thegerb50

Broken Receiver

So i broke the receiver on my Ruger 10/22 (I don't want to talk about it). The aluminum frame is cracked. What are my options other then a big paperweight? I know not to shoot it and am already going to pick up a new one as I need it for this weekend. How do I dispose of the old receiver? Any other suggestions?

A lot more mundane. I wish it was something fancy like a barrel swap. Def didn't toss it to clear a jam. Stripped it down, pulled the bolt to clean it, went to put it back in, went in crooked and got jammed under the rail it slides on and during the process of clearing it, receiver cracked.

A lot more mundane. I wish it was something fancy like a barrel swap. Def didn't toss it to clear a jam. Stripped it down, pulled the bolt to clean it, went to put it back in, went in crooked and got jammed under the rail it slides on and during the process of clearing it, receiver cracked.

Is that code for "when it didn't fit in, I pushed it harder, when it wouldn't come back out, I got the really big hammer"?

For 99+% of gun issues, team push it harder does not have the answers.

Nope. Wouldn't fit. Wouldn't got back. Tried holding it upside down and shaking it. I know the receiver is aluminum so I skipped the hammer and used the back of a screwdriver to tap the bolt not even really that hard. Guess I just have shit luck and a bad day. Or a really hard/heavy screwdriver.

Nope. Wouldn't fit. Wouldn't got back. Tried holding it upside down and shaking it. I know the receiver is aluminum so I skipped the hammer and used the back of a screwdriver to tap the bolt not even really that hard. Guess I just have shit luck and a bad day. Or a really hard/heavy screwdriver.

I'd give it a shot of calling Ruger. I wouldn't tell them about hitting it with the screw driver. They may have had some bad castings at sometime.

Update: Ruger is sending me a replacement 10/22. BTW where is this "throwing gun to clear jam thread" im curious, lol

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39120-winchester-white-box-walmart-easton-pa-purchases-lengthy/

The OP deleted the original comment.. but post #23 is the cached version.