fmtek

Beretta M9A1 Compact, Inox...D spring question

Hey everyone. I recently acquired a Beretta M9A1 Compact Inox from Luciano's.

It's basically a 92 compact with a rail.

I wanted to put a light D spring in, but am not sure if the full size pistols spring will fit a compact.

Any suggestions?

Also, I was watching a YouTube video, is it basically taking out the lanyard loop assembly and changing that spring that is in the grip? Is that all that is needed? If so, I can do that, seems easy enough

Thanks,

-Frank

The spring change is super easy. It's exactly as you described. Ten minutes tops.

As for if it fits I have no idea. It's a shorter grip I assume and that may have an impact

on how it would function with a full size spring. Unless of course they are the same.

Maybe look on Beretta's website as it may list which guns it is compatible for?

o0o0o thats nice. I think I might get one when I get my carry permit

I've always liked the compacts. This one is a double stack 13rd magazine.

My father has a 92 Compact L Type M, which is a slimmer grip. Single stack 8rd magazine. Its also Inox. I keep trying to get it from him and offer him a bunch of other pistols, but he won't give it to me. Lol.

I went onto Wolff Springs webpage and saw that their hammer springs are for 92fs full and compact. So I'm guessing it will fit. I ordered a 16lbs spring, original is 20lbs.

I'll let everyone know how the install goes when I get the spring.

Just something to watch out for.

I did the D spring change on my full size. The videos I watched had the lanyard loop retaining pin coming out by pressing the lanyard loop in and then just sliding the pin out.

Not on mine, It was just a roll pin that I pushed out with a punch.

any D spring will fit any compact, type L or M

Thank you. I ordered the Wolff spring, can't wait for that to get here.

You wouldn't happen to be a Beretta gun smith ? I have a problem with my 96. The DA trigger sometimes just goes back and doesn't release the hammer. I'm not sure what could be wrong.

I just installed the 16lb wolff spring on the M9A1 compact... wow,, easy easy, took me all of 2 minutes.. the ping just needed a nudge to get out, no hammer needed, just the punch tool...

the hardest part was putting the lanyard loop back and getting the pin pushed in.. and WOW!, what a difference in trigger pull... i like it a lot ... now it's cleaned and oiled, and i need to take it the range this week! :)

Looks great fmtek. I want to put a d spring and the skeleton hammer on my 92A1 one of these days. Make sure you let us know how you like it when you get a chance to shoot it. If I stop by Luciano's I need to check them out if they still have them in stock. How does the size compare to your 92's? I love my 92A1 but I've always felt the grip was too big to be comfortable for me.

I'm going to try to go to bullet hole one morning this week to shoot it. If you can meet me, you are more than welcome to try it. I will PM you when I can go.

As for the grip, same thickness, double stack mag. Just shorter by the pinky.

I'm going to try to go to bullet hole one morning this week to shoot it. If you can meet me, you are more than welcome to try it. I will PM you when I can go.

As for the grip, same thickness, double stack mag. Just shorter by the pinky.

Thank you for the generous offer. Send me a PM and let me know when you're going to Bullet Hole. I literally live less than 5 minutes away from there.