Shawnmoore81

Bought a .22ar

Its a great gun, you'll love it. Check out the S&W forums for details on what to do if you have the "bolt doesnt stay open on last round" problem. Try not to go cheap on the ammo when you're breaking it in or you might have some FTE's. You might also have to bend the ejector in just a tad to help with that. Also, the biggest cause of FTL's is you not putting the rounds on the magazine properly. Stagger them properly.

I got federal gameshok, federal American eagle, Winchester varmint, and cci hyper velocity as far as premium .22.

And

Blazer, remington subsonic and remington thunder bolt as far a cheap

But I'm gonna grab some tactical .22 ammo this week. But I'm guessing some of those copper coated one will be fine

I've never had any issues with CCI AR Tactical after the initial break in. That's what I use for all my .22 matches because the gun loves it.

Just sold mine but I had around 2500 rounds through it. I used mostly the CCI AR Tactical but it would eat anything, even the cheap stuff. Not one hiccup.

It was a fun little plinker for sure.

what i did was set mine up like my ar but with a vortex not the high$$$ aimpoint and also a 3x magnifier. My Taccom i have coming is gonna have a scope on it. Forget what make it is. My thought is keep it similar to practice and have the feel of the AR

I've really been looking at a taccom build over these, any reason so many of you guys run these instead of the taccom builds, or say a 22 conversion? I've been on the fence about these a ton and have been going back and forth. The S&W seems to be super popular here on the boards and selling for quite a premium.

I didn't want a conversion just because I didn't want to lose an ar while shooting the .22. I went with the s&w for a few reasons. I liked my m&p-15, s&w doesn't build crap and I could just drive and buy it. They had s&w and mossberg in stock. They also had 2 other 15-22's there. A magpul version and a performance center edition. I debated on buying one an converting to nj legal but there is only so much I'm willing to spend on a .22. I got there right in time though because the guy behind me was there for a .22 ar and ended up having to buy the mossberg.