iRescue

Obama to announce gun control Pkg tomorrow

At this point, it has to be pretty clear to the federal govenrment that a major economic collapse is imminent. Facing this knowledge, which would you rather govern - an armed or unarmed populace?

I said this to a coworker yesterday just bringing it up as a possibility. You could see the light bulb turn on over her head. I think I scared her. It's just all too convenient that out economy is about to collapse and they're more worried about disarming us.

I am for the changes they are making. Really, what purpose does an AW have for the common man? (Spare me the need to protect ourselves from the government speak. They have tanks, nuclear weapons, missles, and fighter jets. It's not musket vs musket like it was 200+ years ago.)

I am for the changes they are making. Really, what purpose does an AW have for the common man? (Spare me the need to protect ourselves from the government speak. They have tanks, nuclear weapons, missles, and fighter jets. It's not musket vs musket like it was 200+ years ago.)

Please troll elsewhere.

Look at Afghanistan. Small arms and improvised explosives VS our tanks, nuclear weapons, and jet fighters. Why are they still kicking our asses?

If you wanna give up and bend yourself over for the government, go ahead. Let the rest of us brave men and women fight the good fight.

FYI, an AWB would do nothing to prevent crime. Most gun murders are done with handguns, and most are obtained illegally.

Ok, troll, I'll bite.

You think we are North Korea? If our gov't started to get out of control where the people needed to stand up against them that the entire military would go along with it?

Did you ever hear of the Bielski brothers during WW2? Fighting the Germans.

If you want to voluntarily disarm yourself, go for it. Don't tell me what I can have.

no..he signed 3

He'll be enacting 23 in total -

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2I9wmj2zY

Look at Afghanistan. Small arms and improvised explosives VS our tanks, nuclear weapons, and jet fighters. Why are they still kicking our asses?

If you wanna give up and bend yourself over for the government, go ahead. Let the rest of us brave men and women fight the good fight.

FYI, an AWB would do nothing to prevent crime. Most gun murders are done with handguns, and most are obtained illegally.

Kicking our ass in Afghanistan? LMFAO.

Kicking our ass in Afghanistan? LMFAO.

According to Wiipedia, 25,000 Taliban vs. nearly 500,000 men (Americans, Europeans, Afghan Security Forces).

Over 2,000 Americans dead on our side, many thousand wonded.

What about Iraq? Over 4,000 Americans dead and 32,000 wounded???

I'm sorry, but our jetfighters and tanks haven't magically destroyed the Taliban. It's been a SLOW and PAINFUL process.

I'll also bite,,,

How about this first, it's not a privilege like your drivers license, it's a RIGHT.

Second, without the 2A and the RIGHTS that they afford us, and if that's change, well you posting up your question and the use of free speech may not be there for long, among every other thing the amendments afford us. It could all be lost and past history around the world only proves that.

I think Texas and wyoming(?) Are going to ignore obama laws, as far as argument we cant win against military it simply requires determination and persistance, the last 50 years the super powers have lost to people wearing flip flops, from rice patties to afganistan, if people can kick butt in flip flops against russia and U.S., then our ability to have our guns for the second amendment purpose is still relevant. You use a small gun to get the oppressors bigger gun, thats basic.

This sounds like a list (mostly) put together by a bunch of 22 year old WH interns. (Except for a few bad ones that were no doubt snuck in with the hopes that nobody would notice. WHO is this new ATF guy?)

"#13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime." Wouldn't that be part of the Chief Executive's job description?

So there was no EO on AW ban, but he is urging congress to make a tougher than the last and a 10rd mag cap. Please correct me if I read incorrectly.

That's what I heard, too. (That doesn't mean it's what the administration is going to do -- but that's what I heard.) In effect, he seems to be throwing it back to the states.

The first question is always, what's a assault weapon? The basic answer is any gun that's black and pointy. Do citizens need black and pointy guns? Maybe, maybe not. The issue is more that in a free country laws cannot be arbitrary. Passing a law to ban others from possessing something you don't like isn't how it works. Last I checked it's illegal to kill people in the USA, banning AW will have enothing to effect that. There are millions out in circuation, law enforcement has them, military. More shootings are gonna happen regardless if the weapons are black and pointy. It's unfortunute that on this issue Obama has decided to play favorites, passing laws to placate a certain section of the popolace at the cost of sacrificing the freedoms of others.

<----ignoring trolls So there was no EO on AW ban, but he is urging congress to make a tougher than the last and a 10rd mag cap. Please correct me if I read incorrectly.

Yeah, it seems that he's going to make F2F require NICS via exec action, but all other 22 of them seem rather ineffectual. It's odd them a few of them deal with his Obama care, but none of it seems as bad as an AWB or mag cap law. He's going to need congress to push those through.