njpilot

PA Rally Was Today

I was not involved in this.  The rally is in April.  This was a counter protest for a Ceasefire rally. There was a larger rally Saturday, which I guess was nation firearm appreciation day, and I did not go to that either. No legislators around on Saturdays. It seems whatever the Feb 8 thing is, I haven't heard anything about it in PA. But based on all this, I bet people will show up for that, too.

I could not make it due to work so I am not sure of the turnout.... but what I can tell you is PA is starting to see some push back against the fed..

http://www.facebook.com/RepMetcalfe

This morning I announced the introduction of House Bill 357, which will stop any new federal gun grabbing legislation from taking effect in PA.

I could not make it due to work so I am not sure of the turnout.... but what I can tell you is PA is starting to see some push back against the fed..

http://www.facebook.com/RepMetcalfe

FYI, Metcalfe is the Source of all that is good in our Great Commonwealth. He's like the Anti-Feinstein. This bill is no surprise, and it may or may not mean a damn thing. So start supporting him and our like-minded legislators further or goals.

FYI, Metcalfe is the Source of all that is good in our Great Commonwealth. He's like the Anti-Feinstein. This bill is no surprise, and it may or may not mean a damn thing. So start supporting him and our like-minded legislators further or goals.

Why can't the ones we have in NJ be like him? :(

I am getting that impression... I really wanted to go today but there was just no way I could get out of work to make it...

I think the numbers of most rallies will be dampened by the fact they are scheduled on work days and it is wintertime. I know my wife and I would like to attend the NJ rally on Feb. 8th, but there is no way I can stand around outside for an undetermined amount of time in 20-30 degree weather. I appreciate those who can and will attend the rally on Feb. 8th but I am not sure I will be able to make it.

As I have said before, the NRA should have asserted itself and appointed someone to organize rallies in each state. One big rally is better than many tiny rallies. Every gun club or forum wants to have a rally. We need to be organized and find a way for everyone to get involved. Something that would not depend on work day or weather etc. ...a National 2nd Amendment Day for example. Maybe everyone could drive with their lights on and if you see another car with it's lights on honk your horn one time, or fly a certain type of flag on your car or tie a ribbon to your antenna or wear a Bow-tie to work (lol) something. The NRA could promote it and give it media attention so when it happens people will be aware of it's meaning. We not only want legislators to see our numbers but the citizenry as a whole.

I think the numbers of most rallies will be dampened by the fact they are scheduled on work days and it is wintertime. I know my wife and I would like to attend the NJ rally on Feb. 8th, but there is no way I can stand around outside for an undetermined amount of time in 20-30 degree weather. I appreciate those who can and will attend the rally on Feb. 8th but I am not sure I will be able to make it.

As I have said before, the NRA should have asserted itself and appointed someone to organize rallies in each state. One big rally is better than many tiny rallies. Every gun club or forum wants to have a rally. We need to be organized and find a way for everyone to get involved. Something that would not depend on work day or weather etc. ...a National 2nd Amendment Day for example. Maybe everyone could drive with their lights on and if you see another car with it's lights on honk your horn one time, or fly a certain type of flag on your car or tie a ribbon to your antenna or wear a Bow-tie to work (lol) something. The NRA could promote it and give it media attention so when it happens people will be aware of it's meaning. We not only want legislators to see our numbers but the citizenry as a whole.

HA here is a thought...

the rally today was actually in response to an anti gun protest....

"they" pick a work day since it is easy for "them" to attend, and also unlikely "we" will attend to counter.. LOL

How about putting some thermals on and a warm hat? I'm sure you'll be able to buy a hot cup of coffee when your tootsies get cold. Next time we'll be sure to get the mass shooters to commit their atrocities in the spring time so it's more comfortable for you to protect your rights.

How about putting some thermals on and a warm hat? I'm sure you'll be able to buy a hot cup of coffee when your tootsies get cold. Next time we'll be sure to get the mass shooters to commit their atrocities in the spring time so it's more comfortable for you to protect your rights.

this!....this is why they are able to choke us out....because its too "uncomfortable"....extreme here....but how uncomfortable will a police state/dictatorship be?...just saying

this!....this is why they are able to choke us out....because its too "uncomfortable"....extreme here....but how uncomfortable will a police state/dictatorship be?...just saying

He didn't say he didn't want too, he said he cannot. Obviously he is pro-gun, lets give him the benefit of the doubt for all we know he has a medical issue that prevents him from attending in that type of weather.

Honestly, there should be two protests. One on a week day and one on a weekend. The weekday is great because the pols are in office but not everyone can burn a day off of work to be there.

To whom it may concern:

My wife and I are in our late fifties and I am disabled (as if it were anyone's business to begin with.) When I was in my 20's, 30's and 40's nothing would have kept me from attending such an event. I am also a veteran, so don't lecture me on the importance of the 2nd Amendment. I was serving this country before some of you were born.

There were no comments made on my opinions about the NRA or my other suggestions, yet some of you wasted no time on attacking my reasoning if I should not be able to attend the rally. We are fighting for the same thing, be a little more understanding and tolerant of fellow gun owners and don't jump to conclusions. (thanks for your support greatgunstatenj).

HA here is a thought...

the rally today was actually in response to an anti gun protest....

"they" pick a work day since it is easy for "them" to attend, and also unlikely "we" will attend to counter.. LOL

Well that and criminals may not have to punch a time clock and might have been free to support gun bans. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no kidding, the cold is certainly not a reason to not do this.

I'm taking a day off for it

I'll second that, fighting for our 2A rights just like the 27 words in the 2A doesn't have conditions to support it or not. I'm there unless someone in my family or myself are in the hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my comment was not aimed at you johnott directly...i obviously dont know you or your situation...it was more of a general statement about people making excuses....again im not referring to you directly...more so in reference to people i know in real life...that are too lazy or self absorbed and figure let other people fight the fight to call in a sick day to take to the streets in an effort to defend our rights ...but the same people have no problem taking a day off to go hunting...which is the same only buildings not trees....so i apologize if came off as an attack on you

pjd832 - apology accepted.

All I was trying to point out in my initial post (and I guess I didn't do a very good job) was to say there are a lot of people who may wish to show their support and are not able to, and there needs to be an event or a way in which all of us can be involved.