bhunted

Southern BBQ

Ain't no hiding I love bbq for folks who know me. It's not easy find a good place up around here. But when I'm out west or down south, I'm always looking.

Through Tommy Z from Cromagnation, I found this place online that delivers....

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

Anyone familiar with them? Anyone know of any good places here in NJ or other places that deliver?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm always looking and trying new places, been for years, unfortunately I haven't found anything worthy of a mention.

I ended up just getting my own smoker and started to do my own. Yeah it can be/is time comsuming but so worth the wait for fall off the bones ribs, pulled pork, chicken/turkeys and the special treat Bacon Explosion (2 lbs each of bacon and sausage). Besides if you get the right crowd, you drink some beers, BS on all the favorite topics and drool while it's cooking.

Yea, thought about that. But it's just my wife and I and sux cooking or two. So when we get a chance to eat something different, we like to go out.... Tired of the same old food.

I'm always looking and trying new places, been for years, unfortunately I haven't found anything worthy of a mention.

I ended up just getting my own smoker and started to do my own. Yeah it can be/is time comsuming but so worth the wait for fall off the bones ribs, pulled pork, chicken/turkeys and the special treat Bacon Explosion (2 lbs each of bacon and sausage). Besides if you get the right crowd, you drink some beers, BS on all the favorite topics and drool while it's cooking.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Thanx! Looks good. Must have driven passed it quite a few times and never saw it.

Here is their website or anyone else interested, but we will def try it.

http://www.bourbonbbq.com/

Bourbon bbq on goffle road in hawthorne delivers locally.

Pretty good food. My wife and i split their garbage platter and still have leftovers!

Typos courtesy Apple...

I've never found good BBQ in NJ. Lets face it, BBQ is a 12-16 affair. If a restaurant really wants to serve proper BBQ they have to get into gear at about 10PM to be ready for lunch the next day...and then keep it going all night to have something for the dinner crowd. Someone has to be there to keep the smoker going. It's not in the north-eat culture to work all night for BBQ.

BTW, Hard 8 in the DFW area is about the best you'll ever find on planet earth.

No trip back home is complete without at least one visit (and nap) to:

The Salt Lick

Another good choice, but not quite as good as they used to be:

County Line BBQ

Both places have great BBQ, they will deliver to your door, and if you ever find yourself in Texas, they have all-you-can-eat (as good BBQ should be). Enjoy.

The only decent BBQ I've found around here is in Highland Falls, NY, at a place called BBQ King. Pretty damn good for Yankee grub. I'll post a link if I can find it, but it's near West Point Military Academy.

This it? http://www.thebarbequeking.com/

I'm by WP quite often the warmer months. Have to heck it out..

No trip back home is complete without at least one visit (and nap) to:

The Salt Lick

Another good choice, but not quite as good as they used to be:

County Line BBQ

Both places have great BBQ, they will deliver to your door, and if you ever find yourself in Texas, they have all-you-can-eat (as good BBQ should be). Enjoy.

The only decent BBQ I've found around here is in Highland Falls, NY, at a place called BBQ King. Pretty damn good for Yankee grub. I'll post a link if I can find it, but it's near West Point Military Academy.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Did you try this place yet? Because we are limited here, I'm willing to try it...

Here is their video.... Sounds and looks good.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5nhcTGFLbCA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=5nhcTGFLbCA

I've never found good BBQ in NJ. Lets face it, BBQ is a 12-16 affair. If a restaurant really wants to serve proper BBQ they have to get into gear at about 10PM to be ready for lunch the next day...and then keep it going all night to have something for the dinner crowd. Someone has to be there to keep the smoker going. It's not in the north-eat culture to work all night for BBQ.

BTW, Hard 8 in the DFW area is about the best you'll ever find on planet earth.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Ain't no hiding I love bbq for folks who know me. It's not easy find a good place up around here. But when I'm out west or down south, I'm always looking.

Through Tommy Z from Cromagnation, I found this place online that delivers....

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

Anyone familiar with them? Anyone know of any good places here in NJ or other places that deliver?

Dreamland is awesome!!! I used to eat there all the time in Alabama.

There's a good bbq joint in NYC called Dinosaur BBQ, I haven't been there in a few years but IIRC food was good and alot of traditional southern sides.

There's also a great Portuguese BBQ place in Union called Burnett BBQ. Really good chicken and ribs served over yellow rice with fries.

Great, guess we'll have to send them an order... They seem reasonable. But looking forward to the Bourbon one too.

Our HOG chapter goes there quite a bit. Think here is one in NY State too somewhere. I won't go to the city anymore unless I have to. Especially as of late.

There use to be a few Brazilian BBQs around here. Mostly owned by Asians believe it or not. Good for finding meat you can't find elsewhere but no way the same as southern...

There's a good bbq joint in NYC called Dinosaur BBQ, I haven't been there in a few years but IIRC food was good and alot of traditional southern sides.

There's also a great Portuguese BBQ place in Union called Burnett BBQ. Really good chicken and ribs served over yellow rice with fries.

Typos courtesy Apple...

There's a Dinosaur BBQ in Newark its on raymond blvd.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/locations/newark/

Ya have to depend on the owners being transplants or someone that follows tradition. No other way around it.

Jersey has some of the best food in the US in a broad spectrum of categories, but BBQ is probably not something we excel at when compared with the traditional regions.

Typos courtesy Apple...

The ones that come up on the food blogs:

Local smoke in Cookstown.

Brother Jimmy's in New Brunswick.

Local Smoke in Neptune.

Jersey Shore BBQ in Belmar.

I've not eaten in any but please stay away from Ed's in Matawan and Dave's everywhere.........

Great, guess we'll have to send them an order... They seem reasonable. But looking forward to the Bourbon one too.

Our HOG chapter goes there quite a bit. Think here is one in NY State too somewhere. I won't go to the city anymore unless I have to. Especially as of late.

There use to be a few Brazilian BBQs around here. Mostly owned by Asians believe it or not. Good for finding meat you can't find elsewhere but no way the same as southern...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Well, yeah, I love Port and Brazilian, especially Rodizio, but that's my experience. Rodizio and seafood and stews. Never had anything resembling the US stuff myself.

Don the gas masks... Think we need to do a dino run one of these days...

I was going to put another vote for Dino too

Don't know about the new location!

Time for some deviled eggs & BBQ!!

Typos courtesy Apple...

We'll need armed personnel outside though...

NJGF meet up at Dinosaur BBQ? I'm down.

Typos courtesy Apple...

The Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem is pretty good but can't hold a candle to the original location in Syracuse! That one is a true BBQ dive bar (with a 2hr minimum wait) while the one in Harlem just tries to be. Definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the Salt City for any reason.

hell...if we're going to Newark we might as well dine at Rio Rodizio or even better Seabra's Marishqueira. Better food,better parking and you don't need a armed guard to get to your car.

Texas BBQ.... Hill Country in Chealsea NYC.