Applied for non-resident CT carry permit; they sent it back with a note that it was incomplete due to "identification card' ineligible". I had followed the instructions and included a copy of my NJ FID to satisfy "A copy of the permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued to you by a recognized United States jurisdiction;"

Has anyone dealt with this? Is NJ FID not accepted? Is it because it's a Purchaser card not a carry permit? Or because it doesn't have an expiration date? Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

Since PA no longer accepts FL non-res ccw I would suggest looking into getting your Utah ccw. Equal amount of states covered and cheaper renewal fees.

Yeah - why post about an FL ccw not being valid in PA when these guys are talking about CT? What relevance did it have to the discussion? OP obviously HAS a FL CCW already so why are you advocating his getting of a UT ccw for CT? Where's the logic? Oh I see - the renewal is cheaper so he should go and SPEND MONEY and take a UT specific course AND spend money on an additional CCW when he already has a FL. Sorry still not seeing the logic...

Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

OP obviously HAS a FL CCW already so why are you advocating his getting of a UT ccw for CT? Where's the logic? Oh I see - the renewal is cheaper so he should go and SPEND MONEY and take a UT specific course AND spend money on an additional CCW when he already has a FL. Sorry still not seeing the logic...

Re-read the bolded portions.

I was giving the OP, who is new here, other options besides getting a FL ccw. Most people on here have a non-resident ccw so they can carry when traveling outside of nj. Seeing as how PA is destination for many of us, and our closest free state, having a non-resident ccw that PA accepts seems important.

I guess it could be taken either way but if it is the way I understand it. I was simply offering different advice. Still no reason to delete my post for trying to offer advice. And no reason for your attitude.

Is NJ FID not accepted?

It is not.

Is it because it's a Purchaser card not a carry permit?

That is correct.

Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

Yes that would work.

CT is a shall issue state in practice. Once you follow their instructions EXACTLY you will not have a problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By SMOKIE901
      Can anyone who has a FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit explain the details on how it is done to obtain?
    • By ChrisJM981
      Watch for progress on the Rogers & ANJRPC CCW case vs NJ AG, et al. 
      This was listed in another thread, but I thought it will need it's own space to avoid hijacking Rosey's CNJFO thread. 

https://certpool.com/dockets/18-824?fbclid=IwAR2GBSTRnMnR15m914PMdkd7IYl3vrwjPPAXmw-Mt2Pgz1todMU5Gcc17cY

What are your thoughts? I think we're going to Washington!
    • By stuckinNJ
      https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week

please take 60 seconds to call your reps, BOTH Republicans and Dems, urging their support. It seriously takes seconds. 
      No excuses
    • By fslater
      Hi Everyone
      I just Read the article in the Political report in Shooting Illustrated about The July ruling By the US Court Of Appeals that found DC's "good reason" to be granted a CCW unconstitutional. Wouldn't the conflicting rulings between the DC Federal Court and the Jersey District Federal court force the SCOUS to a hearing to resolve the conflict? This is old news from back in July I'm just hearing about now. If its already been discussed  please direct me to the thread.
      Thanks
    • By CJ Broz
      Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  
      I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

• I use an Alien Gear cloak tuck (IWB) with my Shield.  Neoprene back - in the summer it does feel warm but doesn't rub or chafe.   https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-iwb-holster.html Could also go with the shapeshift as it has multiple options - OWB/IWB, Appendix... https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html
    • The  12-1 compression ratio L88 is long gone. This is GM's updated version. it might be  pump gas 10-1 engine The L88 was a aluminum head  cast iron block engine with a nasty solid lifter cam. the  ZL1 was a all aluminum  12 or 13-1 compression ratio engine with the best forged internal parts at the time and had a even nastier solid lifter cam 
    • I like my regular carry holster.  OWB leather with belt slots.  I've been carrying for over a year and it was comfortable and I hardly even noticed it.  I carry (usually) a Ruger LCP .380 - light, convenient, tiny. But...today I ended up taking it off an leaving it home after a few hours. I cut down a big maple tree a few days ago and I spent 3/4 of today loading and unloading firewood into the back of my truck and a trailer.  It was a warm day, I was dirty, tired, sweaty, and my holster was rubbing against my side.  The leather and exposed metal snap was no longer comfortable. I'm thinking about adding a layer of something to that part of the holster to soften the contact.  Anything insulating will make it worse.  I don't want a sweaty, hotter holster against my skin.  I'm imagining something thin, breathable, that won't absorb sweat, and softer than leather, metal snaps, and rivets.   But I have no idea what would work. I'm hoping somebody else has already figured this out and I can just do what they did. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • Check the primers on the ammo you didn't shoot yet. Are they fully seated? If the primer is not just below flush with the back of the case, the first hit can seat it better then the second hit ignites it. 
    • And, charging your car at home? We've got you covered! California braces for new electric plan: Make more, pay more | Fox Business