Really surprised at how the marketplace is blowing up, somehow with the way everything is going I cant see the momentum of this keeping up with the more pressing fiscal cliff issue coming up. It may come back up within the 1st quarter of 2013, but not with the steam it had immediately following CT.

I'm new to gun ownership, Does this frenzy happen often? I mean after some shooting incident?

Most notably the BUYING frenzy occurs during elections and when potential gun control legislation seems imminent. Why people are selling im not sure, but good for them. Perhaps they are all living above the hype.

Most notably the BUYING frenzy occurs during elections and when potential gun control legislation seems imminent. Why people are selling im not sure, but good for them. Perhaps they are all living above the hype.

Nice time to sell, get better price for it and buy an upgrade when things settle down, or at least thats what I was considering. Of course it is a gamble as to how things will be when it finally settles (for or against us). I gave a fleeting thought about selling my AR but I don't want to risk it....."bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush" type thing. Though, to see what people are bidding on these guns now is a sight to be seen. Check out Bud's gun shop......it's nuts.

I'm on the fence about selling my stuff. I have an Arsenal SGL31, beautiful, that I am thinking of selling. But the question is...what if the ban is true. I'll never ever get one again. Thats the chance the seller will have to take, unless they have more than one.

I just snagged 15 boxes of pmc at dick's in union. surprised they still had .223 ammo left, they still had a few boxes of .223 and 5.56 left too.

I thought we were all on board with boycotting Dick's?

I sold an AR and it had nothing to do with the ban. I was considering selling the AR weeks before and hadn't put it up.

The fact the frenzy started just kinda made it easier to sell.

I don't see the need to have 4-5 AR's. Even if the AWB goes in affect, I need extra parts. Just my outlook.

I was upset about the sellers too, but after being bashed and told "supply and demand, or you are just made cause you can't afford it and are late" crap, I figured that i should sell off the extra stuff i have. If it sells, that is great, if not oh well.

The reason why people griped about your price gouging is its a scummy thing to try to make a $300 off of a local forum member by taking advantage of hysteria. Most people on here sell things at great prices because it is a nice thing to do for your local neighbors/friends/forum members/sufferers in the PRNJ. You're no different than the gas stations that illegally charged $5 a gallon during Sandy.

If you want to go wait in line for a PS4 and sell it on eBay, fine. But don't offer to sell it to the single mother next door for $800.

The reason why people griped about your price gouging is its a scummy thing to try to make a $300 off of a local forum member by taking advantage of hysteria. Most people on here sell things at great prices because it is a nice thing to do for your local neighbors/friends/forum members/sufferers in the PRNJ. You're no different than the gas stations that illegally charged $5 a gallon during Sandy.

If you want to go wait in line for a PS4 and sell it on eBay, fine. But don't offer to sell it to the single mother next door for $800.

yes it is...but since you don't know me, you would not know that i posted that tongue in cheek after I had posted a thread on AR15.com about hating gougers. The fact is that I would not expect anyone to pay that save some of our "new members" that are looking to scoop up a $ making opportunity.

Oh,, that single mother next door is probably on welfare....so $ has no bearing on what she will pay because she won't earn it anyway, it's you and I that pay it

I do like that you called me scummy...its nice. Oh, Merry Xmas and have a nice holiday

what about the members here that buy cmp garands and ammo and mark them up$$$$, are they scummy too?