45Doll

We're Looking For The Bomber - And we want to search your house

If they come in, see you have a bunch of guns and ammo and decide you're a danger, they'll seize your weapons, which you will never see again, and possibly arrest you and stick your name in the NICS system. Sorry, but until the government respects my right to keep and bear arms, I am not letting them in the house without a warrant.

(1) I would be in my home with my gun on my hip. My wife would have one on her too.

(2) I would offer any information that could help but would be very hesitant to let them in. I don't want to give anybody trouble and I know they aren't interested in whatever they might see in my house but lots of people have gotten into legal trouble by being nice and letting the police in.

A guy I work with - really good, responsible guy - let the police in when they responded to a domestic complaint from his wife. I know nothing about the domestic incident other than she dropped the charges and he's not being charged. He has been charged with possession of marijuana. The police thought they smelled something once they got inside. He passed a drug test at work 3 days later so he wasn't using marijuana. But he's in trouble.

My rule: I'll be as helpful as I can outside on the step with my door closed behind me.

Why you talk crap like that? You know dang well you'll comply in that scenario. Let's be real and top talking smack...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

who the fk are you to think you know me well enough to say this? I come from a family of LE, I know what I'm doing

There is no need for anyone to come into my house period. You simply say you've been home and searched your own area and you're keeping your eye out to report anything.

anyone see these comments?

RaeBrownlee

I was evacuated today and just returned to my house an hour ago. My front door was also just 15 ft away from the suspects. (I would have taken photos but I was afraid the flash photography would draw unwanted attention.) In about 3.5 minutes about 100 rounds of bullets and quite a few explosive devices went off...I would imagine it was as close to a war zone as I'll ever see...I hope. I will say it was a really crazy situation, and given the suspects' history, likely warranted the searches on behalf of public safety. So, yeah, I was cooperative with the police when they entered our home. Also, just to point out, you don't really have any other option when 17 men with guns pointed at you are standing at your front door.

1 Hour Ago

from slate.com

Phredd

They pointed their guns AT you?? Seriously?

31 Minutes Ago

from slate.com

default-avatar.jpg

RaeBrownlee

Oh yes. At different times both my husband and I had to put our hands up, or at least we definitely felt like it was in our best interest. We were taking turns holding a toddler so it wasn't always possible to do so.

absolutly let them in. their looking for a terrorist. have better things to do/care about then rummage through your things you know. agree stronly with the quick search however

And that is why this country has gone down hill since 9/11. Let them come in and invade our privacy; its all in the name of safety.

When will people wake up; millions of dollars spent on OT and countless agencies can't find this scum bag. Who does? A citizen looking at his boat. Same as the attempted Time Square bombing. A citizen was the one who saved the day. Sorry, but I don't see the alphabet soup agencies blowing the top off any of these cases.

says it 'might' apply and has not been challenged. Also, in the manner they did this, there is no way a challenge wouldn't stand unless marshal law was imposed and even then, it's iffy.

Knock, knock. Who's there? It's the police. We are here to search your house for a terrorist Open the door and let us in.

You can either let them in voluntarily or I guess you could say "no" and they'd come in anyways with your objection duly noted. If you had a gun on your hip, I'd bet you'd be face down on the floor in your foyer with a few boots on your neck while they searched your house.

I wouldn't assign the country going down hill to the weakening of the 4th ammendment. To my knowledge, it hasn't affected me or was the cause of the value of my house to decline.

One thing that amazed me was where did all these SWAT type cops come from with tank like vehicles and BlackHawk helicoptors?

I think part of the problem, as stated above, is the countless agencies. There are way too many agencies and branches of law enforcement to operate cohesively.

what I said earlier is exactly what I would do.

I certainly can appreciate the situation but I'm not letting anyone in my house. The reason we have the 4th is for our protection and the 'what ifs'. Hell, who is to say the kid is across the street, sees a bunch of armed guys going to houses and decides to open up at my house where my kids are while I am there with the police on the front door? You can say it's highly unlikely and I can say about as likely the guy is in my house.........

don't misunderstand me. i don't like anyone in my home for anything. i dunno why, i just don't. but then again, i don't let anyone touch or drive my car either, lolol.

it's nothing against police though........

