Sign in to follow this  
Granby140@aol.com

Cabelas reloading supplies

I don't really see any powder or primers listed on their site anymore except for shotgun. I'm going to guess the order backlog is so large that there is no point listing it. They may have something at the store, but I would bet most of it is sold out.

The online store leaves it up to the individual store during times like these. They sometimes have it in stock BUT I got a text from a friend that they do, I called cabelas and asked. The reply was, "we're not gonna answer that you have to come in to find out." Screw that. It's an hour and a half drive...

Mike

I don't really see any powder or primers listed on their site anymore except for shotgun. I'm going to guess the order backlog is so large that there is no point listing it. They may have something at the store, but I would bet most of it is sold out.

When things run low, the store is always worth a shot IF yo are near there anyway. Also, always snag someone in the gun area, but NOT at the counter to see if what you want is in back. Especially powder. They get more powder than they have shelf space for, and with the hoards of locusts, it's not always getting on the shelf as soon as the shelf empties. I've never had much luck with asking about bullets, but I have with powder and primers in the previous shortages. For primers always ask for anything you can use. Like if you need small pistol, ask for SP, SP magnum, SR, and the match versions of those.

The online store leaves it up to the individual store during times like these. They sometimes have it in stock BUT I got a text from a friend that they do, I called cabelas and asked. The reply was, "we're not gonna answer that you have to come in to find out." Screw that. It's an hour and a half drive...

Mike

that's still better than getting a "yes, he have plenty" then finding out there's none when you get to the store. Happened to me. :(

I was there last Monday. It was picked clean. No powder. Shotgun primers only. No reloading dies for 9, 40, 45, 223 or many other calibers. The only reloading press was a single starter kit.

As for ammo, it was pretty much the same. The only 308 ammo was the steel stuff. They had 2 big bulk boxes of Aguila 22lr and a few small boxes. No 9, 40, or 45 ammo in stock.

AE 223 was selling at 12.99/box. I left with not much.

I was at Cabelas yesterday.

No primers , but there was powder. Some relaoding dies mostly for typical hunting calibers, buts and pieces of other reloading stuff. Varmint bullets mostly , not 223.

Ammo on the shelves gone........and going......as the staff was breaking out boxes and stocking on shelves people would pick it up ( 38 special)

Only ammo they had plenty of in stock on the shelves

7.62x39 .....Herters at 7.50$ for a box of 20

10mm PMC for 35$ a box

.....tons of Federak American Eagle 30-06 made for Garand label at 25$ for 20

.....tons of 7.62Nagant at 25$ for 50

I was at Cabela's yesterday I picked up a RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit. They just put out some dies for 223, no shell holders though need #10. Bullets are gone for all the popular loads. I milled around and ate a Angus burger upstairs and came back and there was a shopping cart full of cci large rifle primers and 4 boxes of Remington 7 1/2 bench rest primers. SO I got some primers and only got one pound of IMR 4895. Had finances cooperated I would have went out and came back in a couple of times to get all that powder. This was a Wednesday so I may have just caught them at just the right time.