KPAYNE8813

usana shooting range

Operational i don't know, I haven't been there in over a year I do know the current owner wants to sell the property. Brief History the owner sold the property to harbor site who wanted to turn it into a training ground for SWAT and military who then got in trouble with reports or full auto fire and night shoots who sold it back to the original owner who now wants to sell it because the town is punishing him for harbor sites wrong doing at least that's how I remember it. Since I have more time now I want to add they had paintball and air soft areas as well as a 25yd indoor range.

The range is only about 10 mins from my job. I'm hoping its still operational and doesn't plan to close down.

I think the cost was 100$ for the year, 65$ to county residents.

I know a few people that used to go, I haven't talked to them in about a year. I will try to find some more info out tomorrow.

Yes, USANA is still open. http://www.usanamtc.com/

I was just there last month. The range is nice - the pits are pretty good. They have a pretty nice sporting clays range - 3 covered throwers and several positions to shoot from.

Hmmm I've been looking for a place to shoot clays... thanks for the notice

Yes, USANA is alive and I'm a member. Arbelest is slightly incorrect about how the ownership reverted back to Skip (no selling involved, it was taken back under clause in the original terms of sale after Harborsite made a mess and didn't stand by an agreement for original members). We just reopened the 200 yard range. Anyway, our monthly meeting is this Wednesday evening if you'd like to come out. New membership sign-ups at 7pm and the meeting afterwards. I'm sure this month's meeting will be primarily about defending 2A.

Where's the 200 yard range? The ones in the back are 100.

Not quite. I can't point you to it on a map as we don't have on up on the internet (IT volunteer is way behind on the new website), but if you go you cannot miss the signage. Please note we require a special endorsement on your membership, just like the indoor range, to use it. Also, there are now plenty of RSOs to regulate the range, and you must wear your membership card in plain sight as of this year once you enter past the club house. A lot of new signage has been put up to direct to ranges and clarify the use of specific ranges. Oh, the gate is working again (no thanks to Harborsite). Slowly getting back to pre-Harborsite. Unfortunately, it's been a real battle with my Pittsgrove due to the problems Harborsite caused with them.

i went yesterday with my bubby and lets just say im sold on going there it was awesome didnt have to wait to shoot, after it rains or snows i would drive a truck and wear boots but other then that i loved it clean up after yourself

Do they allow someone to try the range out first before becoming a member? I work about 10min away, it would be convenient to have something so close.

But I have private property I can shoot in for free.... Do they allow a guest? Maybe I could meet someone from here one day and give it a shot.

You don't need a sponsor to join. He's taking new members on the third Wednesday of each month in the evening and the third weekend of each month. It's $175 a year and each month it gets cheaper as in if you join in Feb its about $160, March is about $150 and so on.

You don't need a sponsor to join. He's taking new members on the third Thursday of each month in the evening and the third weekend of each month. It's $175 a year and each month it gets cheaper as in if you join in Feb its about $160, March is about $150 and so on.

Ouch... Sounds like prices went up. Used to be $100 for non residents, $60 if you lived in Pittsgrove.