JrzyGuy30

Gawker posts a full list of all ***hole NYC gun owners

That's correct, it is specified in the NJAC, which does not carry the weight of law. The NJAC can be changed with the stroke of a pen, at the whim of the AG - does not require a legislative vote. What if someone files an OPRA request for the info - is denied and decides to push the issue - there is no legal leg to stand on - that's my point.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Again, this will fall under "what's in the best interest of public safety". Even NJ isn't that dumb.

I for one am not worried about it.

Again, this will fall under "what's in the best interest of public safety". Even NJ isn't that dumb.

I for one am not worried about it.

That makes one of us. What makes you think that NJ is so special. This is not the first time a list like this has been published - reference the Roanoke Times in 2007. Virginia is a heck of a lot "gun friendlier" than NJ will ever be. The AG in this state is no friend to the gun community, nor is our governor. You are the one that is fooling themselves if you put your trust in the word of a politician - a word that can be changed at will. Nappen is OK, but he certainly isn't infallible. I watched Nappen and several other attorneys testify at an OGAM public hearing, which helped me form an opinion on who I'd call if I got ensnared in a firearms issue, and it wouldn't be Nappen.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's AWSOME!! I just sent out an email to family and friends with a link to the page and the page I appear on

"It's official, I'm an asshole. Good thing they didn't publish the addresses because two sweet young twenty somethings now live where I once did. They would have had no idea their address was just blasted out to the country as being asshole gun owners.

Let's all thank the NYPD for NOT providing addresses because some idiot might publish it with two year old information.

Ok let be proactive, like I said before we don't have to post the list of names of gun owners in NJ, and any address that doesn't have a gun, we can post that information.

Hey it's only fair, and think the lists that have been put out already in NY, the gun owners should have that list of non firearms owners published in the same manner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes one of us. What makes you think that NJ is so special. This is not the first time a list like this has been published - reference the Roanoke Times in 2007. Virginia is a heck of a lot "gun friendlier" than NJ will ever be. The AG in this state is no friend to the gun community, nor is our governor. You are the one that is fooling themselves if you put your trust in the word of a politician - a word that can be changed at will. Nappen is OK, but he certainly isn't infallible. I watched Nappen and several other attorneys testify at an OGAM public hearing, which helped me form an opinion on who I'd call if I got ensnared in a firearms issue, and it wouldn't be Nappen.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Honestly, I think Christie would step in and deny the information. I don't believe Christie is as anti as everyone thinks. I think he is more of victim of circumstance (being NJ).

Our AG on the other hand......lets just say, if you have a law degree and insist publicly the 2nd admendment is a "Privilege", you should have your degree revoked.

That's AWSOME!! I just sent out an email to family and friends with a link to the page and the page I appear on

"It's official, I'm an asshole. Good thing they didn't publish the addresses because two sweet young twenty somethings now live where I once did. They would have had no idea their address was just blasted out to the country as being asshole gun owners.

Let's all thank the NYPD for NOT providing addresses because some idiot might publish it with two year old information.

There's a link in the "article" that points to another site that published the names and addresses a couple years ago... zip file with a couple handy csv documents.

Is it just me or does that list seem rather short for the whole of Manhattan? Not to mention the one person I know who legally own firearms in Manhattan is absent from that list....much to his relief I might add. is it complete or just for ccw's perhaps?

Never forget...

295pi11.jpg

Point taken, and well understood.

It was a different time then, and everyone was on the bandwagon. Now with 10yrs of data suggesting that the Clinton era AWB did absolutely nothing in terms of preventing crimes and the CCW thing coming full circle, we stand a much better chance.

Is it just me or does that list seem rather short for the whole of Manhattan? Not to mention the one person I know who legally own firearms in Manhattan is absent from that list....much to his relief I might add. is it complete or just for ccw's perhaps?

It's not accurate. Unless it's just NYC ccw holders.

Brings me to another thought. How would you publish an interactive map of over 1 million NJ gun owners? 1 Million little dots?

Given the hoops people in NYC have to jump thru just to have a handgun in their home, I'm not that surprised the list is that long. The one licensed person I know in NYC is unfortunately on the list.

ETA: The list is for various CCW permits and for premises permits.

