macPSU

Hello from Monmouth County

Hi all, I'm pretty much brand new to the sport (what a time to start...) and just signed up here at NJGF. I've only been to the range a couple of times with a buddy and his father, but I was immediately hooked and applied for an FID a few years ago. For whatever reasons I never purchased anything with it. In light of recent events, I decided it was time to make some purchases before any crazy legislation has the chance to pass through Congress.

In the past few weeks I've joined the NRA, NJ2AS, and GOA, and I purchased my first gun, a Colt MT6400 rifle. As soon as I can find some 5.56 magazines and ammo at a reasonable price, I'll be joining a range (most likely CJRPC) and taking a beginner's class or two. I'm also planning to submit an application for a few handgun permits later this week, but who knows when I'll have those permits in-hand.

I'm looking forward to learning and can't wait to get to the range with my new rifle. Maybe I'll see a few of you out there.

-Mike