almiz111

Gov. Christie vs NJ Assy/Senate

Let's also remember that Christie vetoed gay marriage last year. That issue is a liberal sacred cow even more so than "gun control." I am confident Christie will veto all these anti 2A bills, that's not to say we shouldn't be all over this though, got to keep up the pressure.

This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I truly hope you are right, but I just don't see hime vetoing all of them. In particular, the face to face ammo bill. Try to think about it for a second from a non-gun owner perspective -- someone who doesn't have to deal with the relatively few gun stores in NJ and the high prices of ammo in those stores that you can find. If one accepts that a background check should be required before purchasing a gun -- and virtually everyone does -- is it so unreasonable to require that a person at least be willing to show up at a store and present an ID before purchasing ammo? After all, they are not saying that we can't buy ammo, just that it needs to be purchased in a store, and isn't that a good idea if it will make it harder for criminals to purchase ammunition?

Please refraing from flaming me -- I'm just playing devils' advocate and looking at it from "their" side. I fully understand that there are plenty of reasons why this bill probably won't do a damn thing to prevent crime: 1) most criminals don't need to stock up on large quantities of ammo and probably don't or won't spend the $$ to do so; a loaded revolver or one or two magazines is plenty to rob a store or carjack someone; 2) they can still easily drive to PA, buy through a straw purchaser (just like they do with guns) or find some other way to buy it, etc. etc. It's just that on the face of it I think this bill will have a lot of appeal and Christie will have a hard time vetoing it.

I think the way Christie treats any new anti-gun legislation will have an impact on him at a National level. Since "Romney" there has been a huge spike in state and federal firearms legislation. Gun owners in every state are being assailed and the fear of losing our 2nd Amendment rights are being felt from coast to coast. Many in the firearm's community will be looking for a conservative candidate that will roll-back this anti-gun legislation and stand up for our constitutional rights. -I know I will.

I actually think the F2F bill is one of the easier ones for non gun owners to wrap their minds around. Banning online sales? Does anyone buy anything at a brick and mortar store anymore? Everyone uses amazon and can relate to the price differences.

Also most online/care log sales cross state lines. That has to jam up against federal jurisdiction somewhere. How is it legal to dictate where one gets a legal-to-own product?

Also most online/care log sales cross state lines. That has to jam up against federal jurisdiction somewhere. How is it legal to dictate where one gets a legal-to-own product?

From a quick search the only reference I can find where online or out of state sales are prohibited had to do with tax collection (tobacco and gambling) or franchise laws (cars). Firearms is the only other thing and that's regulated federally not state.

ChrisChristieOnGuns.png

Lets be honest.... gun owners still voted for him before. Republicans in this state would vote for him anyway.

Chris Christie ALSO appointed two Anti Gun AG's.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys. CC is NOT a fan of the 2A. He can easily run as a Democrat in 2016 and win.

HANNITY: Are there any issues where you are, quote, moderate to left as a Republican?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I favor some of the gun-control measures we have in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Bad idea.

CHRISTIE: Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there's a big hand gun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don't support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns — certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law-enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed, we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Should every — should every citizen in the state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?

CHRISTIE: In New Jersey, that's not going to happen, Sean.

HANNITY: Why?

CHRISTIE: Listen, the Democratic legislature we have, there's no way those type of things — listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves, but I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2009/10/27/chris-christie-fighting-finish-line?page=4#ixzz2LUMfCkr9'>http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2009/10/27/chris-christie-fighting-finish-line?page=4#ixzz2LUMfCkr9

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2009/10/27/chris-christie-fighting-finish-line?page=4

I actually think the F2F bill is one of the easier ones for non gun owners to wrap their minds around. Banning online sales? Does anyone buy anything at a brick and mortar store anymore? Everyone uses amazon and can relate to the price differences.

...tax collection...

How much sales tax revenue does New Jersey lose because of online ammo sales?

Not as much as it's lost from Amazon -- but 7% of anything is more than 7% of nothing!

Chris Christie on Gun Control

We already have too many firearms in our community

We already have too many firearms in our community In April 1993 Christie announced that he would challenge incumbent state senator John Dorsey, an 18-year lawmaker, in the Republican primary. It was a big and brassy move because Dorsey was the Senate majority leader. We already have too many firearms in our community NJ's ban on semiautomatic weapons. The ban was among the signature pieces of legislation passed.

