Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Tavor...thought's?

After looking at review's online and seeing the SHOT show reviews, as well as seeing that our very own Maksim had shot and enjoyed the rifle, I decided to pre-order one.

Anyone else thinking of getting one of these? Maks, any more feedback on accuracy, how was the trigger, etc?

Normally I wait until new products have been out a while and have the bugs worked out, but they have been selling these rifles in other countries forever, so I am hoping that the US version is trouble free out of the box.

The distributor told me they didn't have an exact date, but that it would be sometime this spring. Keeping my fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later bc I really want to shoot this thing!

I will be paying damn near retail for it. The place I ordered it from does not charge until they actually have the rifle in their possession and it's ready to ship to my ffl.

To be honest my thinking was that demand is going to outstrip supply and there is going to be a situation like the ksg where the going price is over msrp.

Time will tell if it was a bad decision to pay full price or a good one.

Distributor told me their best guess was late March/early April, with a late time frame of May. They also told me that they were first on IWI's list to ship to due to the volume of firearms that they move. Who know's if any of this is true.

I will say that they have been quite up front and honest with me about a few other things so I have no reason to discount them on this.

Cope s distributing had a pre order for 1900$

Would love to handle one at a NJGF meetup if anyone gets one thus year.

Cope's did in fact have the pre-order for $1900, but you had to send a money order in for the full amount in order to be put on their list, and they also did not have a date that they would be delivered. I opted to pay $50 more and be able to pay when the rifle actually was ready to ship.

Damjan - If it comes in and you are in the central jersey area I am more than happy to oblige :)

I would love to get one as well

can you say where you pre ordered it?

sorry for the delay, valentine's day had me away from the computer lol.

Ordered it from knesek guns. They are very friendly and will answer all of your questions either over the phone or through email.

100% ambidextrous is a plus. Non-reciprocating charging handle is good.

2ex22w9.jpg

Not sure about the lack of iron sights, though. Maybe we need a modification?

a42yae.jpg

Not crazy about the 5.56 round. Maybe something heavier in .30 cal or 7.62.

2a8s3nq.jpg

Oh, and you need more wood and a bayonet stud. And the magazine is kind of in a strange place.

21520z.jpg

Humm... the mag sticks out too much...

3178gfo.jpg

There. That's better.

100% ambidextrous is a plus. Non-reciprocating charging handle is good.

2ex22w9.jpg

Not sure about the lack of iron sights, though. Maybe we need a modification?

a42yae.jpg

Not crazy about the 5.56 round. Maybe something heavier in .30 cal or 7.62.

2a8s3nq.jpg

Oh, and you need more wood and a bayonet stud. And the magazine is kind of in a strange place.

21520z.jpg

Humm... the mag sticks out too much...

3178gfo.jpg

There. That's better.

Thats funny

What are you plan to do about the birdcage FH? I am looking at the bullpup platform and I am really interested in Tavor

I dont believe the the flash hider is an issue bc its the only "evil" feature on the rifle. No collapsible stock no pistol grip no bayo lug on the 16" model. If my ffl disagrees then i will just have him put a brake on it instead.

I wouldnt classify it as a pistol grip since it isnt under the actiom

That is my personal opinion as well but looking at it I could see where someone would make the argument that it is a pistol grip. In our wonderful state better to be safe that sorry. Plus I happen to like the battlecomps so thats what I will prob go with.

JMO..but look at where you rack the knob.. and that whole thing looks like its one piece .. so it becomes part of the action. I think the bigger pitfall is the bolt knob right above the pistol grip.

Again.. JMO. It needs to be clear so you don't get in trouble.

Molon Labe

JMO..but look at where you rack the knob.. and that whole thing looks like its one piece .. so it becomes part of the action. I think the bigger pitfall is the bolt knob right above the pistol grip.

Again.. JMO. It needs to be clear so you don't get in trouble.

Molon Labe

Have your FFL throw on a proper compensator/muzzle break. It is not pinned anywho.

The Tavor does have flip up sights integrated. =)

When it gets to TJ's Im going to have Shane put a battlecomp on it, unless someone has an opinion on something better. I have the battlecomp on another ar and like it.

Not only is it ambi friendly, but you really don't need to reverse the ejection port. The shells eject forward and not rearward. Not sure if it would work for a big b1tch like me though.

When it gets to TJ's Im going to have

Shane put a battlecomp on it, unless someone has an opinion on something better. I have the battlecomp on another ar and like it.

I see. I am most certain that I am going to get this rifle for my 5.56 need. Once you get the rifle and get the nneded mod done I would live to find out where the mods are done.