High Exposure

Helicopter rescues RC Plane

I mean true, def. risky. but the guy said he owned the Heli training place, i would guess he has tons of experience.

Doesn't really mean a thing. My first job was flying those same helicopters as an instructor. The owner of the school was a retired AA captain and had more than one accident in the helicopter.

As "cool" as many think what he did was, it was very stupid. He put the helicopter in a very hazardous position. If he lost the engine at that altitude in a hover or lost the tail rotor he would've been f*cked! Could've very easily killed himself and or his student who was paying for a lesson in how to fly helicopters, not do stupid sh*t and possibly get killed.

Way kool... When we were kids, my friend and I were launching Estes Rockets. In the case, I Saturn 5 with payload. My friend put his gerbil in it. The wind changed paths during the descend and left it hanging atop a very high tree, (100+ footer if I recall)... The FD came with their brand new Snorkel and made a training mission out of it and got it down. If anything, to save the gerbil. We too had a smile from ear to ear.

Yep, everything can't be misconstrued as being bad. We've all done stupid sheit in our lives... Somethings just work better than others in the end and thankfully it was a great ending.

timestamp='[/color]1355406632' post='568032']

I'll +1 the recklessness... but I'm going to +10 for making a kid happy