"The issue which has energized me to get into this race is the recent attempt by certain Republican legislators to repeal NJ's ban on assault weapons.

Source: <a href="http://www.ontheissues.org/Christie_Rise.htm">Rise to Power, by B. Ingle & M. Symons, p. 45-46 , Jun 5, 2012

Yep.

CC will SIGN EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF SHT LEGISLATION that will soon come across his desk.

His 'reasoning' would probably go like this.

'These are "common sense" measures that is PART OF the solution to control violence. We have to NOW ADDRESS those other problems like violent video games and movies....'

CC is, to me, besides a 'RINO'. A CLASSIC *govern by focus group* politician.

Now, if he had any balls, CC would say, 'Look, as I've said before and I will say it again. NJ has enough gun laws. We need to address the many other problems associated w violence today.' <<<HIGHLY UNLIKELY CC WILL TAKE THIS ROUTE.

Today is Friday, February 22nd, 2013. I PREDICT CC WILL SIGN EVERYTHING, except 'home inspections' as a maybe.

If CC does, he would already know and throw in the towel for National Office as he will, by then, think that he will not win The Presidency (un-electable). He is smart enough to see that and not dumb enough to lose NJ sheep robotic bleed-heart voters in re-election as NJ Gov.

Living in this state for decades. One thing I have learned. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, expect the Worst, because that is exactly what we The People, will receive.

I hope to GOD, I am wrong. But I know I'm not wrong.

If Christie does veto some or all of these bills... it seems it may be just a temporary reprieve until a Democrat Governor is elected. Unless we can get a majority of NJ's population on our side or win a SCOTUS decision these things and more are coming our way.

We in the firearms community are making a lot of noise right now, but democrat's are used to noise, that's their tactic. They have no problem tuning us out. As long as they can keep control of their constituents by constantly feeding them mis-information we are going to stay outnumbered.

I wish a had a solution. Nevertheless, (like the rest of you) I will keep on fighting and spreading the word even though the outlook may be dim.

I'm fed up.

I haven't been this incensed in 20 years (when this crap last came up). Sent messages to both of my Republican Assemblymen, with the belief that even though the Dems have control, this would be a straight party-line vote and they'd vote Nay.

Well, I was wrong. I know they're both strong party hacks, so this vote surprises me even more. It's time - time to vote the lot of 'em out - and with the budget shennanigans going on in Washington, I'm now resolved - EVERY incumbant NEEDS to GO! I'm never voting for another hack.

Assemblymen Brown and Rudder,

Two days ago, I wrote the below email (..requesting rejection of the package of bills..) in the expectation that you both, as republican assemblymen, would see thru the democrat rhetoric and reject the knee-jerk package of bills that accomplish nothing to "protect" the public while increasing the burden on peaceful gunowners.

Congratulations - you have accomplished nothing for "public safety" - but you have helped increase the number of potential pitfalls for those that try to comply with New Jersey's arcane rules.

I will remember this disappointment in November.

Why hasn't the NRA gone after these ridiculous laws in one shot? Take them all to SCOTUS and get a ruling once and for all! Mag limits, conceal carry etc...

That was the most introspective comment I have read on the mag issue thus far.

Regardless of politics and God knows there is far too much of it in NJ, the real issue is the constitution and the preservation of our rights (all of them).

Lets face it. The NJ State Congress and many in the US Congress are complete idiots. They have no common sense and don't care about doing their job (representing us), they only care about the power they hold and their future in politics. i.e. getting re-elected.

Ultimately, this issue will not be tolerated by over 2/3 of the entire country. Take out the Northeast plus California, and the rest of the country is actually quite normal and GUN FRIENDLY.

Do you think for one moment that those 2/3rds will simply "accept" anything King Obomo declares as another "executive order" or signs anti gun laws?. Hell no. They will insist the issue is brought up to SCOTUS. Hell, Justice Alito already said this will have to be heard. That will truly be the end as there is no "appeal" process with that crew.

Thoughts?

Tom

I'd take anything he said 20 years ago with a grain of salt. 20 years ago, Congress gravely misjudged how pro-gun the country was. The AWB cost a lot of seats in the midterms, and Clinton admitted it was a mistake. Remember Clinton suggesting a limit of 200 rounds in anyone's house? Can you imagine someone suggesting that today at the national level? Remember Handgun Control Incorporated? They've since realized that handgun control is a dead issue and have since disguised their true agenda.

