KpdPipes

Eastern Outdoor Show (Harrisburg Pa) Bans "Assault Weapons"

Mossberg is out...

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/mossberg-withdraws-from-eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show/#axzz2IpzD03W6

North Haven, CT --(Ammoland.com)- O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announced that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

The company reached this decision after Reed Exhibitions banned Modern Sporting Rifles and has refused to reconsider their stance.

Mossberg’s position on the Second Amendment is unwavering and steadfast; therefore, the company will not support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms.

We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

Mossberg is out...

http://www.ammoland..../#axzz2IpzD03W6

North Haven, CT --(Ammoland.com)- O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announced that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

The company reached this decision after Reed Exhibitions banned Modern Sporting Rifles and has refused to reconsider their stance.

Mossberg’s position on the Second Amendment is unwavering and steadfast; therefore, the company will not support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms.

We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

Jesus, who the hell do they have left? HK?

Finally...maybe we are starting to see some unity here. Imagine if all gun owners just decided to call in sick or park their cars someplace to make a statement? Like at the entrances of tunnels and bridges into NYC.

I would be so for this!

What's amazing to me in their press release is how they still do not get it:

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

I have to wonder, is the management at this place on crack or something? Instead of acknowledging they screwed up and rectifying the problem they keep on bulling through with the "it's not us it's a small percentage of people". No 2A related show should ever use this company again (I'm looking at you Shot Show).

They're claiming it's postponed. Yeah, just until they recover from the reality check that smacked them upside the head and come to their senses.

No matter what they Claim, they also just sent out an email stating they would be refunding exhibitor's money..no word yet on pre-admissions

NSSF sent out a press release saying they're "considering options" for a different manager for future SHOT shows:

NSSF press release:

We have just learned that Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. In the days following Reed Exhibitions’ announcement that modern sporting rifles would be prohibited from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the leadership of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has been in intense, frank discussions with Reed Exhibitions management in an effort to reverse this unacceptable decision. These discussions reached an impasse.

NSSF is in no way affiliated with, nor does it participate in or exhibit at this show in any way. Reed Exhibitions does, however, manage the NSSF-owned SHOT Show (though Reed manages the SHOT Show, all SHOT Show decisions, policies and actions are made at NSSF’s direction).

Because of Reed’s recent actions, NSSF is considering all options regarding the management of future SHOT Shows.

I think this will be a "teachable moment" for all of the fudds. Maybe, just maybe, if they can get past the fact that their beloved show was canceled because the tactical wackos revolted, they will understand we are all in this together.

I read this and got a chuckle so I had to share it.

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show doomed Update 1/24: it’s dead.

UPDATE #2 (1/24): It’s dead.

NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons

(Washington Examiner) – A massive boycott sparked by the NRA and other gun-rights groups outraged that the nation’s largest outdoors show banned the exhibition of assault weapons has caused the show’s organizers to abruptly cancel the week-long event in Harrisburg, Pa.

The successful boycott was the biggest demonstration of support by the outdoors industry yet against gun control efforts being pushed in Washington and in several states.

“Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, Pa.,” the organizer said in a statement Thursday.

Folks, it wasn’t the NRA that killed this show.

It was everyday Americans shunning this event after the event’s organizers decided to exclude America’s favorite rifle. They got “Zumbo’d” for their FUDD attitudes on gun rights.

What’s a Zumbo? Let the folks at Urban Dictionary help

1. Zumbo ~ ( thanks to Outdoorlife writer “Jim Zumbo” )

(a) A name usually given to FUDD’s who are quisling’s to the 2nd Amendment.

(b) Short for “Zumbified, Zumboite, zomboned, or Zumborrhea.”

© People called or associated with a traitorous act against the 2nd Amendment civil rights of others.

(d) It literally means “dumb ass”

And what’s a FUDD?

Slang term for a “casual” gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called “non sporting” firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

Here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...eed+exhibitions

(just kidding, here's the direct link:

http://www.nssfblog....d-outdoor-show/

- at the time that I read the release on another blog they didn't have a link available)

I saw the NSSF statement, what frustrated me was the five minutes I spent trying to find (i assume Rob?) Pincus' sight for his comments on it.

NRA didn't do shit.  Once everybody was gone, including hundreds of vendors and several large ones (including Cabelas), only then did NRA decide they were ready to take credit for a massive movement they had nothing to do with and actually opposed.  After they had said for weeks, up through even the day before, they thought it was best to attend the show for outreach purposes despite the protests.

I think the NRA accredidation was a result of the press. Not anything the NRA said. It is just a continued attempt to villify the NRA and make them the scapegoat in the eyes of the non-shooting public. We all know that it was the grassroots efforts and that's enough for me. If the press wants to ascribe that kind of power to the NRA, then have at it, just makes the other side wearier.

Adios,

Pizza Bob