I am really with you on the car thing...I hate people leaning on my truck...lol

And that is why this country has gone down hill since 9/11. Let them come in and invade our privacy; its all in the name of safety.

When will people wake up; millions of dollars spent on OT and countless agencies can't find this scum bag. Who does? A citizen looking at his boat. Same as the attempted Time Square bombing. A citizen was the one who saved the day. Sorry, but I don't see the alphabet soup agencies blowing the top off any of these cases.

If you ran it it would be perfect. The public helps, that's why they told them to be vigilant. People are missing the point that 2 friggin scumbags murdered innocent people, assassinated a police officer and ruined countless lives.

Everyone has the right to decide this for themselves but are we really worried about OT for these 5 days? The average LEO probably puts in 10-20hrs a week normally.

And I'm not surprised a citizen found him and not a LEO for the simple fact that its statistically more likely. LEOs involved 2,000 let's say? Watertown, MA population - 31,915

Personally I would let them know the house was clear but would allow them to confirm in this situation should they request to.

(1) I would be in my home with my gun on my hip. My wife would have one on her too.

(2) I would offer any information that could help but would be very hesitant to let them in. I don't want to give anybody trouble and I know they aren't interested in whatever they might see in my house but lots of people have gotten into legal trouble by being nice and letting the police in.

A guy I work with - really good, responsible guy - let the police in when they responded to a domestic complaint from his wife. I know nothing about the domestic incident other than she dropped the charges and he's not being charged. He has been charged with possession of marijuana. The police thought they smelled something once they got inside. He passed a drug test at work 3 days later so he wasn't using marijuana. But he's in trouble.

My rule: I'll be as helpful as I can outside on the step with my door closed behind me.

Domestic violence is a whole different issue.

Sorry, in this situation no one's coming inside my house unless I know and love them. Given this scenario, I would be on high alert and with a pistol on my hip and shotgun in hand. No one is welcome inside my house except the people I know, love, and am willing to die protecting. (Sorry if that seems melodramatic, but as others have said: this is why I own a firearm)

I don't need to know you... and like you know me...? I wasn't trying to insult you in any way... But right away, everyone comes across that they are worried about their guns, their privacy, etc... . Everyone here gets on the defensive saying they will not cooperate with LE... Even if you are from a family of LE, they still don't know you. Like I said in another thread. This is a different situation. Not a domestic visit, not a visit to see if you have guns. A heightened state that would have adrenalin flaring maybe more so than usual...

You say now you are from a family of LE....? But have not done anything in their shoes I take it? But if I'm going to investigate a situation like this with not knowing what's on the other side of a door, my senses will be as alert as if I were entering a highly possible dangerous threat. If I see a gun under this terrorist threat going on, you may get put down fast. They will cover their arses... This, "I will not comply, Not let them in, Period, etc., etc..." is nothing more than most people on this forum throwing their chest out boldly.. But in reality... people cave to lesser mindsets... Finally, LE will not take your word for it. What happens if you are being forced to say he is not here under duress?

who the fk are you to think you know me well enough to say this? I come from a family of LE, I know what I'm doing

There is no need for anyone to come into my house period. You simply say you've been home and searched your own area and you're keeping your eye out to report anything.

THIS... +1

As for where they all came from... Oblama unleashed the permission to get any aid needed. I'm sure the FBI and State authorities helped...

Knock, knock. Who's there? It's the police. We are here to search your house for a terrorist Open the door and let us in.

You can either let them in voluntarily or I guess you could say "no" and they'd come in anyways with your objection duly noted. If you had a gun on your hip, I'd bet you'd be face down on the floor in your foyer with a few boots on your neck while they searched your house.

I wouldn't assign the country going down hill to the weakening of the 4th ammendment. To my knowledge, it hasn't affected me or was the cause of the value of my house to decline.

One thing that amazed me was where did all these SWAT type cops come from with tank like vehicles and BlackHawk helicoptors?

I think part of the problem, as stated above, is the countless agencies. There are way too many agencies and branches of law enforcement to operate cohesively.

I think we may also be missing a bigger picture.

