410guy

Info about the new NICS situation

Interesting thread over at newjerseyhunter about this issue.

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/73-general-comments-information/144165-new-nics-jersey.html

Apparently the state NICS phone service was discontinued, hence why they are only accepting faxes now. Nobody knows if/when it will ever go back to a phone system. So in essence, we now have a defacto waiting period in NJ until further notice.

And supposedly a private company now does the NICS checks in NJ instead of the state police.

It's starting to feel like the state is doing everything in its power to make gun owners completely miserable... so that we either give up and get rid of our guns, or move out of state. I just hope i can escape this communist dump someday.

False. The phone service was no discontinued. The billing company and system changed but their is still a phone number, its just not working.

The NICS checks are still being run by the state police examiners, we just switched to a different 3rd part billing company. The faxes are routed to a 609 NJSP number and the approvals are still being called back by the same NICS examiners.

I fax multiple checks in a day, trust me I know haha.

Steve, Paul?

This entire mechanism that NJ puts on top of the federal system is absurd. It's a tax, a de-facto waiting period, descrimintory to disabled citzens wanting to become an FFL and illegal.

How any legislator can say this works better with a straight face is beyond me. E-Check!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/e-check

This entire mechanism that NJ puts on top of the federal system is absurd. It's a tax, a de-facto waiting period, descrimintory to disabled citzens wanting to become an FFL and illegal.

How any legislator can say this works better with a straight face is beyond me. E-Check!

http://www.fbi.gov/a...censees/e-check

This is NJ, lets be realistic, the whole idea is to raise $ from it...

This is NJ, lets be realistic, the whole idea is to raise $ from it...

Ding ding ding! Winner! Except every time they get the government involved they somehow manage to lose money on moneymakers. It's just like NY's OTB. How exactly do you LOSE money on a horse racing scheme?

Ok i'll bite. What substantiation do you have to make such a claim?

Illegal- they consistently break their own statutory time limits. Not to mention the Brady bill requirements concerning "instant"

As for the discriminatory aspect of the current system on the disabled... Give me a minute...

Illegal- they consistently break their own statutory time limits. Not to mention the Brady bill requirements concerning "instant"

What statutory time limits are you speaking about?

I work at 2 different FFL dealers. This isnt my first rodeo.

If you're referring to the 3 day Brady time period in which a gun can be released after contact with NICS is initiated, its slightly more complicated than that. You need to receive a "delayed" response and then the 3 full business days clock starts as can be read here. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/a-nics-delay