dtown223

Has the AR "bubble" burst?

Checking around on Gunbroker, looking at ammo and lowers, etc

LOTS of lowers at douche prices not getting bid on (noveske & other high end lowers still getting $$$$ though)

Decent amount of .223/5.56 ammo not getting snatched up at 99c a round.

Can't wait to hear what a moron I am for not having the foresight/finances to buy 30k rds of ammo before the SHTF.

Maybe, just maybe....

The stranglehold is loosening?

Now if somebody could just explain why NJGF members are breaking their necks to stock up on mags that in 3 months will either be:

1-illegal

2-more readily available

Looking at the whole picture between the lowers, uppers and complete rifles it seems they are becoming more available but still at slightly marked up compared to before. When it comes to ammo I did notice on gunbroker, Gunbot.net that only the higher price stuff is left but reasonable priced is selling like hot cakes

I think the madness is dying down a little, I have been seeing alot ar lowers coming back in stores and some ammo too... I have an ar lower that's waiting to be built, But just holding off until prices come down a little more...

I think that prices are coming down considerably on common firearms, but ammo is still selling quite high. The only places that seem to have it cheap are the big retailers that get it in then sell it right out again. Im in MA right now and the bass pro shop had ammo in most calibers in stock for reasonable prices.

Prices were mixed today at the armory. I think shotguns have come down some but are not where they were prior. AKs were still over 1K. AR were easily over that. Guy with Canadian Colts ARs said $1200 for me. I didn't bother looking at ammo. I did see a box of CCI 500 for $32 bucks. Mags were still stupid high. Jerky was non nom nom

I think that prices are coming down considerably on common firearms, but ammo is still selling quite high. The only places that seem to have it cheap are the big retailers that get it in then sell it right out again. Im in MA right now and the bass pro shop had ammo in most calibers in stock for reasonable prices.

are you taking ammo orders?..lol

post-5420-136417574498_thumb.jpg

post-5420-136417575901_thumb.jpg

At shore shot today. Yes, there was 2 AR's on the rack, but at 2000 ++

I once heard a commentator on a radio program talking about gas prices. And he equated the public as a the Pump Chumps!!! It has already been demonstrated that people will pay. Once prices are up, don't expect them to come back down to pre panic levels...

I once heard a commentator on a radio program talking about gas prices. And he equated the public as a the Pump Chumps!!! It has already been demonstrated that people will pay. Once prices are up, don't expect them to come back down to pre panic levels...

they will, it always happens plus you have everyone running at near full capacity so we will see a glut of supply in the future. This is especially true with the gun ban winding down

they will, it always happens plus you have everyone running at near full capacity so we will see a glut of supply in the future. This is especially true with the gun ban winding down

Nahhhhh, Our "disillusioned" attorney General will just start running another Fast and Furious program.... :rolleyes:

we will know when the bubble has popped when assholes stop saying "for my time and trouble" in sales adds.

Oh god, I hate that so much. So many douches online. There was some guy on armslist charging $800 for a Ruger 10/22 with a 525 brick and a scope (the scope was nowhere near good enough to warrant the price, and it was a STANDARD 10/22. Not to mention some of the absolutely outrageous prices I've seen for .22LR.

are you taking ammo orders?..lol

Yeah man

Lol. Im pretty stocked for myself but if I can make it back there before I leave I will pick up whatever I can and put it up in wts for whatever I pay. I was with a co worker and didnt really want to start buying up ammo at the time.

They'll come down. Maybe not to the $50 lower type of slae prices, but they will come down a lot. It's not like gasoline, you don't necessarily NEED more. In previous panics, 5.56 was $400-$700 a case. It took a bit, but in between this and the last, it wasn't hard to come by at $249 for a while. Adjust for inflation and commodities prices from the time I could buy the same case of ammo for only $190, and that $249 was dirt cheap. I suspect the razors will have a precipitous drop. The razor blades will take a while longer even if just because at some point, people will start shooting more than hoarding as the price drops, and it'll hold at that threshold for a bit.