KpdPipes

Eastern Outdoor Show (Harrisburg Pa) Bans "Assault Weapons"

Due to recent changes made by Reed Exhibitions regarding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, Cabela's will no longer sponsor this year's event. After careful consideration regarding Cabela's business practices, and the feelings of our customers, Cabela's will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

I don't think ARs represent a significant amount of Cabela's annual sales -- so good for them!

Wow, I don't know what to think... We have people paying 2X, 3X, 4X what AR rifles and parts normally go for, and yet these kinds of people that are basically PRE-BANNING these items which is driving the prices even higher, and yet, most agree that the AWB doesn't even have a chance of ever passing as law! WTF? Even the "wannabe" copies (22lr, etc) that look like AR-15's are SOLD OUT! Trust me, I've searched... So what does this all mean? So, where are we going with all of this? Are the "scared" just getting screwed right now or are we really heading to build and grow this market going forward just because it will always be the first target of any anti-2A bans in the future?

I think that the only thing that I can afford these days is the good ol'fashioned Baseball Bat! Of course, I can screw some picatinny rails on it and add a heat sheild, 1000 lumens flashlight, holographic sight, laser grip, infared scanner, etc.... but I'm sure I'd be breaking the law somewhere along the way...

I just don't know what to think...

Wow, I don't know what to think... We have people paying 2X, 3X, 4X what AR rifles and parts normally go for, and yet these kinds of people that are basically PRE-BANNING these items which is driving the prices even higher, and yet, most agree that the AWB doesn't even have a chance of ever passing as law! WTF? Even the "wannabe" copies (22lr, etc) that look like AR-15's are SOLD OUT! Trust me, I've searched... So what does this all mean? So, where are we going with all of this? Are the "scared" just getting screwed right now or are we really heading to build and grow this market going forward just because it will always be the first target of any anti-2A bans in the future? I think that the only thing that I can afford these days is the good ol'fashioned Baseball Bat! Of course, I can screw some picatinny rails on it and add a heat sheild, 1000 lumens flashlight, holographic sight, laser grip, infared scanner, etc.... but I'm sure I'd be breaking the law somewhere along the way... I just don't know what to think...

The same thing happened in 2008...not QUITE as bad of course, but there was a run on everything "Tactical"..the media push and politicians jumping onto the bandwagon after Newtown had a PROFOUND effect on people it sacred the hell out of them that there might be enough impetus to push a ban through this time. luckily it looks like that momentum has slowed, but we still need to keep the pressure on them. Things will slowly get back to normal...on the plsu side you'll see a lot of "Extra" AR's going for sale in 6-8 months

I don't think ARs represent a significant amount of Cabela's annual sales -- so good for them!

I don't know if that is true or not, but:

1. The AR-15 is the most popular firearm of any kind in the US according to the ATF.  Yes, before December 2012.

2. Cabelas Hamburg sells more firearms every year than any other store in the US.

I have a feeling they sell some ARs.

The promoters are making a big deal of Jamie Gray's appearance. She is a member of the US Olympic shooting team and a gold medal winner in 3 position small bore at the 2012 games. I'm not into social media (it's a generational thing), but thinking that those that tweet (did I get that right?) ought to request that she not appear and honor the boycott. Tweet her at: @Grayolympics

Not bad for an old codger, huh?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The promoters are making a big deal of Jamie Gray's appearance. She is a member of the US Olympic shooting team and a gold medal winner in 3 position small bore at the 2012 games. I'm not into social media (it's a generational thing), but thinking that those that tweet (did I get that right?) ought to request that she not appear and honor the boycott. Tweet her at: @Grayolympics

Adios,

Pizza Bob

just did see what happens..

updated list of people who have pulled out of the Show http://www.newjersey...ticle143446.htm

Nice. :good:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

LOL, good job Bob.

Finally...maybe we are starting to see some unity here. Imagine if all gun owners just decided to call in sick or park their cars someplace to make a statement? Like at the entrances of tunnels and bridges into NYC.

Just read on Facebook that S&W are also pulling out.

Yes I just received an email stating that S&W is indeed pulling out of the show in protest. I know they are big and didn't the organizers anticipate such a response?

I don't know how often that NJHunter gets updated but heres another source http://mynortheastou...ott-supporters/ 207 as of this morning including the NRA :clapping:

The ESOS facebook page is 100% negative comments too, haha

The statement attributed to NRA that I read said that they would not support or attend ANY EVENT that is put on by Reed Exhibitions..... Reed Exhibitions is contracted for SHOT next year. NSSF is trying to play Damage control, but i think they are gonna have to make a hard decision soon.

The statement attributed to NRA that I read said that they would not support or attend ANY EVENT that is put on by Reed Exhibitions..... Reed Exhibitions is contracted for SHOT next year. NSSF is trying to play Damage control, but i think they are gonna have to make a hard decision soon.

They left themselves some wiggle room.

...the NRA will not be participating in the upcoming show in Harrisburg or in any other shows hosted by Reed Exhibitions that maintain this policy.

I hope no one attends as it's almost traitorous to go

I've seen some quotes from various fudd types complaining about how they are being penalized because of us "Crybabies" in a few different news stories about this...the message is getting out though, and the media cant really deny it

Jamie Gray pulled out! Nice job.

Vlad,

Just wondered where you saw this? They are still touting her appearance on the ESOS website. Hope that it's true.

Adios,

Pizza Bob