this_is_nascar

Anyone Crazy Enough to Go to Cabela's This Weekend?

I'm not interested in going, however I'm betting at least one of you nut-jobs are considering it :).

Let's see, given the following:

- Last weekend before Christmas.

- Probably a low inventory by now.

- Gun sales well up over 20% in the last several days.

All of that coupled with the normal craziness of going to Cabela's on a Saturday is not a recipe for a good time as far as I'm concerned.

I m at Cabelas now.

7.99 for a box of PMC x tac 55gr........limit 10 ammo boxs per customer....

I asked , its per type of ammo, so if you want 9 mm or whatever its 10 of those per customer

Shotgun ammo round 60$ for a case of target loads.

Most ammo on shelves ........gone......maybe they ll restock tonight

Many guns from the shelf gone, but th do have a large warehouse.........i saw about 15 people filling in documents.

The walmart across Cabelas is better price on ammo anyway......

They have Tula 223 for 4.97$......also a box of 45acp prvi partiza is 20$

My brother lives out by Pittsburgh, PA. He went to the Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and the ammo was there, but almost all semi-auto firearms were gone. He got the last two mags over ten rounds aside from some Glock 22 mags. Everything else was gone.

I was thinking about hitting up various places in PA this weekend, but I'm almost entirely positive that my trip is going to be pointless, as everyone else has had a week-long headstart. If every webstore on the internet is a good indication of what's selling-out, then I'm pretty sure I'll be wasting my time and gas.

That said, maybe I'll be wrong.

Not a snowball's chance I'm going now.

Heck... last year made a guy's day of going to Cabela's after the New Year with my dad and my godfather and his grandson... and that was horrendous as far as crowds and lines and such... I can only imagine that it would be 10x worse this week/coming week.

Shop rite had a sale on gift cards a few weeks ago $20 off a $100 purchase.So I bought myself some Cabelas cards. I wear all cabelas gear and buy other stuff from the bargin cave all the time. It was a no brainer. Now I wait for the online after Christmas sales !

Wow, looks like the closest Cabela's is in Hamburg, PA. About 2 hours drive from me.

That s the one we re talking about all the time. I dont think anyone from here goes to another one on regular basis.

Make a trip , its nice , its a destination. Mid week is best , weekends are very crazy there.