Sign in to follow this  
darrenlobo

Defending Gun Rights With Civil Disobedience

The gun owners of New Jersey have had enough! They’ve tried asking for their rights, they’ve tried protesting in the streets. It’s not working. The tyrants in Trenton are going to take their gun rights away regardless. Seeing that “There *IS* no redress of our LEGITIMATE grievances within the three branches of NJ government.” The New Jersey Second Amendment Society has announced the start of a campaign of civil disobedience. “In a SINCERE effort to avoid an unhappy outcome, we must attempt to reach the public through acts of non-violent civil disobedience. This is not easy and it will take time, but the alternative at this point is much less attractive.” They are right and deserve our support.

(snip)

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2013/03/defending-gun-rights-with-civil.html

Maybe you need to lurk awhile to "learn" how this board functions. Your posts in this thread bring nothing original to the table - all you do is quote and link. I'm sorry, this isn't a personal vendetta, but anyone can cut & paste or just include multiple links in a post. If you want to become a functional part of this forum, express your opinions and observations, write something that encompasses some original thought.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The gun owners of New Jersey have had enough! They’ve tried asking for their rights, they’ve tried protesting in the streets. It’s not working. The tyrants in Trenton are going to take their gun rights away regardless. Seeing that “There *IS* no redress of our LEGITIMATE grievances within the three branches of NJ government.” The New Jersey Second Amendment Society has announced the start of a campaign of civil disobedience. “In a SINCERE effort to avoid an unhappy outcome, we must attempt to reach the public through acts of non-violent civil disobedience. This is not easy and it will take time, but the alternative at this point is much less attractive.” They are right and deserve our support.

(snip)

http://theinternatio...with-civil.html

Where did you see NJ2A announcing a campaing of civil disobidience?

Where and who's site is that? Unless NJ2AS wrote that, they're using their logo to do what? Discredit them? Someone get Frank in here. So, again... What the Frack!!!

I checked Frank's site and see nothing about this....

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Dude, explain to us how, if you are writing that blog, you made a statement in the NJ2AS's name? Using their logo? Who are you and in what capacity do you represent NJ2AS or any of us for that matter?

Those of you that don't think the civil disobedience I've outlined will work, what better solution can you suggest?

Typos courtesy Apple...

As a nj2as member I did get an e-mail regarding a civil disobidience approach. Frank even sent out a revision for people that were confused by the original e-mail. I'm not validating the blog post, just the fact that this approach has been discussed by the society.

As a nj2as member I did get an e-mail regarding a civil disobidience approach. Frank even sent out a revision for people that were confused by the original e-mail. I'm not validating the blog post, just the fact that this approach has been discussed by the society.

Discussed yes..and still in Discussion..AFAIK the OP has no authorization from Frank, Bob, or anyone on the board to be using the Society's name or Logo, nor has he claimed here to have gotten authorization. this could pose a problem

You would literally give antigun america ammo. The biggest problem in N.J. is the lack of real true old American culture. Many people didn't grow up with the memory's of a father, uncle, big brother taking them outside with their first BB gun. Going to the range to shoot the 22. Enjoying the sport or at least not fearing it. Civil disobedience just lets the people with no knowledge of fire arms look at us like more redneck trouble. It also give them reason to fear us and an excuse to flex the muscle a little more on control.

The best way to accomplish what we want is to educate EVERYONE we can. Not with heated arguments but with good debate. Or an invite to shoot the first 22. Lack of fear and understanding will go a lot further. Trust me I'm just as pissed as the rest of you guys. This country is headed to the shitter and we the once feared and respected nation are quickly becoming the ass end of a bad joke to the rest of the world. Christ Canadians are laughing at us, the ones that ran north are laughing at our weakness and lack of morality.

The only other way to change things in our current times is greasing some pockets (typical new American way) or straight out dog fight (old american way) and we don't want to do either of those things. Although that sometimes is the only way things change once stuck in a cycle. You will never come to my door and take what is mine but I do not want fighting in the streets

Paul, Johnp..... I don't recall this email and I've checked my spam folder. Nuttin' honey. So you can see why I got upset with this. But still. You should not see this on someones blog when it's not on the NJ2AS site, no? If he wanted it to go public, they would I'd think.

Did you not get an email about training for this from NJ2AS?

Paul, Johnp..... I don't recall this email and I've checked my spam folder. Nuttin' honey. So you can see why I got upset with this. But still. You should not see this on someones blog when it's not on the NJ2AS site, no? If he wanted it to go public, they would I'd think.

If it helps the emails were sent out on Feb 24 & 25th. I agree with KpdPipes I think this was a communication to the NJ2AS membership, not the general public.

I agree... I got to see if Frank will resend the final draft unless someone here can PM it to me... But like KpdPipes says... It's not the OP's decision. Something like this in public could be misconstrued.

If it helps the emails were sent out on Feb 24 & 25th. I agree with KpdPipes I think this was a communication to the NJ2AS membership, not the general public.

Where did you see NJ2A announcing a campaing of civil disobidience?

NJ2AS Needs Trainers for Non-Violent Civil Disobedience

Published on Monday, February 25, 2013

Tags:Frank Jack Fiamingo|Gun Activists|New Jersey|New Jersey Citizens Defense League|NJ2AS|Protests

New-Jersey-Second-Amendment-Society-Logo.jpg

New Jersey Second Amendment Society

New Jersey --(Ammoland.com)- I want everyone to get ready for a new round of Rallies and Hearings.

We have a little time to breathe and prepare since Senator Sweeney seems to want to wait until April.

Those people who are predisposed to do so, PLEASE start reading up on the techniques of NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/nj2as-needs-trainers-for-non-violent-civil-disobedience/#ixzz2MUGPQxBT

That is still not the NJ2AS site. Show me a link there. I'm not disputing it wasn't written, I just don't see Frank or anyone making it public outside of the members.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong...I understand you want to help, but if it's not sanctioned by NJ2AS themselves, nobody should be republishing their agendas.

I agree... I got to see if Frank will resend the final draft unless someone here can PM it to me... But like KpdPipes says... It's not the OP's decision. Something like this in public could be misconstrued.

I'll do so Bhunt. For the record Frank has spoken to him about it, and it's been addressed..no need to beat this around any further.

Thanx for the heads up... :)

I'll do so Bhunt. For the record Frank has spoken to him about it, and it's been addressed..no need to beat this around any further.

Typos courtesy Apple...