matyb123

AR selector/safety switch?

Does anyone have an upgraded selector switch they are just gaga over?

The standard one is pretty fine but having thoughts about switching it out with my new lower...

Someof them are VERY pricey that's why I wanted to ask opinions and if anyone knows if one that just takes the cake!

Thanks as always guys

I have a BAD-ASS lever (Battle Arms Development - Ambi Safety Selector) and I'm pretty happy with it.

Am I "gaga" over it..? Not really. But it does have a buttery smooth feel when I switch it around, plus I it's cerakoted FDE which made my rifle look more tacti-cool. =)

Does anyone have an upgraded selector switch they are just gaga over?

The standard one is pretty fine but having thoughts about switching it out with my new lower...

Someof them are VERY pricey that's why I wanted to ask opinions and if anyone knows if one that just takes the cake!

Thanks as always guys

Looks like you answered your own question. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Battle Arms Development makes nice ones if you're looking to change things up a bit. The part itself is pretty cheap so you can also purchase a spare and use a Dremel to come up with your own design. For the safety lever through, I would keep it as simple as possible because the main thing you want to worry about is how it FUNCTIONS and that it works properly.

although this does not really help you... I have thought about the same.. pretty sure I want an ambidextrous safety on the SBR build I did... I shoot with both right and left hand.. and want to be able to go safe easier when in the opposite hand.. that is the one advantage if you are using the gun in that way...

Some things are better left alone. In my opinion you are better off getting used to only one type of safety so if you switch guns or borrow one at the range you don't fumble with the safety. For lefties I know it might suck a bit, but I've seen more lefties do bad things with "ambi" parts that create more problems then they solve.

I mostly shoot with my right side but when I go to my left I would rather operate the gun in the way that I naturally operate.... as opposed to having my mind thinking oh that is the left side.. that works differently.. same finger works the safety on either side..

sure the drawback is if I borrow someones gun.. but you can say that about any gun that is not identical to yours.. if you have enough range time on a specific gun you will develop muscle memory to that system.. where you hold it.. how you shoulder it... what the sights are like.. and so on.. so any gun will feel different.. ideally I really only use my gun.. so I would want to build it out to fit what I want..

If you go with the BAD selector you can choose which levers you like they have 5 or 6 to choose from. I have used a few ambi selectors and the BAD-ASS is the smoothest so far. I have used the Troy, Spikes and the RRA. The Battle Arms is the best in my opinion. The whole ambi thing, the way I think of it is I don't shoot my Ar all that much but when I do I like it set-up the way I like it. The whole thing of using someone's rifle how often does that happen? For me only at the range and I don't need to be quick just having fun. So I shoot lefty and set my AR's up ambi as much as possible. I use the Troy mag release and the Battle Arms selector.

As a lefty, I thought an ambi safety was a must-have. But when actuating the safety, I find that I use the trigger finger for a standard safety and the trigger finger and thumb on an ambi safety. Although I still like ambi safeties on AR's, they are really not needed for me. BTW, i have the BAD lever and a Stag one so I still run them.

The battle arms ambi is really nice with the right options. I've got their hybrid on the weak hand side on a couple rifles. Given a budget and if something had to go, I could live without the ambi safety. There are multiple ways to get around it.

well so i ordered the bad-ass lever... the finish looked soooo much nicer than the troy and all the reviews seem good

plus i heard you can call the company and swap out for a new lever flavor anytime you want! they have 6 different ones..

no matter of condition its always available to you!!!

My SR came with the KAC ambi safety. I didn't notice myself using it so much until I finished building my second lower w/o an ambi safety. To my surprise, I was reaching for the right side with my trigger finger to flip the safety on. It wasn't there.

As the other posters have commented, you inadvertantly get use to it and notice issues when it's been changed. I have not noticed issues with any ambi-safeties I've used, but my friend commented that mine with a clearance cut on the paddle area made it more comfortable. I can see that my hand would touch the safety if the recess wasn't there. No biggie in my opinion. Stick with what works.

I wouldn't recommend KAC unless price is not an issue.

well so i ordered the bad-ass lever... the finish looked soooo much nicer than the troy and all the reviews seem good

plus i heard you can call the company and swap out for a new lever flavor anytime you want! they have 6 different ones..

no matter of condition its always available to you!!!

Where have you heard that you can switch out the levers?