Surely, Christie also learned from all this and learned the country as a whole is quite gun friendly. A lot of people learned it, as witnessed by the fact that the Feinstein bill was essential DOA. 20 years ago, it wouldn't have been.

As for his weight, it's funny that people think it disqualifies him, because in 2008, people were saying that Obama's thinness was a liability, because Americans can relate better to people who look like them. Well, unfortunately, with every year, Christie is looking more and more normal. I'm slim and fit, and I have no problem with Christie's weight. After 8 years of O, I think people are going to welcome a straight shooter with a fiscally conservative outlook. He's going to be up against real pro-gun conservatives like Ted Cruz, so if he comes across as too anti-gun, he's finished.

I'd take anything he said 20 years ago with a grain of salt. 20 years ago, Congress gravely misjudged how pro-gun the country was. The AWB cost a lot of seats in the midterms, and Clinton admitted it was a mistake. Remember Clinton suggesting a limit of 200 rounds in anyone's house? Can you imagine someone suggesting that today at the national level? Remember Handgun Control Incorporated? They've since realized that handgun control is a dead issue and have since disguised their true agenda.

Surely, Christie also learned from all this and learned the country as a whole is quite gun friendly. A lot of people learned it, as witnessed by the fact that the Feinstein bill was essential DOA. 20 years ago, it wouldn't have been.

As for his weight, it's funny that people think it disqualifies him, because in 2008, people were saying that Obama's thinness was a liability, because Americans can relate better to people who look like them. Well, unfortunately, with every year, Christie is looking more and more normal. I'm slim and fit, and I have no problem with Christie's weight. After 8 years of O, I think people are going to welcome a straight shooter with a fiscally conservative outlook. He's going to be up against real pro-gun conservatives like Ted Cruz, so if he comes across as too anti-gun, he's finished.

New Jersey has, I've read, about the 2nd lowest firearm ownership rate of any state, only Hawaii is lower. But signing most of this fiasco will not go over well with Republican primary voters in Arizona, Texas and Louisiana. That's why I've been saying that I expect to see a ballet performance from a 350 pound guy that will put S.E. Cupp to shame. He just can't sign most of these bills. And he can't come across as a puppet of the NRA, either. (Which is what I think his early criticism of the NRA on Obama's kids' school guards was about.)

He's an unusually talented politician and skilled lawyer. I think he can pull this off. He's playing chess while the NJ Democrats are playing checkers.

He may be aiming directly at the White House but realistically his way to get there is via the Naval Observatory. I think his Jersey bluster would have worked as a VP for Romney and read that he was offered it and turned it down, because he didn't think Romney would win. Obama was in free-fall at the time, the economy was (and still is) in a death spiral, and I thought Romney was a shoo-in. Christie is a more astute political observer than I am -- and I'm a congenital political junkie. Christie is younger than he looks and he'll be 61 in 2024, younger than Hillary will be in 2016.

I think the weight thing is as much a Christie trademark as anything, like Sarah Palin's glasses. Roughly one third of Americans are obese and another third are overweight. His obesity shouldn't stop his political career, but obesity does generate negative responses, even among those who are obese themselves. If he ends up living at the Naval Observatory, we can be treated to eight years focusing on the trials and tribulations of weight loss -- as VP he won't have much else to do -- and this scenario is made-for-Oprah. He'll be a shoo-in in 2024.

Why hasn't the NRA done anything?

Why aren't there any pro-2A bills?

Why are they copying NY?

Why are they voting on things they don't even understand?

You have people here in this board, New Jersey Gun Forums, that want mandatory training for firearm ownership.  That want mandatory universal federal background checks for THE REST OF THE COUNTRY (not jersey).  You have people on this board that want universal registration.  You have people on this board that want psych evaluations for gun ownership.  You have people on this board that want to expand the federal disqualifications for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The best, most enthusiastic collection of RKBA activists that NJ has to offer.  And people ask why nobody else cares?  you expect other people to meet or even exceed your standards?  

The answer is in the mirror.  NJ culture is so anti-gun that even firearm enthusiasts are milktoast at best, and often downright dangerous to RKBA.  It's in the water.  Three generations of brainwashing.  It's in your genes.  

