire) a supporting vendor here is where I would go and in your area.

Second, get a way to secure the firearm, Safe, Lock Box, or some other way so only authorized people in the house have access to it.

Third, teach your children how to properly handle firearms and respect them. Firearms are not something to be afraid of at all, and also make sure you do this, the less inquisitive about guns in general children are the better.

My daughter has been around guns, shoots them, is not afraid of them and likes them. I know she is only 13 and I cannot just leave them unsecured, but I know if it wasn't against the law, I could and she would not touch them if myself or my wife weren't around but if someone came in and tried to hurt her she would be able to be able to defend herself in a proficient manner.

Also, our children are the next generation in our fight for our RIGHT...

thanks for the nice welcome! excellent advice and already looking into a few small safes for now!!!