notmetoo

Accidental shootings at three gun shows!?

They've happened before. People are stupid & careless. It's unfortunate. The press is ravenous enough to devour these stories in the wake of the last week's events. What bleeds, leads.

Bloomington - 2011

http://www.pantagrap...1cc4c03286.html

Denver - 2010

http://www.thedenver...ctim-identified

Probably heard the prices that firearms have been commanding lately, and dusted off guns they hadn't touched in years without bothering to confirm that they weren't stored loaded. BTW, I read that in one case it was a LEO checking the weapon who pulled the trigger!

I also think there are a record number of people who have recently gotten their FIDs (like me) and who know very little about the mechanics of firearms or of their safety. If my LEO friend hadn't taken me shooting a few days ago, I would have done a lot of safety no-nos on my own, even though I had shot many, many years ago.

Right, but when are gun owners going to wise up? You'd think by now they'd have a clue. You got to love the ones where their gun went off while cleaning it. How the hell you clean a gun loaded? Then we have the guy that shot himself in his pecker. For real people... These are the arses that make responsible gun owners look bad. This is a What the Frack moment!

They've happened before. People are stupid & careless. It's unfortunate. The press is ravenous enough to devour these stories in the wake of the last week's events. What bleeds, leads.

Bloomington - 2011

http://www.pantagrap...1cc4c03286.html

Denver - 2010

http://www.thedenver...ctim-identified

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I also think there are a record number of people who have recently gotten their FIDs (like me) and who know very little about the mechanics of firearms or of their safety. If my LEO friend hadn't taken me shooting a few days ago, I would have done a lot of safety no-nos on my own, even though I had shot many, many years ago.

I know this is going to make me sound like I'm wearing a tin-foil hat but I can't help be suspicious that they were staged.....

James, the above post probably answered your question.

There are idiots everywhere, even in New Jersey. Take yesterday's example for instance:

http://www.nj.com/cu...shoots_14-.html

Father accidentally shoots teen son in face in South Jersey hunting accident

SHILOH — A 14-year-old boy was flown to Christiana Hospital this afternoon after his father reportedly shot him in the face while hunting near Cook Road in Stow Creek Township, according to N.J. State Police, Bridgeton Barracks.

The father was reportedly hunting with a 12-gauge shotgun when, attempting to shoot a deer, shot his son in the face with a single pellet of buckshot, police said. The accident occurred shortly before 12:30 p.m. The father and son are from Greenwich Township in Cumberland County.

The boy is listed in stable condition and his injuries are non-life-threatening, officials stated.

According to police, the buckshot pellet struck the boy's face under the eye and exited through his cheek.

State police have placed the N.J. Division of Fish and Wildlife in charge of the investigation. State police said they will not file charges, as they deemed the shooting as accidental.

Saturday marked the final day of permit shotgun season in Zone 27 for white-tailed deer, as dictated by the Division of Fish and Wildlife. In New Jersey, hunting zones are segregated by the Division Fish and Wildlife with differing sets of regulations for groups of zones.

State police said they will not file charges, as they deemed the shooting as accidental.

Not enough details, but it sounds like they might not have deemed it negligent or they would have filed some charges.

Unfortunate and improbable accident if son was standing behind dad and a shot ricocheted off a rock or metal post.

My first post here:

My daughter knows the kid who got shot. I don't know the father but we have several friends in common. Rural area - everybody knows everybody here.

The kid was facebooking the incident from the hospital the night it happend while he was waiting to see the doctors.

Apparently he was hit by a ricochet off of a tree. The kid was on the other side of a clearing but not in the line of fire. Father shot and one pellet bounced off the tree and hit the kid. Single pellet lodged behind the kid's nose.

My daughter just mentioned to me that the kid had a second surgery this week to "make sure everything healed okay". But she's not sure it was a surgery, maybe just a visit. He is fine.