Honestly, I think Christie would step in and deny the information. I don't believe Christie is as anti as everyone thinks. I think he is more of victim of circumstance (being NJ).

Our AG on the other hand......lets just say, if you have a law degree and insist publicly the 2nd admendment is a "Privilege", you should have your degree revoked.

All:

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the possible sources of data the various levels of government may have on guns and owners

When a PTP is involved the state, municipality, FFL and buyer all get copies?

When a COE is involved the FFL/private party seller and the buyer get copies?

The COE may also be voluntarily submitted to the state by the FFL/private party seller or the buyer? (and is this ever done in practice?)

When ATF form 4473 is involved the FFL has the only copy? The state NICS and the federal NICS receive the form so they MAY keep copies?

Thanks in advance

Oh snap I just got it! LOL! Yep, name and address of some of the sweetest most peaceful quiet twenty year olds I have ever met. Well, okay, wrong name but still

LOL I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh but LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!!

:rofl:

I gotat go tell all my "anti" facebook friends that one of their anti friends just got outed!

All:

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the possible sources of data the various levels of government may have on guns and owners

Correct

When an FFL is involved in the transaction, they become the seller - only seller & buyer get copies.

The COE may also be voluntarily submitted to the state by the FFL/private party seller or the buyer? (and is this ever done in practice?)

NO - never heard of this

When ATF form 4473 is involved the FFL has the only copy? The state NICS and the federal NICS receive the form so they MAY keep copies?

NICS records are destroyed at a set short interval, unless they are denials. The 4473's stay with the FFL until the license is deactivated, at which time they go to the BATFE

Thanks in advance

Given the hoops people in NYC have to jump thru just to have a handgun in their home, I'm not that surprised the list is that long. The one licensed person I know in NYC is unfortunately on the list.

ETA: The list is for various CCW permits and for premises permits.

Forgive me . What is a premises permit?

All:

Thanks in advance

Not sure what your asking here. If you want to know if there is a record in NJ of every gun you purcahase through an FFL, then technically yes there is. If you are looking to hide ownership of a gun (long gun only)from the NJ goverment, buy a used long gun from a private seller. Technically there is a record (the COE you fill out) but the only way to find out you purchased that long gun from a private seller is if NJ comes looking for that long gun from the private seller. You need to find a NJ resident with a long gun for sale that is not registered with NJ (e.g. an out of state resident that moved to NJ with long guns).

Thanks Pizza Bob

So in discussions about gun grabbing on various forums, when people say that the federal government knows where to find all the guns (outside of NJ) -- that is mostly founded in conspiracy theory that the NICS data is retained?

Does the FFL destroy their NICS records or just on the governments side? If the FFLs don't destroy their records, does the BATFE destroy them per any protocol? Are the NJ NICS approvals also destroyed under the same protocol as the federal NICS?

Thanks again

Not sure what your asking here. If you want to know if there is a record in NJ of every gun you purcahase through an FFL, then technically yes there is. If you are looking to hide ownership of a gun (long gun only)from the NJ goverment, buy a used long gun from a private seller. Technically there is a record (the COE you fill out) but the only way to find out you purchased that long gun from a private seller is if NJ comes looking for that long gun from the private seller. You need to find a NJ resident with a long gun for sale that is not registered with NJ (e.g. an out of state resident that moved to NJ with long guns).

My questions were literal -- no ulterior motives

Forgive me . What is a premises permit?

http://www.nyc.gov/h...formation.shtml (scroll down about a 1/3 of the page for the list of permits)

As with most things in NYC that involve a city agency, getting any sort of handgun permit is a very convoluted, tedious, and expensive process.

http://www.nyc.gov/h...formation.shtml (scroll down about a 1/3 of the page for the list of permits)

As with most things in NYC that involve a city agency, getting any sort of handgun permit is a very convoluted, tedious, and expensive process.

Okay. got it Thanks. My friend who just moved to NJ from Manhattan was telling me just how difficult it was compared to the relative ease when he moved across the river. Notice I used "relative ease".

Good. I'm glad this is escalating.....you don't treat cancer, you cut it out.

That being said, part of me says this is overblown hype to make gun owners out to be terrorists, bullies, nutjobs, whatever......realize this....there is a propaganda war happening right now, as a way to build it all up when Obama goes public with his plans for gun control.