Knuckle Sandwich

NYSP gearing up for confiscation for the non compliant

Apparently the NYSP is gearing up for confiscation.

http://scopeny.org/N...nty_Clerks.html

• Beyond mailing out the initial notice letter the Counties are going to be responsible for the re certification process. Their intervention was to push this to the Counties as an un funded mandate. (This is of course in direct contradiction to the law that was passed)

• The Freedom of information law opt out will have to renewed every five years. (There is nothing in the law requiring renewal of the opt out once granted.)

• The State police also said that gun confiscation will be carried out as an end result of non compliance with the permit renewal process or gun registry.

It also seems that these folks aren't really going to be ok with that.

I know I'm going to do some burning for even thinking this, but a small part of me is really starting to wish I wasn't a servant of God. I need to brush up on my theology to see what constitutes "war," because I'm very eager to "give back" to my Country for all they have "done for me." In spades.

Honestly, I think that if there are 1,000,000 people who claim they're going to resist this bill, to the SHTF level, maybe one will. I feel like most of the people are going to talk big, but will puss out.

i agree with you kaiser..it can be seen on this forum all the time

Most of the people on NJGF can't be bothered to call politicians, show up to rallies, write letters, or join pro-2A groups. I highly doubt they're going to fight.

Honestly, I think that if there are 1,000,000 people who claim they're going to resist this bill, to the SHTF level, maybe one will. I feel like most of the people are going to talk big, but will puss out.

I don't disagree, but I will say that if I were a cop or politician in that room, I'd be sweating. Those guys weren't happy, they were calm, but visibly agitated. Openly shouting about rebellion in front of cops is a step more than I thought we would see out of folks.

things will get ugly there... hopefully there is good lawyers, who aren't in it for the money, working on this before it comes to that....

I whole heartedly agree and just wanted to add a little to your quote, hope you don't mind.

When the guy that said he had been floating around the Mediterranean fighting Commies and he then gets home and finds them here I got chills. The politicians he was talking to were probally in diapers or not even born yet. I've heard these comments from these old guys before and, well, never really LISTENED, or better yet understood what they were talking about. Ah, the American dream, freedoms worst enemy, comfort. Well I'm starting to think the time of reckoning is upon us and it looks like we are going to have to think about what the word sacrifice really means. Think about if the LEOS (I am not against LEOS, so dont go there or turn this into an excuse to bash them) go out to start confiscating and a fire fight erupts, and it escalates to multiple depts and agencies. What are you going to do? How many LEOS are going to side with the citizens and tell the politicians to kiss it?

Question: Do Leos take the same oath to defend the constitution? Because if they do and they firmly believe in 2A for citizens, then they are going to have to be the first ones to violate the illegal law of the state.

We need some serious political reform in this country and it may, unfortunately, only come via a massacre for the history books.

Leo's listen to whoever is signing the next paycheck. They have families to feed too

I do feel for those who would be put in that position if it indeed comes to that. What are they to do?It's all fine and good to believe that their conscious and loyalty to the constitution will inevitably kick in but I believe it naive to think that the majority would go that route even if at that point it's pretty much a given that all consideration for the constitution and individual rights have already been abandoned.

I would be interested if there are any accounts by national guard and LEO members that was ordered to confiscate arms after Katrina.

Question: Do Leos take the same oath to defend the constitution? Because if they do and they firmly believe in 2A for citizens, then they are going to have to be the first ones to violate the illegal law of the state.

watching the meeting on youtube with the "president of the cheifs of police" or whatever his title was...the uncle fester looking baltimore pd guy on the panel must not have or didnt understand what he was saying if he did....he clearly stated he didnt think citizens should be able to posess firearms...so im sure any pro2a citizen rights cops will not be the majority...

Any NY'er defying the law and not registering or giving up their banned guns will simply be labeled as "domestic terrorists" by our wonderful mass media. Whether or not the rest of America (including SCOTUS) stands with them from that point on will make the difference.

i agree with you kaiser..it can be seen on this forum all the time

Most of the people on NJGF can't be bothered to call politicians, show up to rallies, write letters, or join pro-2A groups. I highly doubt they're going to fight.

Are you 2 coming on the 8th? And if you feel the war is lost, take a walk.

watching the meeting on youtube with the "president of the cheifs of police" or whatever his title was...the uncle fester looking baltimore pd guy on the panel must not have or didnt understand what he was saying if he did....he clearly stated he didnt think citizens should be able to posess firearms...so im sure any pro2a citizen rights cops will not be the majority...

Which one, there were a bunch.

Are you 2 coming on the 8th? And if you feel the war is lost, take a walk.

I won't be there since I need to get another CTscan to determine if I need surgery, which considering what just happened to me a few minutes ago, may end up needing to happen sooner.

I'm trying to go to the NJ-SAFE meeting instead, so that I'm at least doing something, plus I've called every assembly person, sent emails, and am working on my letters.

I'm simply saying, I think there are more members on NJGF that are passive than there should be. We should all do whatever we can, I mean a call or email doesn't take that long, and considering we all post here, we should all take that time to instead contact our representatives.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk to those here who do do their part, but if I could shame someone who otherwise wouldn't act, or see the importance of this issue into acting, well, then I consider that a win.

Baltimore Police Chief Johnson?

Negative.

Watched one where he was pandering to the jewish community. The other one some guy (Johnson was behind him) was reading a letter from ???? about newtown and how they were glued to the TV all day crying their eyes out. I wanted to hurl at that. Well you SICK SON OF BITCHES TURN OFF THE TV!!! How can you watch that over and over and over?

Sorry I got off topic. Anyhow, I get the gist, I've heard it before.

Leo's listen to whoever is signing the next paycheck. They have families to feed too

They have families they want to see at the end of the day too. They take risks, but once someone starts shooting you have to wonder what the conversion rate of 45% of the population is.

LEO is mostly risk of injury with a reasonable cushion built in for that event. The death toll isn't that high per annum, and a lot of that is vehicular.