jvheitz

Cheaper Than Dirt suspending online firearms sales immediately

Message posted on their FB page:

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

On their website, when you go to the gun sales section it says:

Cheaper Than Dirt! doesnt sell guns

This is not a good development.

Cheaper Than Dirt can fold for all I care. They were one of the WORST gougers when Obama was first elected and there was a shortage of reloading components. I said as much on their Facebook page. Judging by the overwhelming negative to positive ratio of the comments, they must realize they stepped in it.

Dicks is doing something similar:

Statement from DICK’S Sporting Goods

We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy.

Its not known how long they will suspend the sale of "modern sporting rifles"

Holy Cow!!!! If they go out of business where will I go to pay $14.92 in shipping to have a $3.00 item sent????? Bunch of cocksuckers.

Exactly. fugg them. Take my business somewhere else.

Also , they jacked the prices of PMAG 30rds to $50.

Not that it matters to nj, but it's the principle.

(I didn't write fugg, looks like the site fixed it. I wrote F U C K THEM! )

Dicks is doing something similar:

Statement from DICK’S Sporting Goods

We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy.

Its not known how long they will suspend the sale of "modern sporting rifles"

I've been to several Dick's locations out of NJ, and I've never seen them sell MSRs... ever.