A bleeding 19 year old brought a town to a standstill, locked people into their own homes, and had lots and lots of normal people with guns in their faces by their own government

Think about that for a bit. And then consider what if there were 10 or 20. What if they set of a bomb in a public space and then spread in a town and ambushed police all over the place. What would would the reaction of police be vs the civilian population?

Some of the responses in this are so laughable.. If they are looking for a terrorist that may be hiding in your neighborhood and you know they are doing home searches, you can be damn sure I'm going to let them in with proper ID.. I would certainly warn them before opening the door that I had a firearm on me or next to me or wherever it was.. I'm sure that the might have encountered that in some homes.. In a situation like this, if they come in, and ask me to put my hands up to make sure I have no intention of harming them, I'd do it.. They are doing their f'ing jobs people and its its a serious situation that could effect a multitude of people.. Get over your "not in my home, cops" theories and let the authorities try to make sure the community safe.. (This is directed at no one in particular, just in general)

I'm obviously the last person to be accused of allowing a bs search. This is different by far. There are many scenarios where its the right thing to do. He could be hiding somewhere and you didn't I know it for one. But everyone in this area knew what was going on. It's not like a random knock on your door one night and there is cops saying they are looking for a terrorist.

Some of you guys are missing the big picture of what transpired.

1. I wouldn't allow them to search my house. They can be pissed off, but they can also put one LEO at the curb and one in the neighbor's back yard watching my home to see if anyone leaves. Go get a warrant (which I believe a judge is standing by willing to issue one in this situation), and then properly search my home.

2. They shut a city down for 1 "terrorist". Think about this, they deemed that businesses had to close and people had to stay indoors whilst armed men searched the homes. See opinion at end.

3. Once a situation is declared "terroristic", civil liberties become abandoned because "it's unreasonable to not allow those to do their jobs as they see fit".

So, how did it make you feel to see a militaristic presence patrolling streets and searching homes? I shake my head in disbelief because I just know so many will say "I feel so much safer knowing they had my back and I didn't care what they had to do". This Boston event is a great case study for future events and the bar has been raised for what people are willing to allow.

I think we may also be missing a bigger picture.

A bleeding 19 year old brought a town to a standstill, locked people into their own homes, and had lots and lots of normal people with guns in their faces by their own government

Think about that for a bit. And then consider what if there were 10 or 20. What if they set of a bomb in a public space and then spread in a town and ambushed police all over the place. What would would the reaction of police be vs the civilian population?

I think you just sounded the alarm for more people to have to arm themselves. Many bad men around the world have just witnessed how easy it is to seize a city.

I do think the military and shutting down a city was quite a bit much but we aren't talking about that.

Ooops, sorry. I just made a correlation between shutting down a city and searching the homes.

They made the city one big FEMA camp, oops again ;) hahaha

1. I wouldn't allow them to search my house. They can be pissed off, but they can also put one LEO at the curb and one in the neighbor's back yard watching my home to see if anyone leaves. Go get a warrant (which I believe a judge is standing by willing to issue one in this situation), and then properly search my home.

I see, so what you are saying is that if 100 people behaved like you, there would be 200 cops now guarding houses while a terrorist is on the loose. If that delays the search long enough for the dude to kill someone elses 8 year old, you can look yourself in the mirror?

3. Once a situation is declared "terroristic", civil liberties become abandoned because "it's unreasonable to not allow those to do their jobs as they see fit".

This wasn't a guy with a can of spray paint being called a terrorist. Maybe you didn't watch the news but people's limbs were torn from their bodies. Can you seriously look yourself in the mirror if someone else dies because you decided to thump your chest when the cops are not actually interested in screwing with you, just making sure someone else doesn't get killed?

How would feel if the guy was in your house with a bomb strapped to you child, while your neighbor was delaying the cops?

So, how did it make you feel to see a militaristic presence patrolling streets and searching homes? I shake my head in disbelief because I just know so many will say "I feel so much safer knowing they had my back and I didn't care what they had to do". This Boston event is a great case study for future events and the bar has been raised for what people are willing to allow.

Yep, there are troubling questions there, but there are also troubling questions about your attitude as well? What should have the police done? How would you have handled the problem if you don't like the way it was handled?