The Monkey Story

The experiment involved 5 monkeys, a cage, a banana, a ladder and, crucially, a water hose.

The 5 monkeys would be locked in a cage, after which a banana was hung from the ceiling with, fortunately for the monkeys (or so it seemed…), a ladder placed right underneath it.

Of course, immediately, one of the monkeys would race towards the ladder, intending to climb it and grab the banana. However, as soon as he would start to climb, the sadist (euphemistically called “scientist”) would spray the monkey with ice-cold water. In addition, however, he would also spray the other four monkeys…

When a second monkey was about to climb the ladder, the sadist would, again, spray the monkey with ice-cold water, and apply the same treatment to its four fellow inmates; likewise for the third climber and, if they were particularly persistent (or dumb), the fourth one. Then they would have learned their lesson: they were not going to climb the ladder again – banana or no banana.

In order to gain further pleasure or, I guess, prolong the experiment, the sadist outside the cage would then replace one of the monkeys with a new one. As can be expected, the new guy would spot the banana, think “why don’t these idiots go get it?!” and start climbing the ladder. Then, however, it got interesting: the other four monkeys, familiar with the cold-water treatment, would run towards the new guy – and beat him up. The new guy, blissfully unaware of the cold-water history, would get the message: no climbing up the ladder in this cage – banana or no banana.

When the beast outside the cage would replace a second monkey with a new one, the events would repeat themselves – monkey runs towards the ladder; other monkeys beat him up; new monkey does not attempt to climb again – with one notable detail: the first new monkey, who had never received the cold-water treatment himself (and didn’t even know anything about it), would, with equal vigour and enthusiasm, join in the beating of the new guy on the block.

When the researcher replaced a third monkey, the same thing happened; likewise for the fourth until, eventually, all the monkeys had been replaced and none of the ones in the cage had any experience or knowledge of the cold-water treatment.

Then, a new monkey was introduced into the cage. It ran toward the ladder only to get beaten up by the others. Yet, this monkey turned around and asked “why do you beat me up when I try to get the banana?” The other four monkeys stopped, looked at each other slightly puzzled and, finally, shrugged their shoulders: “Don’t know. But that’s the way we do things around here."

Why hasn't the NRA done anything?

Why aren't there any pro-2A bills?

Why are they copying NY?

Why are they voting on things they don't even understand?

You have people here in this board, New Jersey Gun Forums, that want mandatory training for firearm ownership. That want mandatory universal federal background checks for THE REST OF THE COUNTRY (not jersey). You have people on this board that want universal registration. You have people on this board that want psych evaluations for gun ownership. You have people on this board that want to expand the federal disqualifications for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The best, most enthusiastic collection of RKBA activists that NJ has to offer. And people ask why nobody else cares? you expect other people to meet or even exceed your standards?

The answer is in the mirror. NJ culture is so anti-gun that even firearm enthusiasts are milktoast at best, and often downright dangerous to RKBA. It's in the water. Three generations of brainwashing. It's in your genes.

Not me. I will not compromise on my rights, or anyone else's for that matter.

BTW, there are pro-gun bills that have been introduced. Just like every other year, they get referred to the law and public safety committee run by "it takes me 30 seconds to change a magazine" Mainer and they never get any further. No amount of money or push from the NRA is going to change that. The only thing that will change the types of laws that get through the NJ legislature is to change said legislature. I think that NJ2AS's approach of starting to run our own candidates is our best bet. It may take years to get some of them in place, but if we remain committed, I believe we can fundamentally change the political landscape in NJ. And the best piece of advice that I've seen on this front is that we are going to have to run some candidates as Democrats. Many people in this state pull the lever for a particular party, so if we infiltrate that party, we increase our chances for success. :good:

General rant, not personal. It's frustrating.

It's like I always say. We won't win by convincing people guns are good. We can only win by convincing people guns are normal. There is no place in jersey that is so much different than a hundred places I can find where people not only own but carry guns and it causes no problems.

Invite people shooting. Be a good ambassador. Let me tell you, if it wasn't for the rise of the internet, we'd be toast right now. With as many wackos in our country that have gone complete commie, we have just as many that now take the Bill of Rights seriously and consider firearm ownership and carry normal, fun, and advisable. On the national level, our politicians aren't protecting us. It's the new generation of gun owners that have them thinking twice.

Go find your lost sheep and bring them back to the flock.