KPAYNE8813

usana shooting range

I shoot on South jersey shooting clubs high power team and from what I've seen that place gets very buisy on the weekends. But it is a very well manicured place. And they have a gunshop on site which is nice. USANA can get buisy at times but I usually get there about 8:45 and I'm the only one there, plus I live a mile away and its $175 a year cheaper for me.

gimmemym1 USANA has an indoor pistol range right? I am trying to decide between there and Bob's Little Sport. Would be shooting mostly pistol but have a shotgun and 22 rifle that my son and I would like to shoot from time to time. I know Bob's is no shotgun... So advantage to USANA there. I am in VIneland so distance is about same to both.

Also what time for joining on 3rd wednesday and weekend.

Thanks.

DougD.

dougd60, consider this: i have nothing against bobs little sport shop, its where i bought my first gun. but don't forget that they make you buy their ammo when you shoot there. and they charge by the hour.

now, i haven't been to usana yet but it sounds like an awesome place. i can't believe i hadn't heard of it until just this past week. and yes i was told they do have an indoor range. personally i am going to look into getting a membership soon as i get the time to make it to a meeting.

Yes they do have indoor range. Right now you can only use indoor range during normal operating hours. But, the owner is in the process of insulating it so if you want to shoot after dark, the neighbors won't get all pissy. The club meeting is every third Wednesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30. Weekend hours are Saturday, 9-5:30 and Sunday 9-12:30. Hope this helps. If there's any other questions feel free to ask.

Yes they do have indoor range. Right now you can only use indoor range during normal operating hours. But, the owner is in the process of insulating it so if you want to shoot after dark, the neighbors won't get all pissy. The club meeting is every third Wednesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30. Weekend hours are Saturday, 9-5:30 and Sunday 9-12:30. Hope this helps. If there's any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the info. One last question, is membership a family membership? If so, looks like I'll be joining on the 19th!

Price is the same for family as far as I know. I've taken my wife,kids,and sister all at different times and not a word was said. I would imagine if you brought your four brothers and 7 nephews you might draw some attention.

Let me clear some things up for all of you...

To use the indoor range, you must first qualify. You've got to be able to land all of your shots on-target. If you do, your membership pass will get a little something extra on the backside. FYI - you also must qualify for the 200yd rifle range. IF you do not use the ranges for the appropriate purposes - e.g., plinking limited to certain ranges, shotgun patterning on only one range, etc. you WILL be ejected and lose your membership! You also MUST police all your casings and trash.

Membership is $175, and when you bring guests we ask that you pay the very small guest fee, and it IS pretty small ($5/per) considering we do not limit times on the ranges!

I sent them an email just to verify the next meeting. I got a phone call back the next morning. The guy was real nice and said it would be no problem to come early and scope the place out. I believe he said they open at 6am. What are the specifics to qualify?

Lines go hot at 8am mon-fri. Saturday and Sunday you can start shooting at 9 am. $10 guest fee was $5 last year. No qualifications to become a member as previously stated. To use indoor range you must shoot 10 rds from 30 feet into a target. For the 200 yd range a range officer will just go over where to shoot. In actuality the 200 yd range is no different than the 100yd ranges except for distance. And yes they are very particular about which ranges you use for specific firearms and types of shooting and the owner has enough signage on the different ranges that there should be no questions. As long as you use common sense you'll never have an issue. And if your not sure ASK. If anybody's ever interested in going I'm always more than happy to take someone there. Can't never have enough reasons to go to the range.

Lines go hot at 8am mon-fri. Saturday and Sunday you can start shooting at 9 am. $10 guest fee was $5 last year. No qualifications to become a member as previously stated. To use indoor range you must shoot 10 rds from 30 feet into a target. For the 200 yd range a range officer will just go over where to shoot. In actuality the 200 yd range is no different than the 100yd ranges except for distance. And yes they are very particular about which ranges you use for specific firearms and types of shooting and the owner has enough signage on the different ranges that there should be no questions. As long as you use common sense you'll never have an issue. And if your not sure ASK. If anybody's ever interested in going I'm always more than happy to take someone there. Can't never have enough reasons to go to the range.

Depending on how I feel, I may try and check it out tomorrow. Anyone going there tommorow?

Bring yourself and $175 for membership but I think it's gonna be more around $165. Meeting starts at 7 but I would get there no later than 6:45. Probably around 6:30 so the owner can start doing the membership process earlier. There is no requirements to join.

The next membership meeting is actually Saturday and Sunday, Skip said be there 11:45. But if you wanted to go to the Following Wednesday thats all the same.

I live almost ... almost next door to Usana. Local Shooting range, and a tradition of hearing gun shots makes me beam with pride. Literally cant wait.

Are Sat and Sunday both 11:45 meetings?

Haven't talked to Skip since last meeting so I don't know, but if you give a call down, particularly first thing in the morning, you can reach Skip. I do know we've been running membership/orientations on some weekends, but don't know what's he's lined up for Feb.

Anyone heading for the range today? I am going to the meeting to join. Avid Longgun shooter have been away from Handguns for A long while. Have A new Sig Pro 9mm to get used too. Wondering if anyone will be there and willing to work with me A bit with this Gun

Kirk