david8613

who has the most affordable car insurance?

I'm with Progressive and only pay about 134 a month.

Breakdown of coverage:

15K/30K Bodily Injury

5k Disability liability

15K/30K for uninsured/under insured

Collision with $500 deductible

Thats all for a 1990 Ford F150, and I'm 21. So it'll probably go down in a couple months or so. Hopefully.

You have basically the lowest limits possible, thats why you "only" pay 134/m. When you get a little older and have some assets (or if you do now) increase those limits ASAP

NJM is the best.

Having had my first "real" accident this year when a woman in PA rear-ended me, I can wholeheartedly agree. The adjuster was right on the money, the initial payment was quick, and subrogation was completed quickly so that I got my full deductible back already and the accident happened in late January... I have nothing but good to say about them.

I will throw one in that we use that I haven't seen: CURE insurance.

Wife (28) and myself (30) have it. We have '10 BMW x3 and a brand new Sonata for me. We selected middle of the road for everything (not the lowest but not the highest for collision,comp and liability). We also have rental reimbursement for $30 x30days and $1k deductible all the way around.

$1600 a year (a few bucks under that) for everything fully insured for 1 year (no not 6 month policy).

Every time I call I get a real person and really like their customer service.

Check them out!

Ps- they don't care about jobs/degrees/credit. Only your driving record and that's that... and I really think out of principle, that's all they should care about. Not if I have a bachelors or masters degree or if I have a big mortgage or not. My 0.02.

Wow!!! Where the hell do you guys live? These rates sound like they are for NYC. They are super expensive! $4000/year for ONE car?

I pay $1100 for two vehicles per 6 months, full comprehensive and collision, 100/300 on each and $150 deductible on comprehensive. I also have $3000 custom equipment coverage on the van too.

I've had one at fault accident in 2010, one comprehensive in 2012 (hit a deer) and one ticket with 2 points (improper lane change) in 2012.

It's with Progressive, and I'm not happy about that but they've treated me well.

+100 for USAA. They might be a little more expensive than NJM, but they have FANTASTIC service.

If you qualify definitely get a quote from USAA. Great customer service.

I am young, have a 2009 Jeep GC, full coverage costs me $1300 a year.

My daughter works for State Farm. She still keeps USAA. No company comes close to meeting their price. When you get a quote from them you also have to consider the rebates you get to your subscribers savings account which are usually about 20% of your premium.

It's all based on a few factors. Where you live and driving record. They have maps with different zones setup based on stats. If your in an area were there is a lot of accidents and theft it's higher. I've shopped around as well. NJM was the highest, then State Farm, lib mutual and so on. Allstate was the cheapest at $2200 for 2 new cars full coverage.