TheDon

Sportsman's Guide Follows Lead from Cheaper Than Dirt

This might not be news because I have not been looking for AR parts for a while. But I just discovered that SG is restricting saless of all tactical components to NJ; even triggers and repair kits, A2 stocks, bull barrels and other components that have nothing to do with the AWB.

It looks like their rule is: if it has AR or AK in the description, it is no-go to NJ.

This sucks! :mad:

Natchez and CTD are affliated companies, not sure if SG is related to them or not.

Damn.... don't tell me that. I stopped doing all business with CTD and SD but have been patronizing Palmetto and Natchez. Guess I didn't check them out before I spent my money .

Damn.... don't tell me that. I stopped doing all business with CTD and SD but have been patronizing Palmetto and Natchez. Guess I didn't check them out before I spent my money .

They are not the same company. They just share distribution networks. Money you spend at Natchez SS does not go into CTD's pockets, or vice versa.

They are not the same company. They just share distribution networks. Money you spend at Natchez SS does not go into CTD's pockets, or vice versa.

Thank you.

I do not blame internet retailers for not doing business with NJ. It is not their fault, it is our government's fault.

If you were running a national business, would you do business in NJ? Why would you risk your FFL and lawsuits from the AG over some minimum-wager making a mistake? Why would you incur the out-of-state legal expenses to keep your systems up to date on how our AG and NJSP are interpreting the laws differently this year vs. last year?

Bottom line: they do not make enough money from us to justify the added cost for doing business here.

Yup. Look at California -- much much bigger firearms market than NJ and most shops on Gunbroker won't ship their products to CA regardless of what it is.

But it is essentially a soft ban rooted in the actions of a state legislature. A game of dominoes that begins at the state legislature and ends with a citizen of that state effectively denied their right to bear arms.

Yup. Look at California -- much much bigger firearms market than NJ and most shops on Gunbroker won't ship their products to CA regardless of what it is.

But it is essentially a soft ban rooted in the actions of a state legislature. A game of dominoes that begins at the state legislature and ends with a citizen of that state effectively denied their right to bear arms.

My understanding is that you have to be an "approved" FFL to ship to Califofnia. Most FFL's don't want that hassle.

This might not be news because I have not been looking for AR parts for a while. But I just discovered that SG is restricting saless of all tactical components to NJ; even triggers and repair kits, A2 stocks, bull barrels and other components that have nothing to do with the AWB.

It looks like their rule is: if it has AR or AK in the description, it is no-go to NJ.

This sucks! :mad:

Welcome to about 5 years ago...ANYTHING for an AR will not be sold to NJ (or any other military-style Semi-Auto)...for some unknown reaon they also wont ship a Mauser bbl to NJ either

You have to be an approved FFL to ship to a FFL in California??

Vendors have the same policy for accessories, C&R firearms, etc.

Yes..IOW you have to pay the state of california to do business with it's citizens

And get this... They sold me a threaded barrel for my Browning HP and a fake silencer. Makes your head spin doesn't it? Had several arguments on he phone with them. They are totally clueless.

Welcome to about 5 years ago...ANYTHING for an AR will not be sold to NJ (or any other military-style Semi-Auto)...for some unknown reaon they also wont ship a Mauser bbl to NJ either

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I believe the owners are brothers or some other family relationship between them. When you order from CTD, they code what is in their TX warehouse vs the other (LA?) warehouse which is Natchez.

I thought Natchez was owned by the Natchez family and is located in Chatanooga TN.

I looked up both companies on corporate wiki, If they are that tight, their incorporation sure do not show it.

Huh... I guess I've never ordered anything they wouldn't ship. Guess we'll find out next time I try to order HP or SP or BT bullets...

They will ship them, I have ordered all in the past.

Personally I love sportsmans guide, cant beat their prices with some of the coupon codes I find

and use their cc and get an extra 2% off and the 4 pay over 4 month break down makes most things affordable.

I orderd a few replacement barrels for my sks's from them and just shipped to my brother in MD, it's annoying but

It's their rules and I understand them from a strict business stand point.

I like Natchez have spent some serious coin with them. Never a problem and pretty fast shipping. Even during this latest crisis, they have shipped in a respectable time frame.